Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Carebear game

Comments

• GrindalyxGrindalyx Member UncommonPosts: 657

I am not a pvper, but i have talked to alot of them and they all say that it is more challenging to fight another player than it is to fight PVE. Which is funny cause i have always seen most pvpers running aruond killing low lvl players to keep them from lvling, i am not saying that all pvpers are like this but in my expirience the vast majority are.

I personally think a challenging story line and in depth quest are more challenging and fun. But what do i know i am a rpg player image. Anyway that is the reasons i have been given.

imageimage

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

NPC or Human both can be difficult or easy depending on who or what it is

But as for no PvP, City of heroes didn't have PvP and now we have the Areana and City of Villians on the way, so PvP could be added later on, how I don't know, but it could happen

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

I guess one of the things that gets me is that PvP isn't something that should be considered 'automatic' in every game. Some settings it just doesn't belong in.

In this game, it just wouldn't feel very 'Middle Earthy' if all Sauron's forces had to do was sit back and watch the elves, dwarves, hobbits and men slaughter each other in PvP =)

That is very true that is why they did away with pvp, originally it was to be good against evil pvp, but when they did away with the alignment system they saw no way that pvp would work. The problem with most pvpers is they like to kill anyone regardless of who they are and if they are good or evil. This is my main reason for not liking pvp. But you are right it doesn't fit into tolkiens world. Now i am ready to be flamed by all who disagree.

imageimage

• Infernus_sinInfernus_sin Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by gargantroo

They just announced this game will be non-pvp.
    It was gonna suck anyways, this is just something else to complain about.
    There wont be any pvp in it.

Great...JUST great...another MMO to cross off my list...only thing to look foward to now is DnL or Darkfall beta.
    I would like to know why you all think that a game has to have pvp in it or it will suck???? Is it that you are all unable to enjoy just playing a game without being able to whack other players???? Come on this is the lord of the rings, Middle earth, Aren't any of you at all interested or excited about being able to explore the world created by Tolkien, the greatest fantasy ever written and all you can do is complain about no pvp.

imageimage

Ah, think of it this way: Do you really want the harcore PvPers playing this game anyway? To me it's best that they're disappointed and stay away from it.
    That is true darquenblade, but i don't see why they have to run the game down and say it will suck just because there is no pvp, can't they just say they won't play it for that reason? They are probably the reason the hype meter isn't any higher than it is.

imageimage

• CroeCroe Member Posts: 194

its not that there is no pvp in it it man think of the concept the book were written on war what do you think they were in the books man Mass pvp, also chief  if you dont put pvp in a game it seems some poeple want to act stupid and mess with you( dont say it doesnt happen heh i know better so do you ) and with no pvp  he could follow you around all day and ks you if the player felt inclined i mean hell what you gonna do about it you cant kill em, so in conclusion i use pvp to punish idiots other ppl might do it for differnt reasons but if you keep letting em do it then they think its okay then you got 50% of your game being ran around by taunting little kids ..........that can ruin a game man straight up

I have read the books over 10 times, I don't recall it being a pvp our all out war. other than fighting against the evil races and it wasn't all the books was about. There is so much lore and myth in the books to fill this game with more content than any other game will ever have. The books are about adventure and finding ones destiny, fighting inner demons and overcoming them. They are also a love story (Arwin and Arogon) races coming together for a common cause. Finding the strength to rise above that wich is thought possible.

What most pvpers want is the ability to fight anyone, wether they are good or evil. That concept don't fit into this game cause the good guys did not fight each other in the books. You are differant than most pvpers i can understand the annoying little brats that like to ruin the game for others by being a pain in the arse. There will always be those who will act stupid (Little kids do that) it is the same little kids who in a pvp who are the pker's, like to kill other players when they are fighting monsters, or cause other players to be killed for stupid reasons (Greive players).

I understand your reasons for liking pvp that is cool each to there owne. But it don't answer my question of why the hard core pvpers have to run down a game that doesn't have what they want in it and try to convince others that the game won't be worth it. There are so many tolkien fans that are older than me or just a little younger than me ( I am 37) who will play this game cause it is middle earth, our chance we have all dreamed of to be a elf , dwarf, hobbit in the greatest fantasy ever written. I just don't think that a person should say bad things about a game just cause they don't get to do what they want in it. 

imageimage

• CroeCroe Member Posts: 194
    i understand that and i didnt mean to sound negitive if i did at all hell ill be right there with you when it comes out for the simple reason it will be somthing differnt, so im understanding that you cant be an evil race in the game i understand better why there isnt pvp now i didnt mean to say the books were all about war. there will be a good amount of story in it i expect it. but i stand by what i say about stupid ppl. i dont see any reason anyone would form an opion on a game that isnt out yet, i havent gone out and looked at the game but id like to hear about it from someone in the beta (if there isnt one my bad) its kinda like reviewing a movie before its out there isnt a point to it. im sure ppl just followed the bandwagon like they always do on person sees a bad review they read other ones and form one up themselves along the same lines heh
    I guess i can be a little defensive and come across wrong when it comes to LOTR, I have been a fan for so long. Don't worry about it, I wasn't meening to personally attack anyone i just have heard "the books are all about war" before and it kind of sets me off. If you really want to find out about this game goto LOTROsource.com, it is a fansite for this game and has a great community of Tolkien fans who have been following this game since it was first announced. Check it out.

imageimage

• rexbinaryrexbinary Member Posts: 9

Not only is there no PvP, but it's a 'franchise' game. Almost all games based on TV or Movie franchises suck bad. I hope this game is the exception for the fans.

