Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too much hype for GW2?

12346»

Comments

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Originally posted by MasterDeadly

Originally posted by Azzataky

I know I'll be getting few pages back in disscusion but I just cant stand one thing - GW is grindfest??? GRINDFEST? :D In certain way yes, but as someone said here that you hit lvl cap so early that you can after that only grind money for best gear? I gotta say.. what is that? WAY TOO MUCH WOW you played dude.. This game is not about freakin gear. I've almost never been farming. I have only one cool armor - without runes and one armor with runes for farming which I dont use these days at all.

So I dont have any runes for PvE and for PvP I use just stuff what I opened by PvP baltazar points. And its not much I mostly open skills with it.. So no, its not grindfest for gear (since every gear is same, just look is different and only thing which improves it is Runes). Ofc you can make that game this way and grind money so you have all armors, your choice. But we can say GW is "grindfest" so you get all skills. But thats way more fun that getting better gear - cause better gear means you have everything same except some numbers are higher. But more skills means more stuff you can do, more skillbars you can fill, different builds you can do so much more ways how to screw with your enemy.

So lest see - WoW = gear and gear = still the same.

GW = skills = variety of gameplay, so I realy say, gimme GW 2 Anet!

Fanboy.

Lol, its not about fanboism or anything of the sort. The grind in GW is mainly self-imposed. It's a "I wanna look the best" type of grind. All armour is mostly aesthetic and you could easily finish the game with armour you had when you were level 1 with the only change being runes and runes are only a Rune Trader away. In GW its definitely not about gear but more about your skill bar, why do you think some people call it Build Wars?

Exactly. You know its only my opinion I'm not saying its right, its just how I see it. (thats kinda for MasterDeadly.. :D)

And Zero is right, its about skillbar, its realy better for me because in WoW you have all skills at your skillbar and you "need" em. In GW you have only 8 skills but it also makes fight more group team style, you can do realy cool combos and also for PvE you can use for different maps different builds, for PvP you can do a lot of builds focused on different characters, its just as much fun to create build for me as it is fun for WoW ppl grind for gear forever. And if in GW 2 you will have different skills in battle it will be realy awesome - that just means they improve this thing so you can try to do a build on more kind of enemies and you can change your skillbar in battle. but still you cant use all skills what you have which makes it for me realy more fun to play even than GW 1.

Btw I dont care if you call me fanboy, if I have to be fanboy so I can say this, whatever.. I'll be fanboy.. xD

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

To a troll, everyone is a fanboy because they don't worship their (the trolls) personal favorite game.

• SeivalSeival Member Posts: 136

I it is WoW that has too much hype, not GW2.

Look at any new fantasy MMO discussion. Everyone are trying to compare these new games with WoW as if it was a standard of MMO development. But WoW is nothing more then deification of time sinker grinding gameplay. WoW is the game that covers lack of its content with constant "get a new item" minigames. Remove grinding from WoW and you will have nothing to do out there. WoW is not exelent game. It's not even a good enough game. The only exelent thing WoW has is customer support. But still this common game is very well advertized.  

So I think OP choose wrong game forum to ask opinion about hype :)

• RocksPodcastRocksPodcast Member Posts: 10

Why to much hype. I'ts gonna be awesome. *cant wait* 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by ComfyChair
    To a troll, everyone is a fanboy because they don't worship their (the trolls) personal favorite game.

To a fanboy, everyone is a troll because they don't worship their (the fanboys) personal favorite game.

see what i did there?

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Foomerang

To a fanboy, everyone is a troll because they don't worship their (the fanboys) personal favorite game.

see what i did there?

no

lol

Edit: Yes

see what i did there?

You reversed some words, well done. Do you want a cookie? :D

Also, yes, both of our statements are correct! Both groups of people are very stupid. Although in this stage of a games development it seems that anyone who knows anything about a game is a 'fanboy', and calmly stating issues with some other posters uninformed views on a particular subject ( 'zomg griefing in dynamic events' for example) is a very bad thing to do :p

Plus trolls are rife on this forum lately, i blame guild wars 2 having high hype. I find it hilarious how the hype meter flickers around as trolls rate it 0 in a vague attempt to make their preferred game look better. was nicer when noone really knew about guild wars 2 except guild wars 1 players XD

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Dont worry comfychair. The general chat in GW 2 will be filled with trolls even though they like the game. Trolls are existent because the truth hurts them.

-I am here to perform logic

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

see what i did there?

Also, yes, both of our statements are correct! Both groups of people are very stupid. Although in this stage of a games development it seems that anyone who knows anything about a game is a 'fanboy', and calmly stating issues with some other posters uninformed views on a particular subject ( 'zomg griefing in dynamic events' for example) is a very bad thing to do :p
    Plus trolls are rife on this forum lately, i blame guild wars 2 having high hype. I find it hilarious how the hype meter flickers around as trolls rate it 0 in a vague attempt to make their preferred game look better. was nicer when noone really knew about guild wars 2 except guild wars 1 players XD

pro tip: trolls and fanboys are one and the same

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I hope not, I am all for real good games coming out and giving people options.....Most people cannot probably answer this honestly and objectively (since they havent played it, or seen enough).

I will probably get it, since it is b2p, barring something I really don't like.

see what i did there?

pro tip: trolls and fanboys are one and the same

^ indeed so, they just troll from different viewpoints.