Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game still Alive?

Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325
Hows is this game now? Anyone Active in this forum?

Comments

• RadiationStormRadiationStorm Member Posts: 120

No replies, think that answers your question. ::::02::

So what?! It's not the official forum for any of these games but still there is some chatter going on. That's the point of this site, informing gamers and stimulating their interest in various MMORPG's. The fact he got no replies in two days and the one he did are in response to my -slightly provocative- post don't really flatter the game or community as such don't you think?

By the way I'm not even bashing NC2 here I just thought it was funny. ::::01::

Originally posted by beatbox
    Originally posted by sposocke
    No replies, think that answers your question. That is the most stupid post i have read on this board since i registered.

Well, then you haven't read too many posts here!

Hah, then you've simply failed to appreciate my wit and I'm not ashamed either! You wanna make me?? ::::01::

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82

Neocron is pretty much dead compared to other games although i hear the international release is going to magically save it and get loads of new people in .. but o wait i thought DoY was ment to do that but it got delayed, then delayed then delayed some more then it came out 2 years later but it sucked and practically made the game worse bring back loads of bugs which where "fixed" before. It dont matter tho because this time for sure KK will fix everything and add the content they promised because they said so! Too bad its about 3 years late.

Yep, that's what I heard too, the DoY fiasco.

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by 01Neptune01

Neocron is pretty much dead compared to other games although i hear the international release is going to magically save it and get loads of new people in .. but o wait i thought DoY was ment to do that but it got delayed, then delayed then delayed some more then it came out 2 years later but it sucked and practically made the game worse bring back loads of bugs which where "fixed" before. It dont matter tho because this time for sure KK will fix everything and add the content they promised because they said so! Too bad its about 3 years late.

Thats cause they think strapping on Atari's name is going to be their saving grace.

Reality Check: Atari is monitoring everything that is going on with NC, and watch the reviews and community response to it.

My predicition, I anticipate that either Atari will drop them, or it will be released as a budget MMORPG, cause REALLY.. thats all NC2 is worth. No need to go into details cause the bugs (oops), and dated graphics (oops), and lack of content (damn it, I said I wouldn't mention them) will prove it. The game won't even sell well in the stores, since people can download it cheaper than paying retail. Only the FANBOIz (which I was.. ONCE upon a time back in NC).

And International Release is big ass joke.. What they are saying and promising is the same BS they fed to the community for nearly 1 a year about the NC expansion , only later to screw their customers over by saying "No Expansion, but here's NC2 and its better". It wasn't!

NC2 != New game | NC2 = NC1+"Rushed and GLORIFED" patch

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

The WWIIO board on mmorog.com is dead but WWIIO is alive and kicking. Why must you judge the pop of a game on unofficial boards.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82

I'm not going on these boards, my friend still play's neocron and he says the server's only ever reach about 200-300 people on at a time and there aint even many servers. You might say "Well if theres still people playing at cant be dead" but this is the amount of people who have always played neocron no more no less. I's say compared to other games this ones pretty much dead or its heading that way (if you wanna use the term dead as in no one plays at all).

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

Ok guys. Its not a stretch to think that if these boards are dead the game might be. What about the millions of WoW and EQ forum boards that arent official?  If there are enough active people who love the game, they will want to talk about it.

Beatbox, no one was trolling with the topic title. Its a valid question that has been asked before. Check the Shadowbane threads or the UO threads.

300-400 people at peak on 4-5 servers isnt really massive, imho.

• freebassxfreebassx Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by superhero13
    Ok guys. Its not a stretch to think that if these boards are dead the game might be. What about the millions of WoW and EQ forum boards that arent official? If there are enough active people who love the game, they will want to talk about it.
    Beatbox, no one was trolling with the topic title. Its a valid question that has been asked before. Check the Shadowbane threads or the UO threads.
    300-400 people at peak on 4-5 servers isnt really massive, imho.

In all honesty, about the server loads, here is what I can tell you being a long-time player of NC.

Back when I joined about 2 months after NC went retail, the server populations on Pluto where just 600+ during primetime, and during non-primetime it was about 300+. I know it doesn't seem like much, but due to the lack of map size, it was enough to support the map. The other servers were quite popular and their numbers either matched that of Pluto or were a bit higher.

