Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick question about Incursion

Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Ok i recently subbed back to eve last month thinking Incursion would be out soon.. I played for prolly 2 weeks then got bored and went back to just logging in to update my skills... So now i have a few questions on the state of the game and the incursion update.. These can prolly all be googled or something im sure but i'd like to get the opinions of others who are actually playing the game and not CCP itself..

First off, is Incursion released yet? I noticed last time i logged in i had to download a pretty big update idk if it was incursion or not..

Second, with incursion what is the changes on the PvE? I heard that incursion will be adding like group PvE elements and random encounters or something? Or was that just a rumor? Has there been anything done to PvE at all with this patch? My #1 problem was the lack of entertaining quests to do so i was banking on incursion to change this.

Third, have the latency issues been fixed? EvE ALWAYS caused me to lag randomly.. Sometimes it'd take me 30minutes just to make it onto my character and past the log in screen.. Then later that day the log would stop and i'd be able to play EvE in peace on all high resolution.. It was not very consistent with its performance and this is probably the second reason i quit playing.. I'am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Nvidia 9500GS Graphics card..

Fourth, has the new avatar thing be implemented yet? Or is that comeing out with incarna?

And fith i got a email offering 5 days for free, do i need my CC to get this offer? And i also got a email about learning skills being scrapped (cant say im happy as i spent the last month of my sub queing up advanced learning skills) so can i use those SPs on something else and will they add into that skill instantly w/o que time? And now without learning skills do all the skills que up at the same speed now?

Thank you for anyone who can help answer these questions for me.. And if Incursion is indeed out right now anymore info on the new features that came with it would be apreciated!

Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

See here for the Incursion release schedule: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=814

The latency issues you describe sound more like a problem with your ISP than with the game. What you describe is not normal. Do a tracert?

The 5 days free thing is over now I think, but you can get the 5 days without paying anything. If you want to take advantage of the 60 days for 20 euros/dollars thing, yeah you need a credit or debit card. Or you can use PLEX normally, you just dont get any special deal.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by Hellfyre420
    First off, is Incursion released yet?
    Incursion 1.0.0 was released today (Nov 30). There are 2 other big feature updates scheduled for Dec 14 and January. This has more details - Dev Blog: Incursion Release Date.

Second, with incursion what is the changes on the PvE?
    The "incursion" feature is being released in January. You can read about how its supposed to work here - Dev Blog: The Nation Strikes Back.

I haven't been involved with any incursion combat fleets on the test server but I did explore the different sites. They definitely will require group effort to complete (not to mention doing enough to reclaim a whole system). The goals at each site are varied and refreshing including moving refugees from habitats to transports, sabotaging Sansha mining outposts, hacking data centers, etc. The new Sansha "Incursion" NPC are new too - with stats and roles approaching that of T2 player ships in some cases. Don't expect to fight incursions alone and live.

The biggest criticism so far (as much as one can make before its released) is how well players will come together to defend a system a system an how accessible incursion content will be to newer players. You'll have to get more info from others who have tested the Incursion feature better.

Third, have the latency issues been fixed?
    Your lag issue doesn't seem to be due to EVE itself. 30 minutes to log in is ridiculous by any measure (I can login in 1 minute over a 64k mobile connection in the middle of nowhere). If you find that the lag happens around the same time of day I would suggest checking that your virus scanner/disk defragmentor/etc isn't running at this time. Also check that there are no heavy downloads happening on your network. Periodic sluggish graphics performance and crashes could also be a sign of hardware failure (especially if its been on enough to get hot).

Fourth, has the new avatar thing be implemented yet? Or is that comeing out with incarna?
    The new avatar system is coming in the Incursion feature patch in January. Every current and new character will have the option of recreating their avatar with the new system. After a month it will be mandatory.

And fith i got a email offering 5 days for free, do i need my CC to get this offer? And i also got a email about learning skills being scrapped..
    You do not need a credit card to use the 5 day offer.

