Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are the spell icons so ugly?

Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Like teens did them?

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Actually a group of french kindergartners made them. They won a contest and got a free ice cream day. Good times were had by all!

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by Copeland
    Actually a group of french kindergartners made them. They won a contest and got a free ice cream day. Good times were had by all!
    LOL! Can someone post a screenshot with spell icons on them? Its been awhile since I fired up ol' Ryzom

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • ImeteakImeteak Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Edward78
    Like teens did them?
    i've seen a lot of action icons being renewed recently

-

• KibsKibs Member Posts: 411

hmm never really had a problem with them myself, but each to their own I guess :)

-kibsy

-----------------

Kibs

Playing: The Saga of Ryzom since march 2004

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

Originally posted by gargantroo

Originally posted by Copeland

LOL! Can someone post a screenshot with spell icons on them? Its been awhile since I fired up ol' Ryzom

edit: after reading your post I was wondering if you meant the action icons in the hands bar and not the actual graphics that the toon displays when casting so here is a pic of the hands bar.

This is a screen shot of poison, not the best screenie in the world. I'll try to find a better one as I search through the hundreds of screenies I got.

• triprechtriprech Member Posts: 5

Actually, I find the spell icons to be simple and therefore very usable.

If you want super fancy icons, they become less effective in the heat of battle.

I'll take easily identifiable icons any day - what i want in animation, however is nice graphics with smooth flow of action.

Except for the rot spell, which uses quite unsatisfactory graphics and animation, the spells are great!

Trip

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Nice screen there.
    The icons are quite simple, but better then other icons because you can edit the icons.
    You can't do that in WoW, Eq2 or guildwars, those are all static.