Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Next Beta Event Begins Jan. 25th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds and the Rift development team have announced that the next closed beta event will begin on Tuesday, January 25th and will run through Friday, January 28th. Called "Battle of the Ascended", the event will see the level cap rise to 30 and the inclusion of the Scarlet Gorge zone and the opening of the Foul Cascade dungeon.

In Rift statistical news, players in last weekend’s “Warfronts” beta logged over one million hours of total playtime during the three day event. The Black Garden and Codex PvP warfronts, which debuted then, will also be available to play during the next event.

Beta access is guaranteed for those who preorder. Find out more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Lovely Marketing strategy this. There name just keep popping up about every two weeks about a new event. You can say whatever you want to them, but they sure know there marketing!

• Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Yes, & I'm really enjoying the beta events. >+ been a lot of fun really. 

Bick

• AzzkickaAzzkicka Member Posts: 157

Awesome! I kind of hope they don't let us go any further then level 30 in future beta's though as it would be nice to have some suprises left in the game.

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307

Originally posted by Azzkicka

Awesome! I kind of hope they don't let us go any further then level 30 in future beta's though as it would be nice to have some suprises left in the game.

This would be epic fail beyond belief.  Name one game that did this and had any end game content to speak of at release ?   They have to test it all not just 1-30 otherwise a month after release 50% will quit because end game wont exist.

• Savage16Savage16 Member UncommonPosts: 52

lol End game wont exist because they might not let a mass beta test it?  They do have a team of Q&A as well as 24/7 alpha testers.  Like it was posted above, this is marketing.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by Markn

Originally posted by Azzkicka

This would be epic fail beyond belief.  Name one game that did this and had any end game content to speak of at release ?   They have to test it all not just 1-30 otherwise a month after release 50% will quit because end game wont exist.

players are testing the endgame. its just under NDA.

The events beta will probably get to level 35 before the game releases. 

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

they have said that this game will launch with alot of raiding and end game at launch just so were clear

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I like all these beta events, except for one thing, how may of these are the going to have? isn't this like the 5th one? i could be wrong here.  But their window for release is decreasing.  Just saying. we got some big titles coming out and they need to somewhat apart from each other to have an effect, otherwise they all get muddled together and fight with each other over subs.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330

Previous testers were allowed to go to 50.  For the events they are slowely raiding the lv cap each event.

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

Cap is 30 not 50, I would like to see more of the world but it seems the way they are

doing things seem to be working pretty good.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• AlexTheTallAlexTheTall Member Posts: 174

Whilan they said there would be 7 of them! The 5th one will be exactly 4 weeks before launch.

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

so

anybody know whether the ATI card problem has been fixed?

have tried the previous beta events but the only thing i can see once ingame are ghosts and very strange graphics

• SxadanaSxadana Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by kobietruman

so

anybody know whether the ATI card problem has been fixed?

have tried the previous beta events but the only thing i can see once ingame are ghosts and very strange graphics

In beta 4 this was simply fixed by using the ati older drivers 10.10, only 10.12 seemed to have this problem. We shal see if its fixed in 10.12. If not just switch back to 10.10 . They stil have +/-2 months the iron things out

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by AlexTheTall

Whilan they said there would be 7 of them! The 5th one will be exactly 4 weeks before launch.

hmm okay, so that places the open release square at the end of February, that should be good for a while.  Lets hope they can get a foothold before another company.  Lots of games to come out this year.  Should be an interesting year.  I'm rather watching rift to see if it can hold up to the others well enough.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• kobietrumankobietruman Member Posts: 105

pretty funny as that was the version i had - and when i logged into game i was told my drivers were out of date - lordy :)

• ZerackusZerackus Member UncommonPosts: 47

I love it, the marketing is a great idea and really driving up the hype. if you played last week, the game feels,plays and looks great. they are tweaking things every 2 weeks after an event, and taking a very hands on approach to problems that pop up.

[object Window]

I can[object Window]t wait till the 25th. I haven[object Window]t pre-ordered a game in a long, long time, but this is the first!

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net

• SxadanaSxadana Member UncommonPosts: 39

ooh hehe , well thats what betas are for :) i'm sure things wil get fixed ^_^

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

Their dungeons are incredible, among the best I've ever played so far in a MMO.

• donblasdonblas Member Posts: 4

"This would be epic fail beyond belief.  Name one game that did this and had any end game content to speak of at release ? "

Final Fantasy XIV :(

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Im sitting out the last 3 Beta periods so I have some unexperienced content to look forward too. I have a strong feeling Rift will fill the void left by WAR, I've already managed to get some of my buds to play so we can group through the game. March can't come soon enough!

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I played the last beta and the games looking in great shape, they could launch it tomorrow if they had to. The presenter of the Rift podcast who isnt part of Trion at all has apparently seen the endgame and mentions it from time to time on her show saying its great so I dont think theres much to worry about. 

• PolyjeanPolyjean Member Posts: 38

I enjoyed the Beta so far, each time after the event I was like "damn what do I play now". :]

There is no right or wrong -
    There is only fun and boring.

• nathanebhtnathanebht Member Posts: 34

Beta 3 and 4 were great! The Rifts and zone wide events are very tasty.

Crafting is less than excellent. Combat is much more fun than I'd thougt it would be. The soul system presents lots of options requiring exploration and thought.

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

The Next 2 events will be "Plane of War" around Feb 4th and "Telara The Merciless" a few days after.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by Bakkoda24

Im sitting out the last 3 Beta periods so I have some unexperienced content to look forward too. I have a strong feeling Rift will fill the void left by WAR, I've already managed to get some of my buds to play so we can group through the game. March can't come soon enough!

I'm not going to sit out that's for sure.  I'm still testing out different mage builds and I'm still trying to get a good build going for my Cabalist Cleric build.  I'll have more than enough to "test" before release.