Now, the populations on Terra, is that of what remains off the 3 x English NC servers. Pretty bad eh...

All I can tell you, just evade the game at all costs.. you don't need the level of frustration and dissatisfaction it will bring you.

Yea, superhero and that's why I said what I did. I mean the guy asks a simple question and doesn't get an answer within two days, what's that supposed to tell him?! The fact we end up debating about 'how dead' NC really is and what can be considered 'dead' as such will do just aswell in answering his question.

Kiamde, like I said it was meant to be ironic not foremost to bash this game. I play(ed) WW2ol myself so I can tell you they had similar problems with actually making the game 'massive' but it netherless can be considered 'alive'. They got a new release coming up, which is basically the original game, but a lot has changed so it plays very much different now compared to the original release. I'm not too fond of the flightmodel audit and some other spawning decisions they made but overall I think it'll appeal to a broader audience than it used to. Think the main difference is that it's in a league of it's own, it is a good game and all but there were some tight situations over the years and if there had been any sort of competition it might not have survived, but it did. NC on the other hand just can't be considered that fortunate, embedded in a market with a lot of competition and where bad developing decisions cost them twice as hard.

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

i usually check out this section of the site, however with playing matrix online, having account problems with neocron and directx 9c not installing so i cant reactivate my SWG account ive not had much time to check here.

if you played NC2 at all then the population is pretty much the same.

if you are thinking of returning id wait and see what they bring with the international release(if anything)

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by sposocke
    No replies, think that answers your question. That is the most stupid post i have read on this board since i registered.

Nice, there had been barely any posts in the last few months, no news about the game out on the internet, the guy asks a simple question and you are presumptous and arrogant.
  • demon-surgedemon-surge Member Posts: 67

its dead.

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

That's like asking for windows troubleshooting on a macintosh forum and getting to the conclusion that windows is dead because nobody will reply ...... lighten up doofus

No it isn't, it's like asking about Windows on a "Talk about Windows" forum and when nobody replies concluding that Windows is dead.

Neocron isn't dead but the community is quite small (very small by the standards of many MMOS), so you aren't going to get many replies anywhere other than the official forum, but this isn't really a problem as Neocron works quite well with a small community. So long as you have 200 on a server it's fine. If you have never played it then the free trial is worth a go because it is at heart a decent game (you just get frustrated when you play it for too long).

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

Well I had a post,.its was full of crap seeing how this whole thread is crap,.But thx for the feedback I might jump back in to NC

• _YA5__YA5_ Member Posts: 4

Look here:

http://cp.neocron.com/5/patchnotes?lang=de&id=113&

I think u ll see the Gamie is Alive  ... image

• Aarni_JoakimAarni_Joakim Member Posts: 9

I think it is sad that so many ppl have left nc :( I just tried out the trial to see what the game is like at the moment. I used to play the game actively.

• KazmirKazmir Member Posts: 7

The game is still very much alive. They've started advertising lately and there's quite a few new players coming. They've also picked up the pace with patches and fixed some of the more annoying bugs.

• Aarni_JoakimAarni_Joakim Member Posts: 9

Yeah I noticed the new patch really had some nice amount of content in it.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    I beta'd NC2 very early on and I had the highest of hopes for it being a Shadowrun fan. I dig the guns n cyberpunk theme. Glad to see that it still has fans and people working on the game and the screens look better than ever image

• DztructionUKDztructionUK Member Posts: 33

hmmmm.. i distintly remember beatbox ragging on neocron loads back when nc1 was about and calling everyone fanbois, looks like the shoes on the other foot lol.. i played nc1 and thought it was a very enjoyable game, however coming back to nc and finding nc2 frankly made me want to vomit... my findings were that the games propulation (on the english server atleast) is far less than what it used to be on saturn alone (yes im aware neocron itself isnt the trade center is was and now everyone uses tech haven) and the new character models are pretty much an eyeswore, the differences between nc and nc2 are no where near what you would expect them to be considering they are supposed to be two different games, its pretty much a flawed expansion pack....

... im sure theres somone who enjoys it tho...

in short the game is dead.

gank gank gank gank gank...