If you trained the learning skills up you are actually better off even with them being removed. As long as you gained levels in them you still made SP at a higher rate. You will be able to reallocate these extra SP to other skills instantly (full levels or partial) or save them for future use. Skills still train at the speed determined by your attributes but everyone will have 12 extra in each (slightly better then having all Advanced Learning skill at max, ignoring implants) so everything will train faster overall.

//insert sig here
  • NeerDoWellNeerDoWell Member Posts: 184

Originally posted by Nu11u5

First off, is Incursion released yet?

Incursion 1.0.0 was released today (Nov 30). There are 2 other big feature updates scheduled for Dec 14 and January. This has more details - Dev Blog: Incursion Release Date.

Second, with incursion what is the changes on the PvE?

The "incursion" feature is being released in January. You can read about how its supposed to work here - Dev Blog: The Nation Strikes Back.

I haven't been involved with any incursion combat fleets on the test server but I did explore the different sites. They definitely will require group effort to complete (not to mention doing enough to reclaim a whole system). The goals at each site are varied and refreshing including moving refugees from habitats to transports, sabotaging Sansha mining outposts, hacking data centers, etc. The new Sansha "Incursion" NPC are new too - with stats and roles approaching that of T2 player ships in some cases. Don't expect to fight incursions alone and live.

The biggest criticism so far (as much as one can make before its released) is how well players will come together to defend a system a system an how accessible incursion content will be to newer players. You'll have to get more info from others who have tested the Incursion feature better.

Third, have the latency issues been fixed?

Your lag issue doesn't seem to be due to EVE itself. 30 minutes to log in is ridiculous by any measure (I can login in 1 minute over a 64k mobile connection in the middle of nowhere). If you find that the lag happens around the same time of day I would suggest checking that your virus scanner/disk defragmentor/etc isn't running at this time. Also check that there are no heavy downloads happening on your network. Periodic sluggish graphics performance and crashes could also be a sign of hardware failure (especially if its been on enough to get hot).

The new avatar system is coming in the Incursion feature patch in January. Every current and new character will have the option of recreating their avatar with the new system. After a month it will be mandatory.

And fith i got a email offering 5 days for free, do i need my CC to get this offer? And i also got a email about learning skills being scrapped..

You do not need a credit card to use the 5 day offer.

If you trained the learning skills up you are actually better off even with them being removed. As long as you gained levels in them you still made SP at a higher rate. You will be able to reallocate these extra SP to other skills instantly (full levels or partial) or save them for future use. Skills still train at the speed determined by your attributes but everyone will have 12 extra in each (slightly better then having all Advanced Learning skill at max, ignoring implants) so everything will train faster overall.

It's actually slightly worse. All learning to 5 gives you 12.3 to each stat where this will only proved 12. Although with the refunding the SP the .3 wont matter because it will take you MEGAYEARS to make up the difference of the something like 5 mil sp for maxed learning skills. 

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG” - Bill Gates

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

Originally posted by NeerDoWell
    It's actually slightly worse. All learning to 5 gives you 12.3 to each stat where this will only proved 12. Although with the refunding the SP the .3 wont matter because it will take you MEGAYEARS to make up the difference of the something like 5 mil sp for maxed learning skills. 

If I understand it correctly the 0.3 SP only come into play if you had maxed the point allocation in any attribute (which can only be done for 1) and lvl 5 implants. Over all a tiny amount that, as said, would take around 8 years to become a deficit when you consider that you are also getting over 5M SP back up front.

//insert sig here
  • Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Well i'am excited to say the lease.. I'am gonna wait till the 14th then it's time to resub! I just got enough SP to be able to fly a Domi in T2 fittings before i last unsubbed.. But i'am only down to like 20million isk because i bought several advanced learning skill books.. Which i now know i won't be reimbursed for and even if i logged in now to inject them and learn them i wouldnt have that much skill points out of it before the 14th so i'll just hold off..

