Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

population of the servers

id like to know which european server has biggest population btw im playin f2p client

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by dpdgms

id like to know which european server has biggest population btw im playin f2p client

Pretty sure thats Belegaer.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Rocketeer

^ This.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• dpdgmsdpdgms Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Benthon

^ This.

but thing is ive noticed it says de-rp server so its basic german community players, i dont understand german language, they should make two big f2p servers for english and german communities

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by Benthon

^ This.

but thing is ive noticed it says de-rp server so its basic german community players, i dont understand german language, they should make two big f2p servers for english and german communities

Wait you mean like making a forced chartransfer to a new server? Or prevent people from rolling their char on the server of their choice? Why would they do that? Just so you can stand in a 4 hour queue everytime you try to login? No offense dude, but not all of us like sitting in queues.

Edit: I think Laurelin is also quite big.

• bandontcarebandontcare Member Posts: 72

I hear Snowbourne is the most populated English server. I have never played there though. Withywindle <3

• ZilverrugZilverrug Member Posts: 132

The list of too busy English language servers CM published some time ago, started with Snowbourne and Laurelin.

Both are very populated, but also "old" servers, containing many veterans.

I can imagine the new servers are busier in the lower level areas than either Snowbourne or Laurelin.

• dpdgmsdpdgms Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Zilverrug

The list of too busy English language servers CM published some time ago, started with Snowbourne and Laurelin.

Both are very populated, but also "old" servers, containing many veterans.

I can imagine the new servers are busier in the lower level areas than either Snowbourne or Laurelin.

ure right

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

If you want a well established community with plenty of Kinships and a good population i'd say Laurelin without a doubt. Veteren players and high level characters still venture into the starting areas so they aren't empty.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Decided to return to Laurelin after a 3 year absence, made a new character there and its been pretty busy, lots of people around in the starter areas and lots of calls on LFF for the lvl 20-30 instances. So far its looking very healthy and this has been over the xmas period.

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

as new player should I pick Snowbourne or what?

Originally posted by Thelow

as new player should I pick Snowbourne or what?

I'd pick Laurelin if i were you. I've got high level characters on laurelin, but i also started a Warden the other day and there were plenty of people still running around the starter areas and Bree and other centres are always busy.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Word is that Gilrain have become very high populated since F2P which would mean that there are more low level players unlike Snobourne and Laurelin whoch are top heavy. Laurelin also is the offical RP server so the community there can be a bit... special :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

I dont want to play in RP server, so what I should pick

Originally posted by Thelow

I dont want to play in RP server, so what I should pick

Even though Laurelin is a designated RP server players don't tend to RP unless by consent or agreement within kinships and fellowships. People i group with for quests who i don't know don't tend to RP. I don't think you'd see much difference between Laurelin and other servers in terms of RP. At the end of the day though LOTRO is a lore rich world which lends itself to RP. If you don't enjoy RP then maybe LOTRO isn't for you and you should try a more pure gaming experience like WoW.

Picked Snowbourne, or it most populated non-RP server in EU