Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

it seems COD has WoW syndrome

odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

it seems to me that this was a great franchise way back at MW2 but has sharply fell to the wow syndrome..what i mean is that COD is full of D-bags that brag about kdr and most dont even know how to play the game..ala wow where you have people that sit it citys / towns that brag about dps / gear scores ...and what also they have both in common are the wee lil kiddies or a regular everyday joe that have no completel  idea..COD has become a joke of a franchise but yet it still sells tons..like wow..and the online game play has become a joke..like when you get into a heated game and then BAM host leaves..or waiting in lobby and game about to begin..BAM host leaves...why dont they just have deditcated servers like metal of honor  with bigger maps and extended play or maybe time limits...it has become such a mess of a franchise it seems that sence its a console game that they keep pushing out crap games no matter how they play or who makes it..do you guys think COD can reinvent its self or do you think they will stand by and keep pumping out crap titles...tho it does have some cool things added to it **COD** i think it would be SOOO much better if they took or added the same type of elements as metal of honor...like servers / bigger maps and extended game play ..sorta like battlefield / bad company ?

Comments

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Those things aren't unique to WoW.  Any game with some sort of competitive nature or ways to measure "skill"; will always have people that have nothing better to do than brag.  Its the whol "hey, i gots internets and can act anyway I want" syndrome.

Days like that make me wish WoW, or < insert other PVE MMO here >, had unrestricted PvP.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by odinsrath

it seems to me that this was a great franchise way back at MW2 but has sharply fell to the wow syndrome..what i mean is that COD is full of D-bags that brag about kdr and most dont even know how to play the game..ala wow where you have people that sit it citys / towns that brag about dps / gear scores ...and what also they have both in common are the wee lil kiddies or a regular everyday joe that have no completel  idea..COD has become a joke of a franchise but yet it still sells tons..like wow..and the online game play has become a joke..like when you get into a heated game and then BAM host leaves..or waiting in lobby and game about to begin..BAM host leaves...why dont they just have deditcated servers like metal of honor  with bigger maps and extended play or maybe time limits...it has become such a mess of a franchise it seems that sence its a console game that they keep pushing out crap games no matter how they play or who makes it..do you guys think COD can reinvent its self or do you think they will stand by and keep pumping out crap titles...tho it does have some cool things added to it **COD** i think it would be SOOO much better if they took or added the same type of elements as metal of honor...like servers / bigger maps and extended game play ..sorta like battlefield / bad company ?

Honestly I think the problem here lies with us the gamer community.  Or rather a significant portion of us.  Or maybe to be more correct a a portion of humanity is like that.  Take sports teams.  Sometimes you have a star athelete who is quiet and reseverd but a total badass on the field.  Then you got the one who likes to talk about how badass he is.  Its just people man. Read the forums on here and you will see tons of the same.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

"Way back at MW2" hahaha, way back at MW2, HAHAHAHA, that is fucking golden.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I dont see COD being a mmorpg.

• EcabanaEcabana Member Posts: 95

Life is full of those persons, they are not exclusive to gaming, it's just that gaming is way more popular to the mass now then when it was marginal/freaky. Don't expect it to change, it won't.

But remember, you are a moron/a-hole/stupid/name-it for someone else, we all are for another person somewhere the worst human on earth, no matter what.

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Originally posted by Jackcolt

"Way back at MW2" hahaha, way back at MW2, HAHAHAHA, that is fucking golden.

Ye, I kind of couldn't read on after that :p

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

I can only confirm 1 thing from this post, and thats apparently WoW and CoD are the only 2 multiplayer games the op has ever played.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• AumHybridAumHybrid Member UncommonPosts: 75

Shit talking and bragging started when humans found out how to pick up sticks and knew they had a bigger one than the person beside them.

And MoH is horrible in almost every way than Call of Duty besides the fact that they have one mode that enjoyable but is ultimately a dumbed down version of their far better game BC2.