EDIT: I seldom post without an edit.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

I think why this game is getting such bad press is because most people are ignorant of Tolkien lore and dont understand what Turbine is trying to do.

Ranged healing, Magic and other things like this would NOT fit in Tolkiens world.

The only magic users( or magic users in the sense that they can throw fireballs and stuff) are wizards, and they are unplayable.

This isent to say that there wont be any healing or ranged combat, The game has Elven Archers and you dont need to have a priest spamming flash heal to heal things.

Use your imagination. Theres herbs, potions, bandages, and elf magic

Originally posted by darquenblade
    Ah, think of it this way: Do you really want the harcore PvPers playing this game anyway? To me it's best that they're disappointed and stay away from it.

Dude i think most of the poeple bitching about pvp dont actually care about it their just crying about it because everyone else is.

Originally posted by j-monster

Originally posted by darquenblade

Dude i think most of the poeple bitching about pvp dont actually care about it their just crying about it because everyone else is.

Good possibility. In all honesty, I've been pretty sick of PvP games lately. Not neccessarily the PvP in and of itself, but the general immaturity of the community that comes along with it. Example:

<Player1>: DOOD WANNA DUEL???

<Player2>: Nah, not right now thanks.

<Player1> spits on <Player2>.

<Player1>: D1CK!!11!

Yeah, I could do without that =)

Originally posted by Grindalyx

I have read the books over 10 times, I don't recall it being a pvp our all out war. other than fighting against the evil races and it wasn't all the books was about. There is so much lore and myth in the books to fill this game with more content than any other game will ever have. The books are about adventure and finding ones destiny, fighting inner demons and overcoming them. They are also a love story (Arwin and Arogon) races coming together for a common cause. Finding the strength to rise above that wich is thought possible.
     What most pvpers want is the ability to fight anyone, wether they are good or evil. That concept don't fit into this game cause the good guys did not fight each other in the books. You are differant than most pvpers i can understand the annoying little brats that like to ruin the game for others by being a pain in the arse. There will always be those who will act stupid (Little kids do that) it is the same little kids who in a pvp who are the pker's, like to kill other players when they are fighting monsters, or cause other players to be killed for stupid reasons (Greive players).
    I understand your reasons for liking pvp that is cool each to there owne. But it don't answer my question of why the hard core pvpers have to run down a game that doesn't have what they want in it and try to convince others that the game won't be worth it. There are so many tolkien fans that are older than me or just a little younger than me ( I am 37) who will play this game cause it is middle earth, our chance we have all dreamed of to be a elf , dwarf, hobbit in the greatest fantasy ever written. I just don't think that a person should say bad things about a game just cause they don't get to do what they want in it. 

See this guy knows whats up.

PvP does NOT have a place in this game.

Unless they add an evil side it never will.

• DoctorSoupDoctorSoup Member Posts: 106

They did the right thing not putting PVP in if the only races are Elves Men Dwarves and Hobbits, non of which are evil and I don't think Tolkein would like Elves fighting amongst themselves, if you read the books you know they didn't fight with eachother.  Granted Men did fight amongst each other because of the Haradrim but when they say Men I think they mean Gondor and Rohan.  Hobbits are a peace loving people so they don't like fighting in the first place and Dwarves are very close to their kin even if they don't like Elves I don't think that they would kill one for being an Elf.

Thanks

• DoctorSoupDoctorSoup Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by j-monster

Originally posted by Grindalyx

See this guy knows whats up.

PvP does NOT have a place in this game.

Unless they add an evil side it never will.

I agree with you, until there are Orcs, Uruk hai, Trolls, Goblins, or the evil men PVP has no place.

Thanks

• keltic1701keltic1701 Member Posts: 1,162
    I remember reading somewhere that there might be an expansion for the land of Mordor where PvP may be incorporated in. anyone else recall seeing this too? 
  • KingElessarKingElessar Member Posts: 18

Why is it that pvp is needed or else the game is screwed? What is so cool about killing other players?

The Devs are trying to capture the 'spirit' of the Books. And in doing so MUST make evil creatures npc and pc. Why? Because the Books are about the Free peoples of Middle-earth fighting for peace and freedom from Sauron and him allies. Also evil creatures in Middle-earth are nothing more then unintelligent, mindless monsters who are but slaves and pawns of Sauron, doing his will without question. How would you acturatly make them pc? You can't.

I have said before and I will say it again, without evil races pvp would be as appropriate as carrying a P228 9mm in my pocket.

Gollem: 'Whats in his pocketses?'

Me: 'A bunch of pieces of metal that propel a tiny piece of lead that would kill you in one shot image'

If you have read the books, try and imagin pvp. Hobbits killing Dwarves, Elves killing Men... etc. This WOULD give Tolkien nightmares even in his grave.

If you think pvp is a must in this game, explain your view on how it would be done. Just saying 'this game sucks, cause there ain't any pvp' is not a legitimate answer (obviously). I have yet to see a good answer to this question.

Remember Turbine is making it and the way they are making it doesn't allow for pvp. Period.

It is good to see that there are others who see what I see about this game. I too have been waiting for the asnwer to why people think this game sucks just cause they know they can't gank other players. It is rather frustating. Notice though that none of them are willing to come out and explain or try to justify what they say about no pvp.

imageimage

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

if i cant gank noob hobbits how am i gonna ruin other peoples play time?
    boohooo!

• Lord-ArtecLord-Artec Member Posts: 9

Games need pvp now adays.. Look at what how bad the messed up UO? imageimageimage Stupid Trammel!

PK INC For Life!

Originally posted by Lord-Artec

Games need pvp now adays.. Look at what how bad the messed up UO? imageimageimage Stupid Trammel!

I dont see why.