Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take you to create your character?

ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Like title says...

Retrying EVE on a trial, and it took me about 2 hours...about an hour and a half creating the character, and about half an hour getting the portrait how I liked it

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

Comments

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

I've just finished now. It's been about an hour of pure customisation pleasure :D

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

About 10 minutes.  I'm not overly picky and don't like to waste time creating would rather be playing.  

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

5 min or less.

Hours playing around on test-server tho.       ,,/, >_< ,,,/

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I spent an hour, and couldn't even come close to re-creating the look from my old portrait. Technically, the character creator is awesome, I just couldn't get the look I wanted. Guess I will have to get used to the new one.

• KPilkingtonKPilkington Member Posts: 12

It didn't have that many options, thought it would have more and every option I changed my character still looked the same cause races are locked via faction and we couldn't change that. Thought it was pretty mediocre, the facial graphics looked alright but when taking a portrait it didn't look as nice.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Originally posted by elocke

About 10 minutes.  I'm not overly picky and don't like to waste time creating would rather be playing.  

Wait, there's a game past the character creator? The creation itself is so awesome, I thought that was the game...

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Took me about 40mins and i'am very pleased with the outcome.. Some cooler clothes, tattooes, scars, ect would've been nice but i'am still very happy with the creator.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• DarSepkiDarSepki Member Posts: 51

So far it has taken 30 minutes. I am counting the time required to download the patch.

Played with the character creator on sisi a few times, so it should be quick.

Real question is how many are going to miss an CTA cause they are designing thier new look!

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I just pressed "No", logged in and did some logistics before anyone else logged in.

Also, you're all ugly.

• ViscVisc Member Posts: 89

I am not looking forward to the process. This is an EVIL fucking thing to do to a Libra.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Havent created mine yet but some people have done outstanding jobs recreating their avatars cant wait for Incarna!!!

• VaenVaen Member Posts: 140

I'd rather not have avatar, much prefer having the grey shadow, gonna keep it as long as possible. Seems to me, that absolute majority enjoys character cutomization, but I personally have never been quite understood why one would want to nitpick about an in-game avatar. I'm fond of the old school type of 'change color of your shirt and hair' and that's it. I do understand though, that in heavy roleplaying it's really nice to have and avatar with certain charisma. Technically very impressive this new editor is as well.

I suppose this and the station walking expansion will take EVE to new highs again, gives a bit life for the otherwise quite cold and harsh game.

• FarReachFarReach Member Posts: 229

Like 15min, because nobody pays attention to them anyway and I'm sure we will be able to do more/different stuff to them by the time Incarna finally releases. 

I did spend a couple hours playing with it on the test client though. And after years of playing games, I've become pretty good at getting my avatar to look like me. lol

• eveisbettereveisbetter Member Posts: 71

I spent about 3 hours last night on it, but I wasn't trying to recreate my original avatar.  I took the opportunity to make my female capsuleer look ATTRACTIVE for a change, since minmatar females always looked rather... mutated, to me.

Anyways, I stayed up far too late last night so work is hell today, but man.... at least my pod-bitch is sexy.

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

It was interesting to mess around with although the make up on a female char confuzzled me, I haven't got a clue how make up should/could be applied so I mashed the sliders and colours until I got something that looked ok.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

It took me about an hour to create my character and another hour to take his photo.  I've suffered with avatar regret since I made him two + years ago.  image

I made him during a trial and didn't care very much what it looked like...  When I decided to stick with the game I didn't want to scrub the time spent on training so I was stuck with that stupid looking thing until now, so this time around, I took my time and made sure I mastered the character customizer before I made the new face.

Now if only I could change the toon's name...  image

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by Hazelle

It took me about an hour to create my character and another hour to take his photo.  I've suffered with avatar regret since I made him two + years ago.  image

I made him during a trial and didn't care very much what it looked like...  When I decided to stick with the game I didn't want to scrub the time spent on training so I was stuck with that stupid looking thing until now, so this time around, I took my time and made sure I mastered the character customizer before I made the new face.

Now if only I could change the toon's name...  image

Yeah i was on the same boat as you man.. I rushed with my name + pic.. Now that i fixed the pic i wish i could fix the name, but you're name identifies who you are and what you've done in EvE so i doubt they'll ever allow you to change that.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I kept playing will all the tools for a good hour.