I like CoD for what it is, which is a simple military shooter.  Definitely don't think wow has influenced the community in any way besides having mutual references.  People were destined to become dicks on the internet form the beginning, regardless of what games came out.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Its Medal of Honor, not Metal of Honor. Also trash talking has existed in games since their origination. In the online world I remember trash talking in UO seeing PvP was a large part of that game in its early days. Most reds I knew went around with their chest puffed out because of how awesome they thought there were. Hell I remember in Diablo 2 people sitting in the lobby and trash talking each other talking about who had whos ears. 

Im assuming the only online game you have played is WoW, but these problems are not unique to WoW. 

Competitiveness breeds aholes, its just how it works. 

• AllSeeingGuyAllSeeingGuy Member Posts: 143

Lol way back when MW2 .... I would consider myself fairly old since I have evolved with the MMO genre starting with D2 if you consider it a MMO (Guild Wars is) Then came EQ/DAoC for me. Back then WAAAY back then people was considerate semi mature players who wasn't out to stroke epeens and more concerned about making friends. Today with the mass influx of people (Thanks to WoW) the general respect the MMO community had back then is no longer present. You can blame WoW if you like but its just people in general. Us older gamers understand the respect that was held back then between fellow gamers. Today its just a bunch of pimply faced 8-14 year olds trying to be the "cool guy" by being a dick. 

• Daniel2324Daniel2324 Member Posts: 10

The reason CoD sells so well is because of what it used to be though I've gotten tired of it myself thats why I move on to other games

• kanbay2kanbay2 Member Posts: 31

Cod and Wow have different affects.

COD - based on the players that talk (and most of my friends that i have seen play COD online) are cocky and over aggersive. Once i said Cod sucks and people spazed out, and i got booted. I made my point. My friend broke 4 xbox conrtollers in a week.

WOW - Based on the people I have seen play and when i did. Wow consumes your life i played and it almost consumed mine. Everyday i played for atleast 5 hours. My internet box broke and havent touched it since. It drained my wallet and i couldnt get internet for 2 months. Wow also has 35% harass little kids, 25% are annoying Little kids 40% aren't involed with that. Wow is addictive and hurtful. It is like a drug, Helpful when NEEDED, not when overused. People need to stop give wow their money.  They get 15$ a month from you then make you pay an extra 40 every year! You are giving into a scam you already know it is one! For example im am going to operate on you leg. I will put a plate on you need. 15$ now for every month you keep it, and you HAVE to get it gold plated every year for 40$. Does that sound fair?

The point is don't get sucked in to your fantasy world

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

the fact that you even some how tried to relate WoW to COD... makes you a moron ... 

and no matter what you do or what game you play - if it has an online option, douche bags will be online.. simple...

WoW didn't make that happen.. it happened way before WoWs time.. 

you people have to stop comparing things to WoW really its getting old lol next thing you know "my child has down syndrome its all WoWs fault" Seriously.. its a game, its a giant.. deal with it 

• XiroXiro Member UncommonPosts: 118

Originally posted by kanbay2

Cod and Wow have different affects.

COD - based on the players that talk (and most of my friends that i have seen play COD online) are cocky and over aggersive. Once i said Cod sucks and people spazed out, and i got booted. I made my point. My friend broke 4 xbox conrtollers in a week.

WOW - Based on the people I have seen play and when i did. Wow consumes your life i played and it almost consumed mine. Everyday i played for atleast 5 hours. My internet box broke and havent touched it since. It drained my wallet and i couldnt get internet for 2 months. Wow also has 35% harass little kids, 25% are annoying Little kids 40% aren't involed with that. Wow is addictive and hurtful. It is like a drug, Helpful when NEEDED, not when overused. People need to stop give wow their money.  They get 15$ a month from you then make you pay an extra 40 every year! You are giving into a scam you already know it is one! For example im am going to operate on you leg. I will put a plate on you need. 15$ now for every month you keep it, and you HAVE to get it gold plated every year for 40$. Does that sound fair?

The point is don't get sucked in to your fantasy world

Expansions generally come out every 2 years. Oh hey, also, Expansions for video games started WAY BEFORE WOW. And companies spend a lot of money making those expansions. Some games make you pay for them, some don't, some gaming companies are giants, some are ants. 

Edit: Someone will end up saying something like "but they make so much money from subscriptions why do they need to charge for the expansions?" 

That thought proccess right there is why you'll live a mediocore life, and they'll raise an empire.  

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

To the OP:

There are videos making fun of FPS players that were made before WoW was released, that fit your description of them perfectly. They have been around since multiplayer FPSs came on the scene. I say videos, what I really mean are flash animations.  

CoD is defined by it's small close quarters maps, with fast run and gun gameplay. They were like that in CoD2, CoD3, CoD4, and so on up to what we see today at CoD7. It's why the game has become the most profitable FPS of all time, it's a fun game and can be played any way you want. Games like BC2 are great games, but they just aren't that fun multiplayer, because they force you into certain types of game play. I played BC2 for a good 6mo and when I started playing CoD4 again, I never looked back. Even CoD3 and CoD4 servers are quite healthy to this day. 

The maps are intricately designed, with much thought put in to them. If you don't like them, then find another game to play. However, they are designed the way they are for a specific reason and they are designed very well. One of the major factors that allow a FPS to survive in a multiplayer environment, are it's maps. Which is why games like FarCry 2 did not do well in the multiplayer market. Every Joe Bob wanted to make their own maps for their servers.

CoD has been my favorite FPS since CoD3. I have played just about every single day for the past 5 years. I skipped 5 and I sort of skipped 6 (MW2), but I've been having a blast in 7 (BO). As much as I hate to admit it, the days of FPSs on PC are coming to an end, unless the companies can do something drastic about the hackers. On my PS3, if someone is annoying me on Mic, I mute them then I never have to listen to them as long as I live. I'm sure you can disable the chat and voice on the PC Version, just like you were able to with all the other CoD games. 

I just want to play a game, I don't want to see/listen to people talk. So, I disable it, then they never bother me again and I can enjoy my game with the most advanced AI in the world. If you don't want to take the same steps I do, to rid yourself of the nonsense, then don't bitch about it. It's your choice. It's sort of like getting a light bulb stuck in your bum, then bitching to the doctor about how big and odly shaped they are. Nobody made you stick that light bulb up there.

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

Dude, they will host it and have dedicated servers when they can monetize it as a MMO and get subscriptions. Kottick said its one of his top priorities.

People like you complain about that, but will get ultimatelly owned when they offer what you want. FOR A PRICE.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

COD multiplay sucks, its more solo play and much more camping then BC2 for example.

Played both games for quite some time, and COD is just a cheap arcade game tbh.

In COD i can bring victory on my own in a super game.

In BFBC2 I can play godly and lose the game.

Its all about teamwork and thats whats multiplay is all about for me.

Teamwork to bring foes to your knees, teamwork to win games.

Not solo playing and hiding in a corner camping solo noobs running like headless chickens.

MW1 was good, MW2 was meh and all COD games after this will be bad i think.

Not that BC2 has problems, oh hell yes they do, Hit register, lag spikes, Aimbots and wallhacks, cheaters evrywhere.

But still with all these problems BC2 is still  just THE best FPS multiplayer out there.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

This problem is rapant in the gaming community.  The age restrictions need to be enforced, but that will only help some of the problem.  Not much you can do about it really.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Dbags have been around since the dawn of mulitplay pvp.

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by AllSeeingGuy

Lol way back when MW2 .... I would consider myself fairly old since I have evolved with the MMO genre starting with D2 if you consider it a MMO (Guild Wars is) Then came EQ/DAoC for me. Back then WAAAY back then people was considerate semi mature players who wasn't out to stroke epeens and more concerned about making friends. Today with the mass influx of people (Thanks to WoW) the general respect the MMO community had back then is no longer present. You can blame WoW if you like but its just people in general. Us older gamers understand the respect that was held back then between fellow gamers. Today its just a bunch of pimply faced 8-14 year olds trying to be the "cool guy" by being a dick. 

