Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's new MMOFPS: Titan.

2»

Comments

• KTBenwickKTBenwick Member Posts: 1

I think some people are getting the roles of each company confused; as Bungie is a development studio but does not publish it's own games.  Bungie is to Activision Blizzard, is what Treyarch and once Infinity Ward are to Electronic Arts.

A) Bungie no longer holds the rights to Halo - as it belongs to Microsoft as a flagship title for their company.  Thus, unless Blizzard and Microsoft strike a deal, it won't be a Halo MMO (created by Blizzard), who knows if Microsoft and another developer are working on a Halo MMO - or not.

B) Blizzard representatives have made several comments and announcements including Blizzcon, that it is a new IP.  They didn't specifiy if it were "new to them" or "fresh", however just because the claims are new, doesn't necessarily mean it's something we've never heard of before.  Funcom's new IP was 'Age of Conan' (before their new titles), so who knows, this new Blizzard MMO may be something we're all very familiar with.  I'm sure the word 'Titan' is  a clever play on words for many things it could be, but for now everything is speculation.

On a side note; sadly, I don't seemed as hyped for Blizzards new MMO as I used to be, I felt Wrath of the Lich King didn't compare to Burning Crusade, I hope Cataclysm is different however releasing so much new content several weeks before the "Official" Launch date seemed to have killed the hype mood for me.

My two copper!

Benwick  / Rammon / Rox

Kul Tiras - US

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well the word titan itself has serveral references...

1. Mythology - Which would mean a mmofps would not be possible. Also devs Ensemble Studios which made games such as Age Of Mythology which was a rts game. Blizzard as we knows has experience with rts games.

2. Titans in WoW lore. http://www.wowwiki.com/Titan

3 Titan A.E movie - sci-fi alien movie

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

could be starcraft MMOFPS and they want bungie to help with it. Halo is one the top FPS of all why not bring them to help with FPS type mmo.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Titan is only a code name for the project they are working on and it's supposed leak info. Hard to say what "Titan" is and no real info to really speculate about it till Blizzard announces something.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Ive been a long time member of MMOChamp and even though i don't play WoW anymore i like to check on whats going on in the game. One thing i know about the site is never to doubt the "rumors" posted by the guy who runs it.

I remember during TBC when he predicted Wrath would be the next ex-pack, the site members bashed him saying there was no way that was true as Arthas would be a level 100 boss and the next ex-pack would be the Emerald Dream. 

I remember when he posted about Cataclysm being next in line before any official news came out, and most of the site's users, being who they are, went to town on him again because they all thought it would be the Emerald Dream. Seriously why are these guys so obsessed the Emerald Dream, ill never know.

He also posted about Worgens and Goblins months before they were officially announced saying he would "run naked through the streets of Paris (hes French fyi) if he was wrong" and people still thought he was joking since they expected a new hero class like the Demonhunter, Archmage or Runemaster. The fact that Worgens would be a playable race was laughable to most, including me.

Guess we all know where things stand now.

Yea the chart was taken from another MMO site but Boubuille would only put it on the front page of MMOChamp if he thought it had some sort of truth to it. And its a well known fact that he knows someone very high up in Blizzard, as theres no way in hell he would have got all those predictions right. Ive lost count of the number of times his site has gotten away from posting data-mined content long before it was released.   

Only game on that chart i am looking forward to is Diablo 3 and i hope to god it comes out at the end of next year. But knowing Blizzard none, if any of those games(or the movie) will come out on time. But it's good to see what their working on. 

• qwabeqwabe Member Posts: 2

Hydra was a codename for Diablo 3.  The new mmo is Titan.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/_images/artwork/ss38-hires.jpg

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Galaxies of Starcraft, mark it down. With the new ending to SC2's leaked footage Heart of the Swarm , you can get a sense for where it is going. A new story within the Starcraft Universe is coming.

