Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCUO @ D2D can pre-load now

RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

If you bought DCUO at D2D you can pre-load now.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• izzadizzadizzadizzad Member Posts: 33

Same goes for steam, if you preordered @ steam you can find the DCUO client in steam/steamApps/common/dc universe online/Launchpad.exe.

By klicking launchpad you will load DCUO and it will download game patches.

You can also select which region you want to be playing on, US/ Europe.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Its a 12 GB download so start now and be ready for Tuesday morning. 

-Robert E. Howard

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

So, just to confirm...the beta PC client is completely useless then?  I wonder how much patching we will have to do after the CD install :/

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

As cool as it would be to have it now, I will wait for my statue.

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55

D2d started offering the dcuo patcher yesterday or the day before. They let ya download the patcher....then SoE lets ya download the 12g game. As far as I know there shouldnt be a patch unless you are getting a hard copy or somehow have the client and just have not ran it.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Yeah i downloaded it  sunday. When do we get the activation codes though? When we sub?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• GreenLanternFanGreenLanternFan Member Posts: 374

I find this to be the biggest boneheaded move by SOE. They are launching the servers at 10am EST, Tuesday morning. Most retail stores don't open til then. This means that anyone that wants to jump into the game immediately is going to ditch their retail preorder for a digital download. I would imagine there are going to be loads of people that will do this, myself included. I already know of several. Those sticking with their retail copy will be looking at getting into the game possibly several hours after those that purchased the digital download.

To further add to SOE's blunder is the fact that none of those offering the digital download, are offering a Collector's Edition version of the game. So, those of us, including myself that had preordered a Collector's Edition from a retail store will be giving that up for a copy of the game that costs half the price! You do the math. Not a wise move by a company looking to make money along with happy customers.

I cannot fathom for the life of me why MMO companies seem to continue to make brainless decisions like this. Who are the morons pulling the strings when it comes to making these decisions, geesh! I need to apply for a job at one of these companies. I should be able to move up the corporate ladder in no time!

Your fail comment, failed.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by Leethe

Yeah i downloaded it  sunday. When do we get the activation codes though? When we sub?

Yes

-Robert E. Howard

• lcolpaslcolpas Member Posts: 1

any link for the client download?  I dont have d2d.

:-(

• nuk3meisternuk3meister Member UncommonPosts: 41

Kudos to Learner from www.dcuosource.com. That is where I got the link from.

http://www.4shared.com/file/x_bqHaEb/DCUO_setup.html

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

I purchased thegame through D2D and the file is unavailable.

Not happy.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I bought through steam... started at midnight Tuesday... it's 10am and I have about another 12 hours :(

My connection sucks.

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

D2D is a festering, steaming pile of crap. Pre-loaded the game and have been sitting here waiting for the activation key all morning. Contacted them and they gave me the old, "Not our problem, it has been sent and its most likely a problem with your e-mail".

Going to go buy it from a reputable store, had enough of D2D and their lack of support.

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by hayes303

D2D is a festering, steaming pile of crap. Pre-loaded the game and have been sitting here waiting for the activation key all morning. Contacted them and they gave me the old, "Not our problem, it has been sent and its most likely a problem with your e-mail".

Going to go buy it from a reputable store, had enough of D2D and their lack of support.

You get the key when you go to your account page and click my games and then click either send info or download next tothe game you bought. Then they send you an email with they key.

They don't just send you the key one the day of release.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

People actually are going to buy this game? Guess people will buy anything. Now a days. I tried the game, thought it was fairly boring and generic and not worth a purchaise.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.