Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Date of next profession reveal revealed

2»

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Illyana....it's great that you spoil...iam reading that book.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

I'm hoping that the mesmer class returns.  That was a nifty class in Guild Wars 1, without anything analogous in any other game that I'm aware of.  It would be a shame if it stays that way with nothing analogous in Guild Wars 2.

Assassins, on the other hand, aren't so different from classes common to a lot of games.  And not terribly interesting in a lot of games, either.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by illyana

it's been revealed in Edge of Destiny that Queen Jenna of Kryta is a powerful mesmer

i bet that the next prof to be revealed is the MESMER

I haven't read it yet. I would hate you SO MUCH RIGHT NOW if that didn't excite me too much to really care. I really didn't think Mesmer would make it but GOD I want them there so much. It's still not 100% until they're actually revealed (she could just as well be a throwback to times past) but that bit of news has lifted my spirits so much. I can't decide whether I wanna troll you or hug you.

Viva la Mesmer!

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

sorry i didnt mean to spoil, but its all over guru and i just wanna share it here
    to hopefully remove doubts of the Mez returning
    im ordering EoD after Christmas ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Originally posted by Quizzical

ArenaNet celebrates Christmas in January?  If they're Orthodox, that would make sense, in which case, we're looking at January 7.

Orthodox christians celebrate Xmas on the 25th as well :p

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Originally posted by illyana

it's been revealed in Edge of Destiny that Queen Jenna of Kryta is a powerful mesmer

i bet that the next prof to be revealed is the MESMER

I haven't read it yet. I would hate you SO MUCH RIGHT NOW if that didn't excite me too much to really care. I really didn't think Mesmer would make it but GOD I want them there so much. It's still not 100% until they're actually revealed (she could just as well be a throwback to times past) but that bit of news has lifted my spirits so much. I can't decide whether I wanna troll you or hug you.

Viva la Mesmer!

It wouldn't suprise me, since Mesmer magic was also named in the other novel. There is also some very Mesmerish artwork and the Norn woman standing besides the Norn Warrior on the profession page could well be a Mesmer.

See http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/mesmer-t7765.html for everything we know that could be related to Mesmers.

• natetheheronatethehero Member Posts: 41

Well, if you read Edge of Destiny, you can guess pretty easily at three of the remaining four though two of them are not named. One character is clearly similar to one of the expansion professions, while the other is more than likely the other soldier profession.

Considering that the artwork of the lady with a fan looks like a courtier/thespian which is what the Mesmers looked like in the original and the fact that the artwork is heavily tinged with purple, the color of the Mesmer's skills and symbol in GW, it's pretty safe to say that she is a Mesmer. The artwork is in the same exact style as the other revealed profession artwork, so I ain't buying that she's some simple NPC.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Announcement about an announcement..

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".