Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the worst pc game you have played?

Comments

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Originally posted by justandulas

Originally posted by svbrucey23

Rift, enough said.

Damn is rift really that bad bro? I haven't been keeping up with how the beta is going but kinda had it on the 'will check out when it's done' list for the year. I didn't have amazing hopes for it but hate to hear it could be as bad as some of these other titles :(

Uh, no.

It's no where close to any of these games mentioned.

It certainly seems to be one of those games that people either love or hate.

It's nothing ground breaking, but what they do, they do well and they have a few twists in there that keep it somewhat fresh and different.

Many people are talking it down because it's not the game they want it to be but it's a decent game.  My advice though would be to check it out for yourself.  I'm sure there will be an open beta before it goes gold.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Two Worlds

It might have been fun if I played it eight years ago being that the pretty world was the only thing it has over eight year old games.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• dimmit77dimmit77 Member Posts: 294

Master of Orion 3 is hands down the biggest disapointment ever. A trully horendus sequel to 2 of the best strategy games. The worst game I have ever played though was in the early 90's. It was one of the first 3d games, it was supposed to be an rpg game where you switched to different characters in a virtual kingdom.I remember running around, with no ui, no mobs anywhere, just and empty 3d world :p. I dont remember the name, but in the early 90's it was considered the worst game ever. 

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519

Final Fantasy XIV takes first place as the number one worst game in PC history.  Followed closely behind, of course, is Fail Warfare 2, and...well frankly, every CoD game ever made but Call of Duty & United Offensive, for PC.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Archlord was a pretty bad game. It's probably the only game I'd take Final Fantasy 14 over, at least that comes to mind. Granado Espada was pretty bad too, which is a shame, because it was beautiful and the soundtrack is one of my favorite game OSTs of all time. But the game itself...there's just no excuse for that.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RomeuFCRRomeuFCR Member Posts: 58

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust ... as a big fan of the series since the very first one this one was simply horrible, it's without a doubt the worst and most disapointing game I've ever played.

Playing:

RIFT, EU Blightweald Server

Waiting to see:

ToR, TERA, GW2

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Most of these games are either dissapoinments or downright mediorce...

There is worse, downright crap like Big Rigs or what it was and one game I'm truly sad I ever paid money for is called Alien Anarchy...

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Magic the gathering: battlemage or something like that, but that was more than a decade ago. The only recent one was MO.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Let me make a short list.  If I had to make a long one, it would take days. ( In no particular order )

1) Final Fantasy XIV - SE has proven even more with the release of this game.  That all their real talents has long since left the company. They are dead in my eyes.

2) The Witcher  - I picked up the enhanced version of this off of Steam.  Because I kept hearing how great a game it was.  I found the combat in this game to be utterly horrible. If I had paid full price for it, I'd probably have been upset.

3) Darkfall Online - Too many reasons to list.

4) Dead Rising 2 - Video's actually made the game seem like fun.  After about hour of playing I stopped, and haven't touched it again, 49.99 wasted.

5) DC Universe Online - Shallow. Lacking in Depth. Repetitive.

6) Star Trek Online - *hits Cryptic with rolled up newpaper* Bad Cryptic. Bad.

7) Champions Online - Sounded good on paper. Reality proved to be a different story.

8) Warhammer Online - After playing DAOC, it's a wonder how they came to the conclusion that War would be successful. I guess I should have seen direction WAR was heading after the headache that was DAOC:TOA.  Live and learn I guess.

9) Team Fortress 2 - Graphics instantly turned me off.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• fooflingerfooflinger Member Posts: 121

Worst PC Game I ever played? 

Two worlds was pretty bad. Over hyped with atrocious voice acting, incredibly clunky controls and gameplay, etc

The worst PC game I've ever played however, and wasted my money on for that matter, is Guild Wars. It's not an mmo, and it's not fun. Yeah, going out into an instanced world with a party of npcs and doing the typical kill x number of y quests is sureeee fun. But wait, you can do it with you're friends! Oh joy! Seriously, the only time you see other players during this game is in the small uninteresting towns.Not like there's a point to grinding though, you can just create a character at the max level right off the bat. What the hell? Someone please explain to me why everyone hails this game? I could have more fun downloading a f2p Asian mmo where you do nothing but grind. 

I seriously hate that game. Such a waste of money.

Waiting for: Archeage, Darkfall 2.0, and Planetside 2.

R.I.P Shadowbane; The best MMORPG I've ever played...

Check out my amateur gaming blog at: Thegamingbible.com

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devastation_(video_game)

This game "DEVASTATED" my mind. It was built using Unreal Engine 2, but most graphics were Unreal 1 Engine Style-Graphics with Rip-offs in textures and other from several other unreal titles.

P.S: I know this is about PC games, but the worse console game I've played of all time was 'Sword of Vermillion" and it was the only game cartridge I dipped in a toilet, and returned to the rental store and said "it doesn't work right" to have an exchange with no arguments...it was THAT bad...that the game literally gave me nightmares for a while and my friends used that game as a way of "GETTING ME SUPER ANGRY" to perform in "other games." Yes...The sheer mention of that game is like nails upon a chalkboard beyong a fibreglass scruffle on a bad hair day in mars within that poison mist....which I prefer it over the sheer thought or mention, just like I wouldn't mind dumping myself in a vat of cold water.....

Ok...totally out of my system now!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I actually liked the PC-games based on the first three movies/books, the exploration part was awesome. Then came the Order of the Phoenix, complete, boring fail. Boring, boring grind.

2. World of Warcraft. Even though I may not have spent as much hours as other people on this game, it's still too much.

• Gardavil2Gardavil2 Member Posts: 394

Originally posted by Roin

This is my number one WORST PC game *or* MMO I have ever purchased and played.

disclaimer: I feel my opinion on this definitely is in part due to the IP... with an IP like Star Trek it could have been created to be brilliantly awesome. It wasn't. So yes STO failed to meet my expectations.

Make out of that what you will but I will *NOT* lower my expectations for what a MMO should be if it uses the Star Trek IP.

I am the Player that wonders... "What the %#*& just happened?!"
    "I Believe... There should be NO financial connection or portals between the Real World and the Virtual in MMOs. "
    __Ever Present Cockroach of the MMO Verses__
    ...scurrying to and fro... .munching on bits of garbage... always under foot...

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

FFXIV

• EcabanaEcabana Member Posts: 95

PC:

Police Quest : SWAT

Catfight

My worst game of all time is still E.T. on Atari 2600 and there's no way no game can beat that crapastic game.

EDIT: Thinking about it the Zelda/Link series on the CD-i were pretty aweful too.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by Gardavil2

Originally posted by Roin

This is my number one WORST PC game *or* MMO I have ever purchased and played.

disclaimer: I feel my opinion on this definitely is in part due to the IP... with an IP like Star Trek it could have been created to be brilliantly awesome. It wasn't. So yes STO failed to meet my expectations.

Make out of that what you will but I will *NOT* lower my expectations for what a MMO should be if it uses the Star Trek IP.

baddest MMO (imho)

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Ecabana

PC:

Police Quest : SWAT

Catfight

My worst game of all time is still E.T. on Atari 2600 and there's no way no game can beat that crapastic game.

EDIT: Thinking about it the Zelda/Link series on the CD-i were pretty aweful too.

Now we all talking ;D Atleast on Catfight... Consider yourself lucky if you haven't ecountered something pure junk like that game...

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Descent to Undermountain

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

its hard to name "the worst PC game" since there are quite literally millions of them.   if you mean MMO, well that narrows it down quite a bit.

Even then, do you include those nasty f2p korean import games like Rappelz?  Because they can get REALLY nasty, so nasty that you look around after first logging in, then log off and delete instantly.  So I cant really say that I played them.

The worst 'recent' full price MMO that ive tried has to be either Champions online or Startrek Online.   But I did avoid games such as FFXIV, darkfall, Mortal.

If I really wanted to search my memory I could discover even worse games like autoassault, RF Online, Ragnarok....

I mean, how low do you want to go?  Rise of the robots ?

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Star Trek Online

It makes me cry there making neverwinter nights

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

AC2

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

For me its a tie between Anarchy Online, Dark and Ligth and FF14... if i have to pick one of these i think FF14 is the most horrid game i have ever played, even worse than D&L.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Worst MMO i've played is FFXIV.. easily. Thats not just because its fresh in my mind, I went through the whole game list deciding and nothing else came close.

Actual worst game i've ever played will be something from back in the DOS days that I can't remember.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TrollaramaTrollarama Member Posts: 96

Originally posted by Krematory

Originally posted by MimiEZ

Worst MMO experiences:

1. Guild War: Just bored me to death, 100% uninspiring.

It's called Guild Wars, and it's actually one of the best games out there. The pvp is just outstanding.

Worst game I've ever played? Actua Soccer lol

He has blasphemed, my son.

Speaking of worst PC game = Spells Of Gold

• EcabanaEcabana Member Posts: 95

Even tho I agree that STO and Champions are not the best MMOs putting them as worst PC games is ridiculous. They are far worst PC games out there that was release let alone MMOs. Yes, they have their share of bad but no way are they are the worst.