Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA's Amazing Graphix

2»

Comments

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

They do look great.  It is the tiny people with pointy hats and Teddy Ruxpin's running around that kills it (and FF) for me.  They are great otherwise. . I just can't run around in a virtual world like that.

Same here, one of the main reason i can't get into Asian games. Too fluffy and cute for my taste. I prefer AOC, WAR kind of art style. it looks good but i will most probably pass on it.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

They do look great.  It is the tiny people with pointy hats and Teddy Ruxpin's running around that kills it (and FF) for me.  They are great otherwise. . I just can't run around in a virtual world like that.

Same here, one of the main reason i can't get into Asian games. Too fluffy and cute for my taste. I prefer AOC, WAR kind of art style. it looks good but i will most probably pass on it.

There are pvp servers... so you can kill all that tiny people with pointy hats xD

I did the same 10 years ago with Gnomes in EQ... damm i really hated them, how can you not hate this?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by judex99

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

There are pvp servers... so you can kill all that tiny people with pointy hats xD

I did the same 10 years ago with Gnomes in EQ... damm i really hated them, how can you not hate this?

And they can bring a little humor into it at the same time ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffZgyeZ7g6c

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

DX11 AoC still looks better

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Comparing it to GoW 1 is a little bit weired. Graphic wise probably the best u3 engine game but still i think crysis looks even now better than any game and i think god of war 3 looked also better than that. But who cares all that matters is gameplay.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I don't much care for the art style used in Tera, but the graphics and imagery sure are way better than FFXIV. FFXIV has a high degree of details in its graphics, that is all. I find the environments in FFXIV to be generic and unintersting looking and the character art is terrible in my view. Tera's environments and character art are more interesting than FFXIV I will say that. I just don't care for the character art in either game. Extremely turned off by character races that look like cabbage patch-baby dolls, midget teddy bears or cat chicks.

Now if I could just get a nice Western looking MMO with gameplay like Tera.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by Ryukan

Now if I could just get a nice Western lloking MMO with gameplay like Tera.

I've been saying the opposite for a while now. Give me an eastern looking MMO with western content and dev team.

• ThrenodyThrenody Member Posts: 54

This game also reminds me alot of Lineage2 with a heap of Aion tossed in the mix.  Watching alot of the Korean beta videos, I'm really impressed by the rendering of character models and game world.  Very interested in what this game has to offer, can't wait for NA testing.

• IsometrixIsometrix Member UncommonPosts: 256

The graphics are indeed amazing. It's graphics that pull me into a game. It's the gameplay that keeps you there ofcourse but it has to be pretty. One of the reasons I hate WoW and can't get into SW:TOR is because the graphics are absolute crap. If this game is any good and delivers on its promises, I might upgrade my computer for it. Big if though :)

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I think Tera is Aion all over again....

Just Asian styled graphics, not my cup of tea...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• WepsyWepsy Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by snoocky

I think Tera is Aion all over again....

Just Asian styled graphics, not my cup of tea...

Yeah I agree. I played and enjoyed COH/COV and SWG. Back then graphics weren't much but for that time not bad.

Still played COH up to last year with new content and was still fun less people but fun and dated graphics even with the ultra setting they added. And I resubbed to SWG last year from Jan til March although I pretty much hated what they did to the game, I felt as if I had missed that game so much. Can't say I'm one for pretty style of graphis over game play though.

"He's no good to me dead."

• tutencommontutencommon Member Posts: 3

It's not about the engine. It's about the Artists.