Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recently Returned

For anyone that has thought about returning to SWG I can tell you that it is a lot better than it was.  It took me a bit to get used to the NGE again but since being so far removed I find that it is flowing for me really well. 

There is now a lot of higher end content that is really fun.  It is not a 1 man show anymore and the heroic instances are actually fun.  Similar to the WoW model there are specific things that have to be done to defeat bosses.  Gone are the days mostly of the simple slash until it is dead.  So far, it is money well spent.

The collection system is interesting as well.  There are a lot of really good items that are taking quite a bit of time to gather for.  In some ways it is another version of a grind but the difference is that unlike WoW you can drop out and do you own thing and still get decent gear.  The problem was that with the constant releases in WoW you are always behind then if you are casual you never get to the new content untess you commit hours of your life each day.  I no longer feel the urge to HAVE to login in order to tank or heal or DPS or fear of getting kicked if im not pulling my weight.  For casual players that want a free night , it is so much more relaxing.

I played SWG in beta, thru the holo grind, thru the village and into the NGE a bit.  Now that I am back, i feel that with the crafing and playing it is more geared to my casual style.  I can honestly say that the interface is more combersome at first compared to pre-nge but i just learn to hit ALT a lot to swtich from the "combat" to the "select" cursor type.

Anyways, if anyone is interested, hit up Starsider.  The game is still challenging and they are still releasing content.  The new Nightsister theme park is hard to the point where simple quests sometimes need full groups.

Later,

Taywen O'Shay

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Welcome back, JutMan.  Glad to hear you are enjoying SWG again.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I would come back but its been so long I forgot my account so lost my elder. :/

And I really dont feel like paying for all the expansions again.

Hope youre enjoying it tho!

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Glad to hear your enjoying it it still does have that certain something.

Nightsister themepark came just too late for me sadly for 7 years I had wanted NS clothing added to game then within a month or 2 of me finally cleansing myself and giving 7 years worth of 14 accounts gear away they introduce it DAMN YOU SOE :)

Really can't be bothered grinding out chars again just to check it out I deleted my toons bar one but she is just a pilot with my uber ships.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Yeah this is where the SWG pre-nge vets and their complaints don't compute. Sure the game isn't what it was originally.. but it's still so much more than most of the mmos we get these days that it could be considered closer to oldschool than not.

Originally posted by psyknx

Do you remember the email address that you signed up with?  If so, just go here and enter it and they will mail you your account name.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Originally posted by psyknx

Do you remember the email address that you signed up with?  If so, just go here and enter it and they will mail you your account name.

Also - Just to add, you can contact support and they will help you get your account back. I for the life of me could not remember why in the world my SWG game was not on the account I was logging into station with... turns out I had my Elder account on a different account ID. A TSR helped me out and in a couple of days I had my account back and going and they even gave me 3 days...

Not saying that because it was a huge deal but it was dice of them none the less IMHO.

• stinneystinney Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by JutMan

For anyone that has thought about returning to SWG I can tell you that it is a lot better than it was.  It took me a bit to get used to the NGE again but since being so far removed I find that it is flowing for me really well. 

There is now a lot of higher end content that is really fun.  It is not a 1 man show anymore and the heroic instances are actually fun.  Similar to the WoW model...

I immediately lost interest at that point.

Originally posted by stinney

There is now a lot of higher end content that is really fun.  It is not a 1 man show anymore and the heroic instances are actually fun.  Similar to the WoW model...

If you are utterly awesome you can 1 man some of the instances, but it's faster with a group.  People tend to do instances with minimum numbers for the challenge I think though.

• JutManJutMan Member Posts: 21

OK, some time has passed and got my Jedi most of the collection items to get my Jedi Master robes.  It was a bit of work, but if it was easy it would be WoW.  Still lots of content to go thru.  Since i never did them the upgraded Nims and Jabba's palace are next on my list!  

Oh yeah, i got my YT house and made the new YT 2400 POB ship!  I am loving it!  Taking on teir 9 fighters is fun with a group!  Guilds are also sponsoring a few PvP space events which makes it fun.  Working towards my gunboat, 6 guns and massive shields.  I am interested to see what it can do fully manned.

Back to crafting as Architect / Shipwright again.  Architect now seems to have reduced materials requirements which makes grinding easier.  Made a full set of nearly capped POB ship parts for my new YT.  System is still solid and fun especially the new bio-engineering of pets.

The reverse engineering to make SEA's and the clothing / armor is easy to get started.  Wife got it going with some guild help.  Made life a lot easier.  The enhancements work well and really clean to configure and setup your characters.  Since AFK grinding is allowed now, there are a few spots you can get items that sell for plenty of credits.

One thing that i did find is that the economy is active.  I honestly expected to see 3 -4 people in mos eisley all of the time.  THat is not the case, there is a large active community of people.

For now, with all of the constant updates to WoW and having to constantly get new items to keep my gear score up, i am glad i went back.  I no longer feel obligated to login every night.  I have my life back i think.

• JutManJutMan Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Originally posted by stinney

If you are utterly awesome you can 1 man some of the instances, but it's faster with a group.  People tend to do instances with minimum numbers for the challenge I think though.

So far, with the new heroic intstances I am not aware of anyone that can solo them.  Especially ones like Tusken King where you HAVE to have multiple people to cover all of the spawns.  

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

It's amusing to me that you come back to your original thread months later for a status update.  I'm glad you found a game that fits you... I think ;p

Now if I could find a game that fits me...

So far, with the new heroic intstances I am not aware of anyone that can solo them.  Especially ones like Tusken King where you HAVE to have multiple people to cover all of the spawns.  

guide: solo tk