Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2X: uninstall?

Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I finally see why everybody hates Sony so much while just trying to get support from them. Freakin ridiculous.

I cant find the folder this game saved to, it installed into the default folder but i dont know what/where it is. I cant uninstall it from control panel because it wants to remove windows system 32 or whatever.

The shortcut properties say its in "C:ProgramDataSony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesEverQuest II Extended" but i dont have a freakin program data folder.

Any help please?

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Comments

• VxarVxar Member Posts: 58

To see the ProgramData folder, navigate to your C: drive directory and go to Tools->Options.  Click on the view tab then under the "Hidden files and folders" section (should be about 8 down from the top) check the radio button to show hidden folders.

Though, you should be able to just uninstall it via Add/Remove programs.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Thanks very much.

And yeah youd think the normal way of uninstalling it would be ok but it wasnt. ;p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by Vxar

To see the ProgramData folder, navigate to your C: drive directory and go to Tools->Options.  Click on the view tab then under the "Hidden files and folders" section (should be about 8 down from the top) check the radio button to show hidden folders.

Just checked and if I use the add/remove program option on EQIIX in Win 7 teh dialogue box says "are you sure you want to remove C:windows/ system32"

I miss DAoC

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Jackdog

Just checked and if I use the add/remove program option on EQIIX in Win 7 teh dialogue box says "are you sure you want to remove C:windows/ system32"

Thats weird, didn't another game have this problem with windows 7 as well? I could be wrong here, as i'm not sure.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

oops sorry

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by Jackdog

Thats weird, didn't another game have this problem with windows 7 as well? I could be wrong here, as i'm not sure.

don't know, I did not test it though. Im not really playing it atm but I may so as long as hard drive space is not a issue

I miss DAoC