Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzards next MMORPG *Starcraft*

124»

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Fibsdk

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/blizzard-confirms-new-mmo-is-completely-original-ip/

A new IP people. You can stop speculating

Sure....'cause they said so.

Don't believe everything you read/hear. I think they have good reason not to announce a SC mmo at this point in development, if that's actually what's being made.

Blizzy isn't exactly known for having a deep pool of IPs.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Cecropia

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/blizzard-confirms-new-mmo-is-completely-original-ip/

Don't believe everything you read/hear. I think they have good reason not to announce a SC mmo at this point in development, if that's actually what's being made.

At this point all the info we have points to the new MMO being a new IP.  So unless you have some info that we do not have, it's pretty silly to suggest otherwise.  It really does not make any sense for Blizzard to lie about this like that in their official announcements. 

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Originally posted by Torik

At this point all the info we have points to the new MMO being a new IP.  So unless you have some info that we do not have, it's pretty silly to suggest otherwise.  It really does not make any sense for Blizzard to lie about this like that in their official announcements. 

I think what he is trying to say is that he wishes really really hard.

• JLVDBJLVDB Member Posts: 281

I also read in an interview they thought the SC Lore itself would be "odd" to implement as an MMO.

WoW already had ... cows as a playable race, but who would want to play ugly giant insects anyway ?

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by happydan20

I mentioned this while playing wow and it was like I unveiled a parading group of naked women... half of them wooped in appreciation and the other half howled in disgust.

I think it would be great, again youd be drawing on an estabolished world, granted only 3 races would be limiting but that would also open up more for racial abilities. Perhaps every unit could be a class?

Vultures as mounts? riding in an overlord?  Being in the ground in a zergling attack?  Flying vehicles?

Space station instances?

I think they could have more than 3 races.

There would be 3 factions, within each you have the possibility of a lot of races.  Tons of zerg species, tons of protoss, each race having different classes.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but you could definitely have a lot of races.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by JLVDB

I also read in an interview they thought the SC Lore itself would be "odd" to implement as an MMO.

WoW already had ... cows as a playable race, but who would want to play ugly giant insects anyway ?

I'd love to be a Zerg ranger...err, Hydralisk.

Edit: What's the big deal about races in an mmo? Isn't it the skill set/class that really defines a character's role in-game.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

I remember reading somewhere that blizzards next mmo wont be using an existing IP?

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Necro post fools!!!

This thing is 6 years old LOL