Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame Monthly Fee?

MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134
Allods sounds interessting to me but I never tried it because I only read the worst things about gpotato and their cash shop handling. All the positive posts here made me wonder if I worry too much, so...

How much do you need to pay a month to have fun with allods under the following settings:
  • end game
  • mostly pvp
  • i won't do daily quests for cash shop items
  • 1-2h a day playtime during weekdays 2-4h during weekend.

Also I'd love to find out if there's actually enough end game pvp and if it's half way balanced.

Thanks!

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
/where God
ERROR: Target could not be found
/target Believer
/skill science
You missed your target since Believer ignores science
/skill logic
You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

Comments

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

You won't be paying much per month, the biggest cost will be the one time cost of runes, runes and more and better runes. Depends on how good you want to be really. If you don't mind being owned by just about everyone, 5 bucks a month will probably work for you.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

If you have to pay $5 a month, just to get owned in PvP, how much to you have to pay to actually win? Why even pay that $5 if you're going to get owned?

And...

Does anyone else feel like the staff from gPotato or the Russian developers for Allods went out to all the forums of the world and left poorly worded posts recommending that people play Allods?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134
    Thanks for the feedback. After reading about the runes I did a bit of research on the net and realized that Allods ain't a game for me. A single level 10 rune already costs $1,998.78 according to keens and graevs blog. I wouldn't have minded paying $30-40 a month for items but $2000? No way in hell.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Originally posted by lizardbones

*snip*

Does anyone else feel like the staff from gPotato or the Russian developers for Allods went out to all the forums of the world and left poorly worded posts recommending that people play Allods?

Yeah, I had that feeling too. Especially since one of those people wanted to know the name of my toon and the server I was on. Now I may not be psychic, but I know a GM in disguise when I see one.

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...