Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New gamebreaking bugs

ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57876-please-listen-us.html#post1089444

Without going into details and breaking the rules, let's just say it is about a new dupe bug. No responce from SV despite the severe situation, server still up, threads are getting deleted.

Comments

• I'd probably play this if it wasn't for the incompetent dev team and the game being filled with a gazillion glitches and bugs.

One of the least professional companies out there, that much is certain.

• shogunoneshogunone Member Posts: 85

There is always at least 1 kind of dupe in the game.  SV can not code thier way out of a wet paper bag.   The damn horse dupe was in the game for months.  People in the thread think SV has an item log which is so damn finny if that were ture most of the keeps that are standing today would not be up.

It is funny reading the thread.  Almost all the vets are gone and it is all new people that do not know that the first 3 months after release were rife with dupes, and alot of the structures up today that trade hands are infact built on ill gotten gains.  And they are complaing that the econ will be ruined.  It was ruined already there is no econ and that is mainly die to the tons of dupes that have already been in the game.  And this new dupe has been in the game since atleast 2 patches ago.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Did they make another black hole? lulz

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

What is a dupe? I don't want to know about how to make any exploits, but I don't want to create a definition in my head for 'dupe'.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by lizardbones

What is a dupe? I don't want to know about how to make any exploits, but I don't want to create a definition in my head for 'dupe'.

Short for "Duplicating". As in you take one item, do something, and get illegal, yet fully working copies.

I am so glad I cancled my sub.  I am glad I am not going to be around a bunch of mindless zombies anymore.  I can not believe they are talking about SV having item ids and a databse.  If they did don't you think they would of caught on to the dupe instead of a player coming into IRC and blurting out how to do it.  Especially sinc ethe dupe has been in the game for a while.  I am sure someone skimming over a numbered item database would of been lik e"hmmm we have a repitition here". 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947

Wow.. another widespread dupe bug.  How many times is this?

If I recall, the guy who posts here and is an ex gamemaster said something about there still being dupe bugs in the game.  Guess he was right.  

At least THIS time it looks like more people are realizing the extent of the dupe/exploiting and are asking for a server/item wipe.  I think they learned that the last time they were promised that all the dupers would be banned and all the items deleted... that didn't exactly happen as planned.

Oh well.   Let's wait for the official Henrick pronouncement.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

Suffice to say, couple of months back I handed out 250,000 gold out to pretty much every guild on the server. Did they notice it? Mhmmmm yeah right. :)

[mod edit]

• oramiooramio Member Posts: 121

unacceptable. I can only accept the problem if they ban the dupers, but there's no way that they can save the economy now, all duped items will change hand in no time

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Toferio

Without going into details and breaking the rules, let's just say it is about a new dupe bug. No responce from SV despite the severe situation, server still up, threads are getting deleted.

They haven't fixed the "old" one. image  SV oftten sits by for weeks/months with KNOWN game breaking issues. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

It's relatively amazing to me that these bugs occur with such frequency, even with the minimal updates that SV manages to push out.

The person above who stated that SV couldn't code their way out of a paper bag has it completely right, and it's been proven time, and time again. This is what happens when you get people with no experience in object oriented code to develop a game on a platform that requires you to be a real programmer. It's astounding that people have stuck with them for so long.

Having a good idea for a game is great, but having the ability to carry it out is an entirely different thing. And thus far, aside from some very shallow combat, SV has not managed to deliver on almost anything other than very pretty cinematic trailers for the game. Either way, this should be ringing the alarms in the few subscribers left to know that the game is never going to be what they hope.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534

Wonder when this game is actually going to shut down, seeing as problems erupt constantly - people aren't going to just "go with it" for long. Mortal Online, great idea - really wish it WORKED. If they can sell it to another company that would be grand.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/57887-what-your-opinion.html

The players are putting it to a vote.  Atleast there are some players that know that SV can not track or find the duped stuff and they are getting hated on for saying it.

If SV could track or find anything there would be a lot of keeps that would not be in the game.  Or what about the 4 months of mount duping?

Originally posted by shogunone

The players are putting it to a vote.  Atleast there are some players that know that SV can not track or find the duped stuff and they are getting hated on for saying it.