Has anyone done the incursions yet?? But yeah.. I'am craveing EvE.. Last time i subbed was about 3months ago and that's because CCP told us Incursion was comeing that month.. Now that it's here i defiantly have to check it out.. Only thing i'am really disapointed about is hearing that the new avatars are gonna be implemented in January and not this new patch.. But whatever i can be patient.. I like how my guy looks hehe :)

Currently Playing:

Well i'am excited to say the lease.. I'am gonna wait till the 14th then it's time to resub! I just got enough SP to be able to fly a Domi in T2 fittings before i last unsubbed.. But i'am only down to like 20million isk because i bought several advanced learning skill books.. Which i now know i won't be reimbursed for and even if i logged in now to inject them and learn them i wouldnt have that much skill points out of it before the 14th so i'll just hold off..

Has anyone done the incursions yet?? But yeah.. I'am craveing EvE.. Last time i subbed was about 3months ago and that's because CCP told us Incursion was comeing that month.. Now that it's here i defiantly have to check it out.. Only thing i'am really disapointed about is hearing that the new avatars are gonna be implemented in January and not this new patch.. But whatever i can be patient.. I like how my guy looks hehe :)

The actual incursions dont start until January. CCP released the bugfix part of the expansion first. The Sansha Invasion part wasn't ready, so it has been pushed back a few weeks.

Note that Incursions are not solo content. You WILL need a corp or other group. You'll probably also want more than 20 million ISk in your warchest as well, since you're not gauranteed a reward for attempting to defeat an Incursion (the rats have no bounty and drop minimal loot), you only get anything if you succeed. I would advise building up some ISK and assets, and finding a corp that intends to focus on the Incursion content.

Note also that the top tier incursions will be in lo-sec.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

This should apply to your situation.

• All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

Originally posted by Orphes

• All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.

Ok well looks like i'll need to sub today or tommarow to inject all those expensive learning skills i have..

This time i'am gonna be relentless about finding a good corp.. I know i don't have enough isk to move into low or nulsec but i'd still like to join a corp thats active in worm holes and scanning and stuff.. But i'am disapointed the incursions themselves wont be ready till january... >.>

Currently Playing:

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

<>

This time i'am gonna be relentless about finding a good corp.. I know i don't have enough isk to move into low or nulsec but i'd still like to join a corp thats active in worm holes and scanning and stuff.. But i'am disapointed the incursions themselves wont be ready till january... >.>

PM'ing you with info on the perfect corp to join. 

Ok well looks like i'll need to sub today or tommarow to inject all those expensive learning skills i have..

Read it again. Injecting them is precisely what you dont want to do.

Dont inject them = get ISK refunded

Injecting them = no ISK refunded.

Thanks for answering my questions y'all.. I decided to hold off on EvE for a bit longer but i plan on subbing either this month or feb so i can que up some skills and use all my learning sp.. Possibley fit my Domi with some T2's and get a little bit closer to my goal of 1bil isk (i know its not a lot to some but it has always been a goal of mine i never achived in EvE.)

But before i do has the incursions been added yet? I checked their website and havnt found any news or updates on it.. They are suppose to be included sometime this month? Meh, i havn't played a MMO in a few weeks and i'am really craveing EvE but i don't wanna sub till incursions come out.. Maybe kiss ass to my old corp i got booted from and do a few of them :)

Currently Playing:

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

The good features of this expansion have already been deployed.

Incursions will come later or something.

Originally posted by batolemaeus

Incursion is the main feature and the one that made this expansion worth mentioning.. I mean, its the name of the expansion..

What exactly "good" changes did they do besides get rid of learning SP? Did they add the new ships in ??

I guess i'll just hold off.. Main reason i wanted to resub is give the new form of PvE [incursions] a shot.. But if they arn't even implemented then it looks like i'll jus wait a few days for DCUO to come out.

Currently Playing:

Incursion is the main feature and the one that made this expansion worth mentioning.. I mean, its the name of the expansion..

No, it's just another pve feature camped on top of a stinking mess of abandoned pve features.

I, for one, am happy with the numerous small fixes that have been deployed already.