Link: http://kotaku.com/5709838/ending-leaked-for-starcraft-iis-next-chapter

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

guess i am the only one not trying to guess but just waits untill they anounce something :)

lol

• DecimalDecimal Member Posts: 10

You should check this out, it checks whether blizzard's mmo "Titan" is related to ensemble or bungie.

Can't wait for Blizzard's Titan MMO!

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Galaxies of Starcraft, mark it down. With the new ending to SC2's leaked footage Heart of the Swarm , you can get a sense for where it is going. A new story within the Starcraft Universe is coming.

I hope so, I bet all these "it's a new IP" is just a way for Blizzard to nitpick on what a "new IP" really is to throw off speculators. Just wait and see, Galaxies of Starcraft and Mass Effect Online, man we got some epic shit coming our way.

I really doubt that... Blizzard officials were already talking about making a new IP (franchise) for several years now, plus it's been said clearly that Blizzard's new MMO will be brand new IP by Zarhym (WoW US CM).

I just don't get what more people want to see that it's a completely new IP, sigh.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Neloth

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I hope so, I bet all these "it's a new IP" is just a way for Blizzard to nitpick on what a "new IP" really is to throw off speculators. Just wait and see, Galaxies of Starcraft and Mass Effect Online, man we got some epic shit coming our way.

If this 'new IP' turns out to be 'old IP' then expect to see some heavy questioning from various people that can make it painful for the higher ups in Blizz.

You can't really falsify public statements like that (esp since it is a listed company with shareholders) and expect to get away with it. At the very least I expect some 'management re-org' at the top (we are talking chief XYZ here)  if it is 'world of starcraft'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz
    If this 'new IP' turns out to be 'old IP' then expect to see some heavy questioning from various people that can make it painful for the higher ups in Blizz.
    You can't really falsify public statements like that (esp since it is a listed company with shareholders) and expect to get away with it. At the very least I expect some 'management re-org' at the top (we are talking chief XYZ here)  if it is 'world of starcraft'.

Good point. No way a respected company like Activision/Blizzard would do something like that.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Titan is a codename, Companies use nick names to prevent leaks. Sure, it doesn't do very well, but what does?

OP has some good points, but flawed. Ensemble is not a part of Bungie. They are part of Microsoft. To bring everyone up to speed, Bungie got tired of Microsoft milking their child. After 3, they left. It was a joint-custody divorce. Micro' got chief, and Bungie got well, not chief. Bungie renounced Halo altogether. While it's not impossible, it's just unlikely, and then not unlikely. Explain? Sure!

Bungie wants to move onto different things. Activision, as seen from blizz's pet-store and COD's line of map pack inducing trances, loves money. Immovable object, meets unstoppable force. It's not impossible that activision could beg Bungie to bring them a new halo-hit. At the end of it all though, Publisher wins. It's like arguing with your landlord, will probably get you put out on the street.

I personally loved planetside, and can't wait for 2. I would be so dead-set on playing a MMOFPS. Blizz could never make a halo MMO. It would be so epic, this would happen:

• World peace would occur.

• Hunger would get itself punched in the face.

• Facebook would monopolize. 

• Gaming systems will become obsolete, and onLive will run titan.

• Bill Gates will have an awkward baby with Steve Jobs, named iVan. 

• Oprah will come out of the closet.

• Kids will reach puberty at birth. 

• Chuck Norris will work at a fast-food joint.

• BP will set themselves on fire with their own oil.

• Alaska will rename itself to Azeroth.

• Hawaii will merge with the Caribbean Islands.

• The Simpsons will end their long reign and South Park will take over late-night TV.

• Cow's will eat us.

• World of Warcraft would be down to one server.

• China will stop gold farming, because they realize they suck at FPS's.

• Hackers will bake girl scout cookies.

• George Lucas will make Star Wars VII.

• and after all that. Diablo 3 will finally be released.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• Daniel2324Daniel2324 Member Posts: 10

asn't aware that Blizzard had any intensions of creating a new mmorpg with WoW being so successful