Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Priest or Shaman

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

i been looking at both classes, and before i get an account i am asking for advice of what class to go,

i want to be able to healer and buff my friends, maby do some dmg so i can solo, but i mainly want to be wanted in partys and for everybody to love me :)

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• sly220sly220 Member UncommonPosts: 606

Priest everyone will love you until you let them all die lol

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by A1D3N

i been looking at both classes, and before i get an account i am asking for advice of what class to go,

i want to be able to healer and buff my friends, maby do some dmg so i can solo, but i mainly want to be wanted in partys and for everybody to love me :)

mainly party? Priest.  You can simply dual spec. shadow for soloing, and holy for party healing and buffs.

Shaman could do the same. But there's major bias against shamans main healing a group.  The mouth breather majority think priests are better, when they both can do the same job in 5mans.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

you can carry two talent trees around with you and switch anytime between them so the playstyle you mentioned is possible with both classes

IMO from what you've said you'll like the more hybrid feel of shaman, i suggest you try druid too see if you like that

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

if u can carry 2 skill cards..... as u say, preist will be good for me, can be healer and a dmg dealer then, that sounds good to me,

what race is good for preist? or doesnt it realy make a difference?

Currently Playing:

Originally posted by A1D3N

if u can carry 2 skill cards..... as u say, preist will be good for me, can be healer and a dmg dealer then, that sounds good to me,

what race is good for preist? or doesnt it realy make a difference?

not much difference, there are racials but tbh pick one you think looks the coolest and you'll be fine. I'm a massive undead fan myself, just the whole hard metal style put into them with their animations appeals to me

does every class in the game get to pick 2/3 of there skll cards then?

i see preists have a dps, buff + heal, just heal skill cards.. wch ones shud i go?

Currently Playing:

at level 25 you get the option to make a second talent tree, you can then switch between your first talent tree and second talent tree anytime without cooldown as long as you're out of combat.

edit: i'm not gonna tell you how to play the game mate, explore the possibilities for yourself, they've simplified the talent trees now so its not hard at all to take a quick peak at the three and get an idea of how they play, besides you can pay to reset your trees at a trainer if you think you've made a mistake.

i see, ok thx m8,

i did have a hunter on a trial and got to lvl 30, but only got the chance to choose 1 skill tree, but that was a few months ago before the patch

Currently Playing:

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

priest vs shaman is simple if you ask me,

shaman can melee dps and ranged dps aswell very good healing, also provided with ghost wolf and later on higher level can cast various spells while moving.

priest ranged dps and heal, very good for pvp.

my opinion.

the best for pvp sells it for me tbh

i want to be a healer in pvp, yes  i know i will die alot and 1st lol, but if i can do 2 skill cards i shud be ok playing nuker sometimes

Currently Playing:

• ExostoticExostotic Member Posts: 26

If you want to pvp, then do not be a priest!  Just check out the blizzard priest forums. Priests suck in pvp now. Priests suck in general. I dont have a shaman, so I don't know the state of them, but priests have been thoroughly abused in this expansion

• wow.pwns111wow.pwns111 Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by Exostotic

If you want to pvp, then do not be a priest!  Just check out the blizzard priest forums. Priests suck in pvp now. Priests suck in general. I dont have a shaman, so I don't know the state of them, but priests have been thoroughly abused in this expansion

Everyone is claiming that their class is useless right now. All healers especially. The truth is Priests are fine, I have one at level 78 and while healing is very different now priests in no way suck.... Also with the next patch were getting lots of buffs.

"We have barred the gates, but can not hold them for long...
    They have taken the Bridge and the Second Hall...
    We can not get out. The end comes.
    Drums, drums in the deep. They are coming..."

• IcarumbaIcarumba Member UncommonPosts: 50

Yeah, everyone is complaining about healing in this game, regardless of class. My main is a priest, and they heal just fine (if not great), but it's much harder than it was in WoTLK. You have to use your brain when you heal this time around, which is a nice change. Disc priests used to be great in PvP until Cata, and now they really do have issues, but upcoming class changes should fix them to a nice state.