If SV could track or find anything there would be a lot of keeps that would not be in the game.  Or what about the 4 months of mount duping?

Whats the debate about? SV has openly admitted they cant' track this stuff. 

I win!!! LOL@U

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Whats the debate about? SV has openly admitted they cant' track this stuff. 

I guess no one remembers all the previous dupes.  I guess they do not remember nothing really happened then there were not structures or keeps deleted.  I guess they also do not know basic math.   If SV did not know this dupe has been going on for as long as it has been obviously there is no system in place to check it.  2+2=4

And for how long it has been going on there is ebough damge done to the sytem and there is enough duped items and gold in the hands of many people not just the people who did the dupe. 

They have rolled back the server 10 hours to compensate when the person went on IRC and sai how it is being done.  That doesn't help the almost 2 months it was being done.

[mod edit]

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

This game IS a game breaking bug.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

They have rolled back the server 10 hours to compensate when the person went on IRC and sai how it is being done.  That doesn't help the almost 2 months it was being done.

LOL... Classic Starvault. image    How does that fix anything?  

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by HanoverZ

LOL... Classic Starvault. image    How does that fix anything?  

I think we all know the answer to that.

Ironically, I thought that in my time away that SV would get better about things like this, but in fact they have gotten worse. It's kind of sad but meh... what can ya do.

Seems like a large contingent (>40%) want either a full server wipe or a full item wipe.  Even some guild leaders:

SS's stance on exploiting and duping has always been 0 tolerance. My account is open for inspection and always has been. We have constantly reported all exploits that have been found in guild, and always worked hard to get them out of game.

This is not a new problem kids. Its a problem that has been in game since day one. Certain guilds at release abused dupe bugs, Price bugs, and any other bug they found in game. We vets may remember a certain sombody giving another certain someone 100 catipult deeds befor he left MO. And we may remember that person got those deeds on day one of TC patch when they did not cost money to buy them.

Anyway you look at it their has always been a imbalance in game due to many issiues. Now that its seems finally open for discussion lets as a community come together to fix it. I voted for the first option but would also support a wipe if thats needed.

What is also interesting is that the guildleader of  Forsaken is also making the case for a full wipe:

Honestly, as leader of a largely merchant guild, I can say that the detrimental effect of a wipe of any kind would be outweighed by the fact that when we re-start - our time invested would be far more profitable since the economy wont be skewed.

Forsaken has built everything it has legit (as far as I know, I can't read peoples minds) and I honestly think we would all give it up and restart to have our time be worth putting in again.

It is difficult for us to make profits off of our time currently because a lot of materials simply do not sell. Yet they are clearly still in circulation.

I know some of the rugular posters here are members of that guild.  I look forward to their input on this discussion...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Why's this dupe different than the others since MOs release?   Also, what good would a wipe do? 

I win!!! LOL@U

• cirsyndiccirsyndic Member UncommonPosts: 261

What would happen when a new dupe popped up AFTER a wipe? I hate to sound like a broken parrot, but please go look at this games code. Just look at it. And tell me that a new dupe wouldn't pop up after they wiped; if you can.

Broken code, on broken code, on broken code, on more broken code. Unfixable for next year+ and thats with a Blizzard level company, not Starvault level company.

Originally posted by cirsyndic

What would happen when a new dupe popped up AFTER a wipe? I hate to sound like a broken parrot, but please go look at this games code. Just look at it. And tell me that a new dupe wouldn't pop up after they wiped; if you can.

Broken code, on broken code, on broken code, on more broken code. Unfixable for next year+ and thats with a Blizzard level company, not Starvault level company.

The game released with at least 2 dupes and has had dupes ever since.   I dont understand why this 'one" is any different.

With the amount of people playing,  SV could manually go through all the banks.

I win!!! LOL@U

Well the one thing we can guage from this new dupe is the population of the people who are actually playing the game.  This is  a pretty big deal and most likely everyone who is playing is checking the customer section.

And this thread with a pretty important poll only has 140ish votes.

People are showing screenshots of duping from WEEKS ago.... and SV rolls back the server by a few hours?!?!?

Does this make sense in any way...shape...or form?