Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst mmorpg AD ever (I'll never even consider trying this game now)

sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I had to actually click that to check if it's not a joke. I can't believe MMORPG.COM let them host this kind of AD on their site...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

... ... ... ... ... ... ...

you're just being ....

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

So you're not going to consider a game because they made a joke about the genre's frontrunner? Sounds like someone never had any intention on playing RIFT in the first place and just wanted a reason to troll the game and start their own thread.

• RomeuFCRRomeuFCR Member Posts: 58

Sorry, but you can't honestly be serious about this so I'm calling this a bait thread to generate more flaming on Rift.

Playing:

RIFT, EU Blightweald Server

Waiting to see:

ToR, TERA, GW2

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The "I'm going to kick your butt" ad for some random f2p game was far worse.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

You wont play a game because of an ad... a few words? ... Absolutely ridiculous what some people come up with.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Is that the first advert you have ever seen? I've seen a whole lot worse. I think this is just an excuse to hate on a game.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Its not that big of a deal. It is pretty funny that they are compairing themselves to a game they copied. Especially, when WoW is so much better...

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• imanorcimanorc Member Posts: 41

I saw the Rift ad on tv.   Is it the "Azeroth" thing that irks you?    Is that from Everquest  or something?

• NaxriusNaxrius Member Posts: 62

Its not wort playing, ive played the beta its the same old shit but with RIFTS and souls , Rifts will get boring as shit souls are pretty cool besides that its no different than any other mmo.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Well is it true?

• maxebornmaxeborn Member Posts: 148

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

I dont see an ad here at all.....I see a comic bit take, not intended to influence ones buying power in any way.....What am I missing?

I'm thrilled it had such an effect on you....your destined for higher things my friend, HIGHER THINGS!!!

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

There seem to be a common trend in games that make fun of other MMORPGS in that they all tend to flop.

• wisesquirrelwisesquirrel Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by stringboi

I dont see an ad here at all.....I see a comic bit take, not intended to influence ones buying power in any way.....What am I missing?

I'm thrilled it had such an effect on you....your destined for higher things my friend, HIGHER THINGS!!!

I too believe he will become a higher being, for this man has amde my day.

Everybody wish the OP luck so he becomes stronger than ever (Like the cliackable dragon eggs).

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

nvm I had to scroll lol.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by pl3dge

You wont play a game because of an ad... a few words? ... Absolutely ridiculous what some people come up with.

I completely agree that in this case you are right. . BUT

An ad can give you insight into a company and what their ethics and future development might be like.  If I met you on the street and said FU to your face. . that is only two words but I would bet that would pretty much let you know what kind of person I am.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Gameloading

There seem to be a common trend in games that make fun of other MMORPGS in that they all tend to flop.

basically every MMO that isn't wow flopped so your guess is correct however logic flawed

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by RomeuFCR

Sorry, but you can't honestly be serious about this so I'm calling this a bait thread to generate more flaming on Rift.

haha kind of funny considering it was a bait ad.

• black_ifritblack_ifrit Member Posts: 45

I have to say im glad the OP isnt going to play rift the less WoW fans that play the better. Im not talking about the WoW fans that played it and liked it but also are willing to give othere mmo's a chance.Im talking about the ones that will hate on a game without even trying just because they think WoW is the only game that should be played, honestly i love the game i pre-ordered the game and cant wait to play again. I hope more people give it a try and not judge it based on a joke a game made against WoW.

• japojapo Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by maxeborn

basically every MMO that isn't wow flopped so your guess is correct however logic flawed

What a limited view you have.  So...everything that is not #1 is a fail? 

Talk about flawed logic.

But...back on topic...many many companies mention their competitor in ads....sometimes with a lot of disrespect (Mac v PC), but this was pretty harmless.

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

Seriously? I really don't see the big deal in what some people are trying to make this out to be. Its a minor comical bit. If this trully impacts someone in a major dramatic way, they probably really have nothing else going on in their life. Those type of people tend to over react to anything and everything to the point of absurdity.

Originally posted by japo

Originally posted by maxeborn

What a limited view you have.  So...everything that is not #1 is a fail? 

Talk about flawed logic.

But...back on topic...many many companies mention their competitor in ads....sometimes with a lot of disrespect (Mac v PC), but this was pretty harmless.

please enlighten me as to one major mmo release since WOW that increased sub numbers since launch (not eve)