Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New informations about the game

DahakaDahaka Member Posts: 11

Check out the new preview of Firefall on Pc Gamer :

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/12/firefall-preview/

enjoy :)

Beta tested : Anarchy online , Lineage 2 , The saga of Ryzom , SWG ....
playing : Anarchy online , WOW

Comments

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

oh yea, here comes the train.

• cc170cc170 Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by SandaStunna

oh yea, here comes the train.

Your comment forced me to go listen to Hendrix... 

Playing:WoW, GA
    Played:WoW,WAR,AoC,EQ,CoH,GW,EVE,Aion
    Want to play:SW:TOR

• eveisbettereveisbetter Member Posts: 71

Let me start by saying I'm very excited over this refreshing game. I will buy it regardless of hype or forum junk, simply because I want to help support the devs that are choosing to do something DIFFERENT.

However, I may have missed it in this article, but have they mentioned how they are going about eliminating connection LAG?

I mean, the main problem with the concept of MMOFPS is that whoever has the lowest ping in FPS has the highest advantage and that is in no way controlled by the players, so it's unfair to have character progression that can be hindered because you can't afford the highspeed connection that some have, or because of where you live.

Personally, this won't effect me as I've got plenty of bandwidth, but I do know that any MMO expecting to last has to have at least 100k players or so to justify a real "online massive multiplayer" experience.   If it is successful enough to pull in hundreds of thousands (if not 1mill+) players, there's no denying that some will have lag issues.    Does this mean no headshots for them EVER?

How many people are allowed per 'world'"?  "map"?  "Zone"?   how does this work with Firefall?

the only thing that will keep me from buying this game is if I find out they are going the route of instanced content and 'battlegrounds" or "arenas" to make it feel like a crappy sports tournament with lazers and explosions.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by eveisbetter

Let me start by saying I'm very excited over this refreshing game. I will buy it regardless of hype or forum junk, simply because I want to help support the devs that are choosing to do something DIFFERENT.

However, I may have missed it in this article, but have they mentioned how they are going about eliminating connection LAG?

I mean, the main problem with the concept of MMOFPS is that whoever has the lowest ping in FPS has the highest advantage and that is in no way controlled by the players, so it's unfair to have character progression that can be hindered because you can't afford the highspeed connection that some have, or because of where you live.

Personally, this won't effect me as I've got plenty of bandwidth, but I do know that any MMO expecting to last has to have at least 100k players or so to justify a real "online massive multiplayer" experience.   If it is successful enough to pull in hundreds of thousands (if not 1mill+) players, there's no denying that some will have lag issues.    Does this mean no headshots for them EVER?

How many people are allowed per 'world'"?  "map"?  "Zone"?   how does this work with Firefall?

the only thing that will keep me from buying this game is if I find out they are going the route of instanced content and 'battlegrounds" or "arenas" to make it feel like a crappy sports tournament with lazers and explosions.

This game is actually F2P so you won't be buying. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_622601&v=dZvGdLsUO8M&feature=iv This should answer some of your questions.

edit: put the video with dev commentary up.