No, it's just another pve feature camped on top of a stinking mess of abandoned pve features.

I, for one, am happy with the numerous small fixes that have been deployed already.

Actually, yes, it is the main feature.. The expansion is named after it.. You're "numerous small fixes" are just that, small fixes..  I guess i'll just patiently wait for the introduction of incursions or possibley even the player potraits.. But i'am used to having things delayed from CCP so its whatever.

edit: nvm i found a nice part of eveonlines website with detailed info on the next release of incursion.. guess what i'am wanting is being released on the 18th..

Currently Playing:

I'm sorry but some soon to be abandoned pve feature can not compete with things like:

-Rockets have had an explosion velocity boost.

-In order to facilitate fleet fights, network timeout values have been increased substantially from eight minutes. This will allow users to successfully jump and/or log into extremely loaded solar systems where the client will need to wait a very long time to complete. The players will also receive more informative messages under these extreme circumstances.

-Repeating modules will no longer get into a “stuck” state, where they cannot be switched off.

-A large amount of damage and effects states were being recalculated for every observer during fleet warps and mass jumps. This process is now much more efficient.

-The Ships section of the market has been reorganized and is now primarily sorted by hull class. In addition, all faction and special release ships have been added to the market so you can now trade them there in addition to contracts.

-The EVE client is now resizable in Windowed mode, allowing the players to stretch their client over several monitors.

-A new option, “Horizontal offset” has been added to the settings menu. It allows the player to have all menus on one monitor and focus on his ship in another monitor.

-Microwarpdrives now have their own brand new icon.

-A “Volume” column has been added to the hangar view by default; “Category”, “Meta Level” and “Tech Level” have been added as optional columns.

-The order of options in right click menus has been changed and grouped to make it more consistent.

Actually, i could post the entire incursions patchlog.

The "main feature" is nothing special, just some marketing shiny that will go the way of cosmos/epic arcs/fw/w-space/0.0 cosmos/ et cetera.
    The fixes are what's great about this expansion after the horrible tyrannis and dominion screwups.

As I said, the reason to resub has already been deployed.

I'm sorry but some soon to be abandoned pve feature can not compete with things like:

-Rockets have had an explosion velocity boost.

-In order to facilitate fleet fights, network timeout values have been increased substantially from eight minutes. This will allow users to successfully jump and/or log into extremely loaded solar systems where the client will need to wait a very long time to complete. The players will also receive more informative messages under these extreme circumstances.

-Repeating modules will no longer get into a “stuck” state, where they cannot be switched off.

-A large amount of damage and effects states were being recalculated for every observer during fleet warps and mass jumps. This process is now much more efficient.

-The Ships section of the market has been reorganized and is now primarily sorted by hull class. In addition, all faction and special release ships have been added to the market so you can now trade them there in addition to contracts.

-The EVE client is now resizable in Windowed mode, allowing the players to stretch their client over several monitors.

-A new option, “Horizontal offset” has been added to the settings menu. It allows the player to have all menus on one monitor and focus on his ship in another monitor.

-Microwarpdrives now have their own brand new icon.

-A “Volume” column has been added to the hangar view by default; “Category”, “Meta Level” and “Tech Level” have been added as optional columns.

-The order of options in right click menus has been changed and grouped to make it more consistent.

Actually, i could post the entire incursions patchlog.

The "main feature" is nothing special, just some marketing shiny that will go the way of cosmos/epic arcs/fw/w-space/0.0 cosmos/ et cetera.

The fixes are what's great about this expansion after the horrible tyrannis and dominion screwups.

As I said, the reason to resub has already been deployed.

Well i ended up takeing you're advice and resubbing and i must say i'am impressed so far just with the performance of the game.. EvE ran pretty good last time i was playing it but i tended to have problems initially logging into the game especially when i left various loadout menues open last time i was on.. Game has loaded up flawlessly i visited jita and got no lag..

If it can sustain this then i'am already very pleased... Still excited to get my hands on the player creation thing on the 18th.

Currently Playing: