Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pay for trial

silverdragunsilverdragun Member Posts: 3

what is this game made by ncsoft of something...i hate the company with a passion

Comments

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

They have done it cause right now they have more players than they where expecting this game is made by 10 people only with a very very small budget and the servers currently cannot handle the demand of hundreds of trial players pouring in

starter areas being busy making it dfficult to get assignment kills done is also a reason having a free trial with lots of players pouring in would suck :)

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

actually they lose customers this way, i was interested in this game a while back but making me pay for a trial is what made me go back to EvE, but i do understand their motives.

• DevelopmentDevelopment Member Posts: 52

Tbh, the game is Dirt-cheap as is.

10bucks for 1 month, no Box-price, small/fast digital download.

If your really interested whats 10 bucks to try it for a month lol

• wilson1225wilson1225 Member Posts: 48

Pay for trial and pay to level (which is what time based leveling boils down to), no thanks.  It's a shame since the premise of the game seems interesting.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

It's actually a smart decision, really hurts the gold-farmers that spam chat, when they know they are out $4 every time they press Ctrl+v. Despite there already having been a significant banning of Gold farmers and a corp that was running macros 24/7, I havn't seen any gold farmer spamming.

Paid trials are something ALL mmos should adopt.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

Why should i pay for a trial? makes no sense to me. Just today i was in a  clothing shop and i found myself looking at this t-shirt, i thought, it does like great but i wonder if it fits me so i tried it loved it and bought it.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

Originally posted by Kazuhiro

that's the stupidest thing i've read in a long time.  why should i have to pay for a trial?

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Asamighost

Why should i pay for a trial? makes no sense to me. Just today i was in a  clothing shop and i found myself looking at this t-shirt, i thought, it does like great but i wonder if it fits me so i tried it loved it and bought it.

Get over yourself, your not that important. If you cant afford $4 trial, for a game that is free to download and cost $10 a month, you shouldn't be playing games.

Originally posted by Tazlor

that's the stupidest thing i've read in a long time.  why should i have to pay for a trial?

Because we are all enjoying spam frree gaming cause no gold farmer will play $4, sounds like your out of a job.

• ElendilasXElendilasX Member Posts: 243

Yes, but you cant make money with that t-shirt, can you? Perpetuum skilling system really needs revamp before they could do free trials or at least they would need to program that you could only use most basic of robots. But then we would see threads that you dont get to experience anything while in trial, wont we?

Free trials with no limitations with screw game economy fast, especially by gold sellers. I will tell why: When you create account you get 20k EP (skill points). By using them correctly and choosing right attributes you can be in 2nd best mining robot there is (Termis). 4slots for mining lasers. There is already top tier small mining lasers which is almost as good as medium (best in game so far). So you have 1 normal account, in day you could make enough to fit you Termis with 4x of those (maybe 2 days). Then 3rd in 1 day.. So you could run multiple accounts and mine in no time which would devalue currency and destroy market as some would run 10x or more. Another way is to make it a hauler, you can do that instantly after creating char (with those 20k EP), and simply haul your materials all the time. Also it would minimize need for corporation mining ops using nexus as you could do that solo by making your main account (maybe even alt-trial) nexus user and have big efficiency boost in mining etc..

I think devs just didnt want to mess with all programming needed so people wont take advantage of trial and simply made it pay per trial which also brings them some extra income...

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

What you just typed is kind of lame , the difference between your wal-mart T-shirt and a paid trial , is that the paid trial avoids having spammers and botters.  When buying a t-shirt , i doubt you'll be having 40 Asian kids spamming your ears on how ugly the shirt is or having those same Asian kids clogging the door way or clogging the teller...catch my drift ? 

I'm honestly for the paid trial , those that truly know MMO's and a good game when they see one won't mind paying 10$ to try it out ... Also did I mention there is a 99.9% chance that your t-shirt was made in China ?    Not helping the economy there , tsk tsk , oh well I'll stop there , but please make sure to read what your typing before pressing "Post Message" and use common sense.

For a 10 men made MMO , they deserve a lot of credit and since November , I am a proud payer / supporter of the game.

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

I understand the whole gold farmers issue., but why not make a trail that just limits chat and trade. You can still find out if you like the game even though you cant chat or trade. they could even make a trial chat channel.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by snoop101
    I understand the whole gold farmers issue.

Having no free trial has nothing to do with gold farmers. Free users do not screw up the game economy, it's silly implication.

As said in other threads and many threads before, it is due technical limitations. Once the server is stabilized, performance improved and there is a server capacity as well as it is financially viable having free users, free trial offers will be introduced.

It is the same as any other game - paying customers first, free users later.

• Originally posted by Dave3216

Originally posted by Tazlor

Because we are all enjoying spam frree gaming cause no gold farmer will play $4, sounds like your out of a job.

Sounds like you're out of grammar.

In any case, trials/demo versions are important. Plus, if a game company is proud of their product, why shouldn't they give the masses a chance to check it out? Only the shady companies and those who try to milk out people who blindly prepurchase would be afraid of letting someone have a glance.

Originally posted by Dave3216

Get over yourself, your not that important. If you cant afford $4 trial, for a game that is free to download and cost $10 a month, you shouldn't be playing games.

I know a fanboi when i see one. It doesnt have anything to do with the price and as a customer in a game i am important just like everyone else is. I play EvE and Rift and i paid for both gladly, now my example shouldnt be taken literally but the thought is there. Perpetuum does look nice to me but i do not know if its the type of game i would enjoy playing, why should i pay a dime to TRY a game for 4 days? Its my opinion, i am not judging like you did.

i know a whinging brat when i see one, go back to wow.