What version of D2 were you playing? I played it for years, and there were always people trash talking. Who had the better gears, bragging about how many soj they sold their stormstrike for, Ect. Lol! And there were sooooo many scammers. Thats actually where I encountered my first. He taught me good though!

Anyways!

Ive been playing online for a long time now. And im just not sure where people dream up these online games were no one bragged, no one griefed, and everyone held hands and got a long. Its never been that way. Ever. In any game ive played online, or any time ive played competetive sports in real life.

I do agree that you run into kids that are annoying in how they act, but you can always tell who the child is. Well, most of the time. Ive played with some teens in various MMOs that were more mature then some adults I know will ever be.

The way people act is human nature, and with online gaming its amplified. And no, it didnt just become a problem afew years ago. The people who say that more then likely just started gaming afew years ago.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Call of Duty is an arcade game....

When you're done playing in kiddie land, graduate to Battlefield series. Which, for the last 9 years has offered some of the most intense gun fights, tactics, strategy and gameplay of any FPS shooter. They don't offer fake, 3d worlds... their environments are as real as they get, using physics for balistics, 3d positional sounds and destructable envireonemnts.

If you are complining about COD, time to get out of romper room & man up in the big leagues.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Bad Company 2 was utter crap.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by adam_nox

Bad Company 2 was utter crap.

Bad Company is a console game.

DICE's recent foray into the console market was because kids didn't know about PC games, or DICE. Nor did they know about technology and the plaform which DICE offered. But they do now.

I agree, Bad Company 2 could be better, but it still offers more to the gamer. Not only that, but it was a market test by DICE to see wide spread reconition of their Frostbite 2.0 engine.

Most BF games have 64 players... since BC2 is a console game and consoles are extrmely outdated, DICE had to dumb-down gameplay, and create a fast paced game. Because everyone knows incessant 14 year olds need constant action.

BF3 will change what all these kids know about FPS. If you have never played BF2 (not BC2), then you are clueless about whats comming in Nov. nuf said...

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Manners.

Respect.

Gone.

Maybe I'm just old?  Maybe it's the way I was raised?  Or maybe it's my generation?  But 1/2 of the 'young one's' that play games today apparently haven't ever been taught any type of manners.

Add in the fact that they are anonymous/hidden by the veil of the internet, that only helps promote the amount of trash/garbage that is spewed. 

Again, I'd pay extra $$$$ per month to play on servers with more 'mature' players. 

And over the last 5-10 years, it's gotten worse... much worse. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The COD franchise has 3 glaring problems and i will never buy another ever again.

The first problem is the developer couldn't give a crap about the game's integrity,this was the worst huge franchise i have ever seen,where cheating was considered the norm and if you stood up agaisnt it,you were ridiculed.Ialso saw a glaring design glitch that made took the fun factor out of the game.You could spec for melee and speed ,this caused the poor coding to allow a player to literally walk up and bash you with his gun,before the code would send your PC the information needed to even see or hear that player coming,it was just too fast.

Second problem is the player base,as always with losing,it creates anger and there is lots of those people that cannot control themselves,so they go out and find ways to ruin your game by cheating.

Third problem is when they tried to incorporate RPG into it's game.This created a huge design flaw that MMORPG's also share and that is the time=reward.I don't mind time=reward as much if it is solely a PVE game,but when you add that into a PVP game,it makes it a total joke.

I was literally amazed that after i saw sooo many cheating in COD,that i could not find one single avenue to report cheating,i was like wtf,the richest game on the planet and they couldn't care less abotu it's integrity?I deleted that last MW2 and vowed to never buy another game from them again.

I quit my favorite game FFXI because cheating was so rampant.The players were not controlling the economy ,the RMT was,and SE did not give a dam.I was talked into rtejoining by a friend a year+ later as he said they had stepped up to combat cheating.I was delighted this was true,and Sqaure Enix can probably be congratulated for being the FIRST driving force to at least "try" to combat cheating.I know other games such as Wow have followed suite,and a few otehrs have "pretended" to follow suite bcause of SE.Infinity Ward not once showed me that they cared even 1%,definitley not a developer anyone should support.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.