Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many have quit ?

Comments

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

I dont have to sit around for half an hour or more now just to get a buff to go hunt with friends >_< and for pvpers they dont need buffs to go pvp , they can jump right into it. so overall theres been some good improvements, just a few things need tweaking. but it might take awhile for them.

• Mr_ManMr_Man Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Erillion

Mr_Man ... Bria was known as the powergamer server .. both in crafting and combat. With some crazy legendary weapons and people having farms of 500 harvesters.
    How is Bria post-CU ? How many of the elite PvP people just fainted cleanly away after they saw their UBER toys cut down to more sensible damage caps ? The server seemed to me to be a bit too "competitive" (aka Bria usually found and reported exploits first :-) On the other hand PvP under the new rules is seeing a major comeback ... on Bria too I guess.

Prices are still up there, but that's to be expected.  Bria seems less crazy, and it probably is because a lot of the powergamer types have quit.  I did notice a guy trying to do a "solo group" last night, which I thought was insane given that they're practically useless now.

Everyone seems focused on doing Rage of the Wookiees, so I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I have never played this game but I read before that you could solo alot ... What is the point in that. I dont know why pple would play mmorpg other than to get in a group of pple and kill stuff. Well I was going to say if you like to solo play a offline RPG but wait you are in a party in all RPG's ..... cuz ummm thats the point. What is so bad about partying with other people online?

Not enough time to be playing with a party? I sure wouldnt pay 12 bucks a month to play less than 20 hours a week.

You dont trust other ppl with your characters life? Shit is going to happen yeah pple with do stuff wrong but dude its just a game.

Not social? Why are you playing a game with tons of other ppl then?

I was hoping to win the contest and start playing this game cuz I always been interested. But now I hear ppl are leaving cuz they dont like the new system and it does nothing for them.... Which is gay, from what I read it makes the game more challenging.

I nomally play FFXI and its a very tough game to solo.... Its best to solo till about lvl 10 then after that You will get nowere by soloing.. Which I think is awesome cuz I enjoy being in a group of ppl. Thats what MMORPG's are made for. Just like getting with a group of friends and play D&D.

MMORPG's are so much fun cuz you meet so many new pple and you travel to new places and fight stuff that are hard. I cant even play and offline RPG's since ive started playing MMO's, they have so much more to offer.

So I say if you realy love star wars play the damn game and stop bitching about the CU. Yeah its different but if you first started playing the game and it was like the CU would you have continued to play it. Not konwing that it was different before?

There are alot of things that I didtn like in FFXI at first but I still got past it and its been an awesome game. So please ppl give it a second chance, Cuz if I win the contest Im going to play it and If I like it im going to be pissed at all the ppl that quit. lol Cuz star wars is an awesome setting for a MMORPG.

Peace

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I quit. The new system is just way too confusing, I liked it the old way.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • NiksenNiksen Member Posts: 66

I played SWG from about the time that bikes came around.

I have had so much magic time in SWG, you can de everything in there, especially compared to wow where everything is kindda planned and predictable.

I was a Major Bio engineer for all my time in SWG and combined it with different other profs, which is a wonderfull thing about SWG, you can change proffesion as u see fit.

in the end about 600 days i think, i just got tired of killing mobs, crafting loads and having huge amounts of money.

Everybody were doing JEDI or PVP, neither of which is my thing, i could find less and less friends in there who enjoyed the "normal"gameplay.

In the end i left, even it was hard, i still remember the magic months i had in the beginning.

now im killing time in wow, which seems sooo childlike compared to the complexity of a Bio engineer in SWG.

• jinkojinko Member Posts: 1
    i've cancelled my subscription as i am not going to pay a monthly fee to play what is basically a beta game. i'm keeping an eye on the forums for the next few months to see if it improves and if it does i'll be more than happy to rejoin but as it stands i find the CU unplayable.
  • TheRebelGenTheRebelGen Member Posts: 103

I quit like just before 2005 i don't like games that the only way to play it is to spend months to become uber. If there is just a login twicthed based no skill boxes and just plane fighting like Battlefront or somthing or a game where you can be an avg person living in a differnet reality i'd like the game.

I liked the game in in 2003 better...cuase i didn't grind but grinding in my opion kills a game cuase when your dine you feel like theres nothing better to do...

• Wind_angelWind_angel Member Posts: 82
    Im not quitting.... I just got my light saber... and I will not quit.... anyone here going to watch the movie????

Hurry up.... Clock is ticking

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Luck as a Jedi, Wind-Angel.  Hope it's everything you ever wanted it to be and then a little.

The movie... <sigh> I've heard it's a real killer, the darkest of the lot of them, which of course appeals to me.  But I'm wrestling with my righteous indignantion at SoE and LucasArts right now and that may prompt me to not watch it or buy the movie when it comes out on DVD in a misguided and oldfashioned effort to make a point that these companies can understand.  Not that they'd even notice one less box office sale, and I'm not crazy enough to think that most will have the fortitude to deny themselves what is being touted as a "saving the best for last" blockbuster.

Ugh... me an my windmills.

• dbelgarddbelgard Member Posts: 10

I played SWG for about 3 months.  I was really looking forward to it because I am a big SW fan.

It was dissapointing.  Very dissapointing.

The minimum wage terminals drove the game.  Prices were outragious.  Combat was far too simple.  And BOT macroing was just stupid.

When JTL expansiion came out, that gave me a strong month of enjoyment, but it quickly faded into the category of Same Ol Same Ol.

Now I am playing WoW, and while it does have its issues, I am having a good time with it.

The problem with SWG was that I just never felt like I was part of the SW universe.  It always felt like a game.

Originally posted by dbelgard

I played SWG for about 3 months.  I was really looking forward to it because I am a big SW fan.
    It was dissapointing.  Very dissapointing.
    The minimum wage terminals drove the game.  Prices were outragious.  Combat was far too simple.  And BOT macroing was just stupid.
    When JTL expansiion came out, that gave me a strong month of enjoyment, but it quickly faded into the category of Same Ol Same Ol.
    Now I am playing WoW, and while it does have its issues, I am having a good time with it.
    The problem with SWG was that I just never felt like I was part of the SW universe.  It always felt like a game.

I can see how some people would end up with that experience of the game.  The things that initially sucked me in and the things that got me so firmly hooked were the RPg elements and possibilities that the game made possible with its framework.  Before I became a gamer, I was a ROLEPLAYER and that resonates through my gaming experience and playstyle, enhancing my experience and allowing me a very rich and rewarding time of gaming in the better MMORPGs.

So for me, SWG BECAME the Star Wars universe.  I was swept away by the worlds, the npcs and the PLAYERS in a way I find it difficult to describe for you.  It was the first MMO I've played that I didn't have to have my experience dulled by hearing "level x tank lfg!" everywhere I went.  The shop location spammers weren't so bad because it was easy to imagine someone being hired to hawk someone's business until their throats bled. 

It's the first game I've played in which I truely appreciated the combat facets, for the great detail and care the OLD devs put into the mechanics and the sheer beauty of the motions.  I can't tell you how much I loved to watch combat in SWG.  There are not enough words to descibe the artistry and the excitement it once inspired in me.  It was... awe-inspiring.

It's very saddening to me that the new devs felt the need to remove these things from SWG and replace them with flashy, jerky and BORING fantasy effects that break the SW universe immersion, an environment that forces people to spam for teams and a mechanic that is neither RP nor sociallizer friendly.  And that doesn't begin to cover how I feel about what they did to the non-combat professions.

As I see it, they took something that was NOT the same-old same-old and made it generic, common and just like everything else out there.

• Orkozi5Orkozi5 Member Posts: 14
    I played from beta to CU.  The CU was the straw that broke the camel's back.  That's the last freakin time I'm taking it from those people.
  • BarMankBarMank Member Posts: 1

I'm out. 

2 years ago I was a beta tester who didn't sign up once the beta ended.  The game seemed like it might be promising with lots of improvement, but it got tired after a couple of months and I marvelled how flawed it was when it went live.  About a month ago I decided to get back into it.  First thing I noticed was that bugs I reported back in the beta were still present 2 years later!  The next thing that struck me was how empty the servers were, even the older ones.  Back during the beta, groups were easy to find and helped make the game fun.  Now, the game is so sparsely populated you can barely find anyone to team up with. 

The whole buffing thing was a turn off.  If you couldn't find a buffer player and pony up 10,000 CR, you spend you evening running around getting killed by nunas!  Now they introduce the CU which takes away buffing, which has made all the doctors in the game go AWOL.  I ran around for 5 hours the past two nights trying to get my 180+ wounds healed up.  Nobody was around.  I cancelled my subscription, deleted SWG from my hard drive and tossed the game into the garbage.  What a depressing thing to watch an essentially good idea be born on thin ice and then 2 years later submerge under the icy waters of a failed MMORPG.

• MSCavMSCav Member UncommonPosts: 141

I dropped 2 accounts from Bria and we lost half our guild.

I know the day before my account ended, Theed was pretty scarce, about 5 people standing there opposed to the normal 10- to 20 easy.

I hope this game fails hard core now after the CU and the following treatment of its most loyal and veterans players.

Cav, Senior Commander Midnight Squadron.  midnightsquadron.com
  • starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Well.....

I would say just enough people have quit.

Now that they have thinned the herd a bit and weeded out all the non hackers who cant seem to adapt to the change from uber slayer to normal MMO character perhaps the game will attract some quality players.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

Originally posted by starman999
    Well.....
    I would say just enough people have quit.
    Now that they have thinned the herd a bit and weeded out all the non hackers who cant seem to adapt to the change from uber slayer to normal MMO character perhaps the game will attract some quality players.

No, basically they caved into the people who did not nor wanted to put in the time to make their characters uber. And yeah, Normal great, so I guess it does not matter what game to buy because now this game is just "normal"

So yeah, thank God, we can get normal quality players because there were not any before ::::12:: Thank God that those people who could not handle the better version of this game can now be normal and not worry about facing people who put in the time to make their toon uber. Finally, a game that teaches those who succeed a lesson or two!

• WuduLarchWuduLarch Member Posts: 140

Okay. There seem to be a couple CU afficianados on this thread. I am about to close my account. Why? Because he is a "pure" crafter, a master BE/Chef. The problem is that I have to have scout for my BE which, although it isn't considered a "combat" class still causes me to be a level CL13. I have NO weapon skills. So I decide, "Well, I guess I could give up Chef since food is basically useless now". So, I can't repec non-combat to combat, right? Well, I visit a Marksman trianer and start the long grind. All bursting with anticipation I find my local mission terminal only to find that I am getting level 13 missions that I will be having to do with my alphabet blaster. Forget that!!! I skip out of town to hunt the local critters and start earning that xp. I'll be darned if there isn't a nice level 3 fanned rawl, just outside of town. Carefully I take aim and click a button. POW!!!! I am dead. Whhhhaaaattt! <cloning> Okay, well, I will take out my mount to help me with this ferocious snake. Soon the battle ensues. HOORAY!!!! I WIN!!! My prize for winning? 2xp. Not 2 K xp. Not 200xp. Not 20xp. 2. And it was double xp week. Did some talking and found out that I will have to drop scout so I can lower my CL so I can get xp to become a marksman and be able to protect myself. Guess what. I have to drop my master BE to drop scout. I am not about to continue paying SOE to ALLOW me to play a game where the last 18 months of hardwork is now for naught. Unless anyone can tell me a way to make the xp I need. And before it is suggested, I refuse to ask a guildy to stand there for many many hours doing nothing but making sure I don't get killed.

Any suggestions? Or am I gone?

That sucks Wud, If you dont want a guild member to stand there, then you are screwed.

I am asking on behalf of all who have stopped their accounts for everyone to stop their accounts. The game and the Devs have screwed you with the CU, and before the CU the lie about the CU and the constant bugs from day 1 and the stupid lag for no reason.

I wont protect this game anymore. I will tell the truth. Lag and bugs before the CU, and now the CU. With the CU comes more bugs (with no guarantee that they will get fixed because of track record), more lag (with no reason as to why there is more) and many many more problems with the CU Wud's problem being one of them.

• Dregard44Dregard44 Member Posts: 103
    I have seen several of these "CU has caused me problems" posts. And granted. It prolly did cause you problems, im not going to tell ya to stfu or anything, becuase well, if you have a problem, your suppose to voice it no? otherwise your problem is for naught and will end up being a pointless hassle. Now anyway, Considering the new CU, The things that turned me personally away from SWG seem to be gone, But along with that, i have heard a lot of the player base is going too =(. But, Non-the-less, i will try it. Now just to find someone who will trade a SWG account for a WoW account =(

A Legend was Born

• RaabHimselfRaabHimself Member Posts: 18

I said bye to my friends then logged off, you see i was going on holiday and id miss the release of the new combat upgrade. When i came back i thought there was a connection problem, where was everyone? I quit, then loaded back up, then quit again and loaded, i couldnt believe my eyes, i ran to the catina and there was 2 AFK entertainers instead of the usual 6-14. A busy street of people just going about there business had turned into a ghost town. Well done SOE, wat your upgrade has ruined SWG, this may be different on other servers but Eclipse is empty.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by WuduLarch

I refuse to ask a guildy to stand there for many many hours doing nothing but making sure I don't get killed.

First of all .. I am level 7 and could easily kill that  level 3 fanned rawl of yours. You need to get used to your abilities and anything up to your level is doable. I am doing harvester work on Lok for hours on end and survive and evade the level 30-45 enemies there by being cautious. I am NOT yet using the grouping method doing that, but I will do it more in the future.

To make the exploration of wilderness easier and less lethal, you COULD group with a guild friend. He can then go his merry way doing anything. You however can profit from his level 80 defenses and not be one shot killed. And you are NOT forcing him to follow you around for hours. I could imagine that an organized guild could run a 24/7 bot inviting to group  low level players for just such an occasion for all those players playing at off-peak hours where finding guild members is not so easy.

Have fun

Erillion

• CiberCiber Member Posts: 4

I did quit, very sad day, even not being in the game from the start (i played since last february)i played enough to be hooked up, but CU it wasnt fun for me at all, plus if i awaited til last february to play this game its cos i dont like to play games full of bugs, i refuse to pay for beta test.....

image CYA YA ALL IN CITY OF HEROES!!! image

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by WuduLarch

Okay. There seem to be a couple CU afficianados on this thread. I am about to close my account. Why? Because he is a "pure" crafter, a master BE/Chef. The problem is that I have to have scout for my BE which, although it isn't considered a "combat" class still causes me to be a level CL13. I have NO weapon skills. So I decide, "Well, I guess I could give up Chef since food is basically useless now". So, I can't repec non-combat to combat, right? Well, I visit a Marksman trianer and start the long grind. All bursting with anticipation I find my local mission terminal only to find that I am getting level 13 missions that I will be having to do with my alphabet blaster. Forget that!!! I skip out of town to hunt the local critters and start earning that xp. I'll be darned if there isn't a nice level 3 fanned rawl, just outside of town. Carefully I take aim and click a button. POW!!!! I am dead. Whhhhaaaattt! <cloning> Okay, well, I will take out my mount to help me with this ferocious snake. Soon the battle ensues. HOORAY!!!! I WIN!!! My prize for winning? 2xp. Not 2 K xp. Not 200xp. Not 20xp. 2. And it was double xp week. Did some talking and found out that I will have to drop scout so I can lower my CL so I can get xp to become a marksman and be able to protect myself. Guess what. I have to drop my master BE to drop scout. I am not about to continue paying SOE to ALLOW me to play a game where the last 18 months of hardwork is now for naught. Unless anyone can tell me a way to make the xp I need. And before it is suggested, I refuse to ask a guildy to stand there for many many hours doing nothing but making sure I don't get killed.

I laugh at this, because,

1. YOU CAN respec a noncombat profession into a combat one. They use the same points. I just redid my architect skills to add in pistoleer skills.

Most of the complaints about hating Cu are a bunch of idiots that already hated the game and now have a reason to complain. The only problem with the CU is the little time it takes to get used to your character and the role you have in a group.

For most of the CU hater posts. You probably dont know what you are talking about.

Originally posted by sidebuster
    I laugh at this, because,
    1. YOU CAN respec a noncombat profession into a combat one. They use the same points. I just redid my architect skills to add in pistoleer skills.
    Most of the complaints about hating Cu are a bunch of idiots that already hated the game and now have a reason to complain. The only problem with the CU is the little time it takes to get used to your character and the role you have in a group.
    For most of the CU hater posts. You probably dont know what you are talking about.

Kid, you need to go to the corner with the other brats who just can't think in broader terms than "with us or against us, with = good, against = evil".  For your personal edifiaction -- OOPS!  'Scuse me I used a word you probably won't understand.  Shame on me.  I'll use smaller ones so you stand a chance of getting it.  A large number of the people who are leaving (who appear to be twice your age AND possess twice your brainpower) LOVED Star Wars Galaxies.  Which may or may not make them geeky, but last time I checked, EVERYONE who has posted to this board is pretty geeky...but that is beside the point.

Everyone whom I personally know that has left had very valid reasons for doing so.  The chiefest of which was that the CU made the game unenjoyable for them to play, which I must point out is a very intelligent reaction to a product you no longer find satisfactory.  YOU STOP BUYING IT.  Then you warn your friends and neighbors about whatever it was that made said product unsatisfactory.  A large number of the people who are leaving happen to be crafters and entertainers of one sort or another.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Now allow me to give you some good advice (which you will no doubt ignore).  If you start getting the urge to insult people who have a legitimate complaint with the game -- don't.  Just STFU and play your game until the urge passes.  Help some noobs FFS, so that they too can learn to enjoy the new game.  If you need attention SO badly that you have to torment the SWG exiles, go grab Starman, strip naked, report to your local forward encampment, go spec for open PvP and run through the nearest opposing city screaming "<insert opposite faction> sucks!"  I'm sure you'll have all the attention you so obviously crave.  In the game you claim to love so much.

In the immortal words of Fenn "KTHXDIE".

To those, like Erillion, who are NOT getting their jollies by slapping angry, depressed gamers around, for the love of god, can I buy a bounty on these two?  Please?

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Double post