Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game even exist?

phitchphitch Member Posts: 76

I have seen so little information about this game, it's hard to know if it even exists. Outside of a video, some screens, and some snippets of text the web sight is barren. Is there any information about this game at all?

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

it is still in early production, only got announced in E3 09

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• phitchphitch Member Posts: 76
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

it is still in early production, only got announced in E3 09

I suppose, but a little information would be nice. I hope it doesn't go like Alganon and become a lot of hot air being blown out the developers ass for a WoW clone. *crosses fingers*

• eweaklandeweakland Member Posts: 3

Yeah, I played Alganon for less time than it took to download and install it..  :P

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    It won't be anything like Alganon.  This is a huge studio that is developing 3 mmo's right now, and have some huge funding.  Heroes of Telara is one, a more traditional MMO.  Then they are making a scifi mmo that coincides with a new show on the scifi channel and they will be tied together.. as in the game world will change along with the show.  The third is a mmorts where they are co-oping with a well known rts studio.  These guys have about 100 times the budget of those hacks that made Alganon.

You can read about it and the three studios and their projects here:  www.trionworld.com/studio.php

Cool, a company with an actual budget and money..lol thanks for the info

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Yes, the company has money but is awfully quiet about the game they did announce to be released in 2010.

--
    Delanor

• TheDarzinTheDarzin Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Delanor

Yes, the company has money but is awfully quiet about the game they did announce to be released in 2010.

I am going to go with this but further and say that because of their "ties" to other MMO's being produced they probably have either scraped or put this game far on the back burner...

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by TheDarzin

I am going to go with this but further and say that because of their "ties" to other MMO's being produced they probably have either scraped or put this game far on the back burner...

Those are two possible reasons. My speculation is that they are reorganising at the moment. I suspect due to budget cuts.

--
    Delanor

Originally posted by TheDarzin

what if, for a change there is actually one company and a crew smart enough to not OVER hype a game to only have it not live up to the hype. Instead, release it explain the play and allow the players to set the hype...

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Any serious professional MMO company will keep their mouth shut until they have something significant to show and are sure they aren't going to change it.

See what Blizzard is doing with their new unannounced MMO; they are currently trying many versions of the gameplay so will not release any information until the basics have been locked down.

I have high hopes for HoT. Hope it is as fun as vanilla WoW...

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

I agree with the poster above me, and I think they may have jumped the gun on the announcement. But they did have some significant gameplay to show at E3, I just think that they are spending their money on development instead of marketing at this point. You still have to pay people to write up and release information of substance on a regular basis, and with being a new company working on their flagship title you can see where they may have to prioritize.

• SignRiftSignRift Member Posts: 46

yes it exists and looks to be wicked fun!

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Who necroed this two years old thread?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by SignRift

yes it exists and looks to be wicked fun!

LOL! You just won the Necro award of the year!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I was going to ask if the OP had a pair of eyes, then I saw the posting date. :)