Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Thread. This game is AMAZING

Comments

• SudowoodooSudowoodoo Member Posts: 45

Looks like a pve version of tribes. I'll pass I hate how they force pve on to everything now.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Looks like a mix of Global Agenda and Borderlands.

I for one am really excited for this and must say my jaw dropped at the end when he said it was free...

Really looking forward to it :)

• DextroverseDextroverse Member Posts: 16

Yes, this game does indeed look amazing.  Glad I signed up for beta a while back.

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

Originally posted by Pengy20

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Why do people ALWAYS connect a game that is NOTHING like it to Tabula Rasa?

Nobody compared it to Tabula Rasa. It was stated about a Tabula Rasa Feel(3rd person  free-roam shooter Sci-fi RPG, that not all Sci-fi shooters have) that alot of people would enjoy to see again(. Anything can have the  feel of another game, but comparing them side by side is a different arguement.  The mechanics were never discussed

If you want to be pedantic you could never compare any game to another. Comparisons are made to help people judge what to expect.

When I was watching the dev commentary I was thinking: (in order as the video progressed)

• Team Fortress (due to art of characters)

• Global Agenda (due to switch to FPS)

• Tabula Rasa (they actually attempt to explain spawns as opposed to let them just 'appear')

• Warcraft (dropship = griffin but from anywhere)

• Warcraft (had orgrimmar feel with tech)

• Tabula Rasa (dynamic battlefield, defend towns)

Considering none of those had anything to do with mechanics and it compares to lots of games people who have played those might get an idea. There are probably other games you could think of as you watched it. It is a developers job to see what works in other games and use it to its best ability. They are not copying another game, but trying to improve on what is out there. Hopefully this game can take such good things out of other games and give them a new feel and purpose... which it appears to be doing alright so far.

• sokumsokum Member Posts: 7

looks like a combination = borderland and Champions online...

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

This looks great for people who enjoy playing FPS-shooters with friends.

I'm totally trying it out when it's going live, totally.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by demonic87

This game is NOT amazing! You never TRIED it!

HAHA

Let me guess, it's yet another "OMG THIS IS A WOW KILLER!!!"

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

Looks like a pve version of tribes. I'll pass I hate how they force pve on to everything now.

Many would argue that if a game doesn't have PVE (preferably good, and perhaps optional) its not really a MMORPG.

(and they'd be accurate IMO)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

no wonder you are always so disappointed by every new game when you keep judging after the first you tube vids ...

"This game is exactly what I have been waiting for."

think at least for 2 seconds before posting such shit ^^

• noobletonoobleto Member Posts: 33

Never seen this game before just now, I have to say, it looks pretty cool. I'll keep an eye on this one for sure.

Playing:
    Lotro
    Have Played:
    EQII,DAOC,SWG,COH,EQ,DDO, Lotro,AoC, EvE,Guild Wars,
    Silkroad Online,Aion,and WoW
    Favorite of all time: WoW
    Waiting on:Swtor,Gw2, and Tera

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

This game looks great but...

I absolutely hate the primary character perspective (looking over right shoulder with toon to the left side of screen).

Visually it sits very uncomfortable with me. The character looks as though he should be running diagonally across the screen but is instead running foward. Some crosshairs in the middle of the screen would help so you at least have a frame of reference, e.g. "I know my character is facing to the right but I can see by the position of the crosshairs he's actually going to run forward".

Same thing put me right off Fallen Earth before I even got anywhere in that game at all.

Aryas

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• LegionPothLegionPoth Member UncommonPosts: 14

This game looks a lot like the Starcraft version of Hellgate London, a game I thought would also be good, but ended up running around in my underpants shooting zombies. 

I expect that I'll definitely be giving this game a chance but hell I'll play anything at least once.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Originally posted by Explorium

Originally posted by fatenabu1

just another shooter

its either "just another shooter"

Or WoW clone

Or EQ clone

Or UO clone

or EVE clone

or planetside clone...

and so on and so on. Get my point? 

Anyway, this game actually looks like a lot of fun

Or its an conspiracy by you wow fans or payed negative trolls who go to every forum thats new game and keep saying its crap so wow stays on top hehe.

Why can't you guys just be happy for those who like it and dont wanne play your precious wow lol.

Btw if your still in denial get this...., WoW is a CLONE from almost all previous mmo's and rpg's, almost nothing in that game is original:P

This game seems fun and worth trying.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Member UncommonPosts: 439

This is the first I've heard of this game maybe because it's not a MMO? But I have to say that video looks like tons of fun! I'll wait and see how the development progresses but I do know if they're looking to get a monthly fee, it better be more than a shooter with a dynamic battle field.

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

Many would argue that if a game doesn't have PVE (preferably good, and perhaps optional) its not really a MMORPG.

(and they'd be accurate IMO)

And yet, League of Legends graces this fair site.

Not a shred of PvE, unless you count Baron Nashor :p

MUNDO!!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Pengy20

Looks like it could be fun. Kinda has the art style of Borderlands. Looks like it could be fun for people who miss games likes Tabula Rasa ^.^

You said it! image

Tabula Rasa Reboot!

• EmoqqboyEmoqqboy Member UncommonPosts: 194

i see great  potential here

!!!! something i havent said for a longggggg whileeeee

<QQ moar plz. kkthxbai.>

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

is this gonna be a console game to?

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by odinsrath

is this gonna be a console game to?

Nope.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

ahh ..but still looks sick.cant wait

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by odinsrath

ahh ..but still looks sick.cant wait

They are going to have a demo at PAX east.

• GaddarovGaddarov Member UncommonPosts: 3

the gameplay and that "backpacks" reminds me lost planet =S

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Looks fun and different. I'll give it a try. It's F2P so why not?

• FatherAnolevFatherAnolev Member UncommonPosts: 265

Woah... FireFall... where have you been all of my life?

I'm definitely intrigued.  I'd prefer open world PvP (in select zones, ala DAoC) and more MMO elements from what I've seen in the videos, but it still looks like a blast!

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I've been highly anticipating this game

It does look amazing.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter