Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Zero Punctuation Reviews Cataclysm

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Spot on and funny as hell!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

LOL! love the last part about getting gratzed.  I had an addon that autogratzed folks :)  Didn't even have to bother typing to em :P

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Its all about numbers don't you know.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

3 minutes of smiling and nodding, and then I hated him :) Today I was so close to breaking the wrapping of my Cataclysm box I have had laying around since 7th dec.

And the punchline, so spot on .. never have I played a MMO where I had to be so aware of ... NUMBERS.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Now thats funny... I'm just surprised that he didn't start out in an incoherent rage and go right to googly pants... ^^  Given how much he loaths MMORPG's, I'm amazed that he actually played one long enough to review it.  Let along how he ended up in a guild... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • lavisanlavisan Member Posts: 15

Pretty funny.  :] Although the social aspect is probably the main reason I play mmorpgs, I could care less about raiding and end game stuff, but he was spot on for the people that play WoW to give them a bigger e-peen.

Hopefully stuff like this gets posted in the headlines more often. It's certainly nicer to see something entertaining in my e-mail instead of a headline that is there to incite a f2p vs p2p flame war.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

lol this dude is always funny as well and dead right! Watch his review of EVE, its brilliant lmao!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

He is the chosen one. He has always had a soft spot for WoW. He just didn't like the way it took over his life. Also worth reading his book Mogworld which is set inside an mmorpg.

• NemorsaNemorsa Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 131

I guess I'll be the only one. This guy isn't funny at all, his jokes were stupid and or lame and I know his shtick is "Zero Punction" but never taking a breath is annoying, made more so by his voice, most of what he said (read: most of what he said in the first two minutes and what I got out of the comments) has all been said before, the thing about raiding for gear to raid more is brought up in most MMO discussion I've heard/been in, not that brilliant of an observation the [i]n[/i]th time you've heard it. His review is as good and accurate as every other person because they all have the same things to say because the games are the same.  Except most aren't as dry, meaning their jokes are actually funny, not dry as in dry humor.

• QuakeQuake Member UncommonPosts: 20

Originally posted by Nemorsa

I guess I'll be the only one. This guy isn't funny at all, his jokes were stupid and or lame and I know his shtick is "Zero Punction" but never taking a breath is annoying, made more so by his voice, most of what he said (read: most of what he said in the first two minutes and what I got out of the comments) has all been said before, the thing about raiding for gear to raid more is brought up in most MMO discussion I've heard/been in, not that brilliant of an observation the [i]n[/i]th time you've heard it. His review is as good and accurate as every other person because they all have the same things to say because the games are the same.  Except most aren't as dry, meaning their jokes are actually funny, not dry as in dry humor.

He also isn't trying to please everyone. Namely, people like you.

• dragonbranddragonbrand Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Quake

Originally posted by Nemorsa

He also isn't trying to please everyone. Namely, people like you.

Nor me, because he isnt funny at all

Gaming since Avalon Hill was making board games.

Played SWG, EVE, Fallen Earth, LOTRO, Rift, Vanguard, WoW, SWTOR, TSW, Tera
    Tried Aoc, Aion, EQII, RoM, Vindictus, Darkfail, DDO, GW, PotBS

• AljaxAljax Member Posts: 41

Heh, that was quite entertaining.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    i loled hard

BestSigEver :P

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

A shame some people don't see the humor in his video's.  Not saying there is something wrong with them.  People are just different.  I don't even agree with the stuff he says most of the time. Nor do most of the game's he speaks highly of (like that one from XBox Live Arcade) do I find fun at all.  I still find his video's quite funny.  My favorite is still his one for Eve Online.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• dar4115dar4115 Member Posts: 1

(new guy) Is this free?

Originally posted by dar4115

(new guy) Is this free?

World of Warcraft? No.

• MFIepy0nMFIepy0n Member Posts: 13

omg lololol

--Chris

• RegnevanzRegnevanz Member Posts: 146

So if the point of raiding is just to get gear so you can raid.. what is the point of this game again?

Originally posted by Regnevanz

So if the point of raiding is just to get gear so you can raid.. what is the point of this game again?

To make Blizzard mountains of gold, of course. ^^  Actually, you kill things and take their stuff(leveling)(forget about quest rewards, as all too many times your class can't even use them), then you kill more things to get tokens for better gear, that allows you to start raiding to get gear to raid. ^^

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

haha great!!!!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

so damn funny

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Hilarious!

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208

Funy! Nice! And finaly an honest review on Cataclysm! :P

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

This chap is a laugh a second and his Eve review was priceless.

Chamber of Chains