Anyway, pick the class you like to play. By the time you're level 85, things should be fairly balanced out in the game. Priests are my favorite class in the game, I encourage you to try one - their healing is very fun since you have options for every situation the game spits at you. Plus, if you like healing, they're the only class in the game to have two talent trees dedicated to healing, and each one plays very differently.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!i would say shaman!more forgiving a class ,priest is fun but can be frustrating it take more skill then a shaman

ps:i read the post after me!i have a feral druid and only one fact make them op its the fact bleed doesnt have a dispell,i have a sugestion for that!

blizzard should add a mecanic to the heal tape,like this:stop bleed for the duration of the tape so if tape last full 8 second the bleed is dispelled !

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

shamans are good for healing in PVP with thier chain heal, you target one player and the heal jumps to the next 2 players closest. shaman also has a totem that pulses and that will remove fear off any player near it (tremor totem) they also get temp elemental pets that are pretty bad ass 10 min cd tho. shaman offers 3 different playstyles where preist offers 2. my shaman is enhancement (melee) enjoy playing him alot.

and there is also the druids wich are freaking OP in PVP, and they can do anything and everything, Tank,Melee dps,caster dps or healer. and i mean OP as a healer in PVP they can stack 3 or 4 different heals on players.

also there is holy specced Palidins wich are REALLY hard to kill in pvp when i use to pvp i use to see them trailing 3-4 people beating on them trying to kill them. plate wearing healers suck to try and kill

• ZoleZole Member UncommonPosts: 8

I think a leg up Shamans have in dungeons right now,  over priests, is their crowd control ability.

Hexing, and Locking down elementals. These two abilities are widely used through most 5 mans.

Priests have Shackle undead, which only works in 1 (SFK off the top of my head) and Mind Control (Which I have found unreliable.

Shamans in my guild are able to CC two targets and still maintain top dps or keep the party alive, making them very valuable in 5 mans.

• MimiEZMimiEZ Member Posts: 225

I'm leveling a shaman through dungeon finder, and people love me. Everyone cheers "Yay a shaman healer!" Why, because shamans are the best low level healers right now, and over time people will prefer Shamans over other healers because of low level experience. I noticed every other healer has a horrible time balancing mana. If you want relaxed healing you play a shaman and use earth shield, if you want more active healing you don't use earth shield.

PVP wise, both shadow priest and elemental shaman are good.

-I want a Platformer MMO

can a druid class tank and do dps at the same time as healing? or is it like different transform?

cos if they can, they wud prob be the best to what i am hearing, but shamans do sound good

Currently Playing:

• khm3rthugkhm3rthug Member UncommonPosts: 43

You can only have one talent tree active at a time.  Say your druid is tank and healer spec.  You would be able to effectively tank in tank spec but not heal as well and vice versa.

from what ive gotten, shamans r good for pvp and pve. also hold their mana easy and have good crowd control,

what is the 30yards from the totems like on shamans? is 30yards far? so isit just enoying laying totems down everytime u move 10steps?

Currently Playing:

• ciomi76ciomi76 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Priest has big issues with mana now , discipline is a crap treee and overall is considered the worst healer out there .

Shaman gor major improvement , as mele shamy (enhamcement tree) you can hit like a truck and survive quite fine actualy is prety op . The healing shamy on the other hand is the real op one , the second best healer after paly . The magic shamy (elemental tree) is kinda mehh.

Overall shamy is a much beter class then priest at the moment

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

For pvp, Shaman all the way. Priests have been pretty bad this arena season. There are some buffs on the way for them on the PTR but evem with those buffs priests will still be the least effective pvp healer.

For pve, the two are much closer. Every raid will want a resto shaman for mana tide while holy priests are great raid healers. Still, play both and decide what you like best.