Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No goldseller, Why? Bcos you dont need gold in Lotro

The econmy in Lotro is very minimal scale especially when you turn to lv65, you dont need more gold. Because there is nothing can buy with gold. Whenever I got the bounty coin from skirmish, it makes me feel stupid or fooling around by Turbine developers. Because in skirmish solo mode, you dont get item XP, no slaying count outside the skirmish world, only these useless bounty coins. You see your gold increasing everyday but you can't spend your earning.

I think Lotro is designed with anti-farming mechanics and that is 2 sides effects, the good side is no gold sellers, the negative side is you don't need more gold.

I wish there would be more stuffs used by gold instead of the faction tokens or Lotro stores.

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I don't think I share your thoughts on the "no need for gold" part. In the past (before F2P that is), you needed certain rare items to craft 60+ stuff, and those were quite expensive.

I know with F2P, you can buy loads of gear with the skirmish tokens, but I'm uncertain if the old crafts with the rare items will become obsolete with it.

I do agree however that Turbine did a fine job with the anti-RMT thing dropping a lot of stuff in the skirmish barter shop.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Originally posted by Larry2298

Because in skirmish solo mode, you dont get item XP, no slaying count outside the skirmish world, only these useless bounty coins. You see your gold increasing everyday but you can't spend your earning.

I think Lotro is designed with anti-farming mechanics and that is 2 sides effects, the good side is no gold sellers, the negative side is you don't need more gold.

I wish there would be more stuffs used by gold instead of the faction tokens or Lotro stores.

Do you even play the game larry or you just make stuff up as you go along?

Just finished running the Rescue in the Rift skirmish solo (wanted to make sure I wasn't make this up)

1. No IXP, well lets see 173 IXP for normal mobs, 353 IXP for Lts, and I'll just copy paste the daily IXP reward for you "You've earned 4,682 item XP" so thats all wrong

2. No slaying count outside the Skirmish world... well considering I've gotten several Ered Luin, bree-land and other regular deeds for skirmishs going to have to say wrong on number 2. The mobs do count for any deeds in that area that you are doing the skirmish. Now if they don't  have a normal deed in the area of the skirmish that covers the mobs in the skirmish is a possibility. I don't think the Stand at Amun Sul has any Lone-land slayer deeds that cover it for example.

3. Nothing to spend your gold on. Well if you reach 65,  Get all of your non-instance gear made for you(the 65 skirmish gear is crap, not counting your 65 +25 rad armor sets as skirmish gear since they require at least some instance runs for the marks), all of your food and pots made for you, never get hit or die, get gifted your lvl 65 legendary Items/ crafting materials well then sure you don't have anything to spend it on. Of course for the most part that does put you in a nice category that I'd love to be in. Sure would make my life easier.

Sure over the course of a long long run I suppose once you get everything settled you could end up in the position where you don't need anymore gold, but more and likely at that point you will have reached the effective end to the advancement of that character. The lack of anything to spend gold on isn't the problem its the end of game content problem that all lvl based games i've played fell into, your character becomes finished its when most people either quit the game or roll a new character.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Nicoli

Because in skirmish solo mode, you dont get item XP, no slaying count outside the skirmish world, only these useless bounty coins. You see your gold increasing everyday but you can't spend your earning.

Do you even play the game larry or you just make stuff up as you go along?

I wonder as well as this isn't the 1st inaccuracy he's posted.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

The econmy in Lotro is very minimal scale especially when you turn to lv65, you dont need more gold. Because there is nothing can buy with gold. Whenever I got the bounty coin from skirmish, it makes me feel stupid or fooling around by Turbine developers. Because in skirmish solo mode, you dont get item XP, no slaying count outside the skirmish world, only these useless bounty coins. You see your gold increasing everyday but you can't spend your earning.

Becouse asians IP are blocked, at least in the european version, probably in the usa version too.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Larry, I think somehow you are missing a few things with this game.

The first was that you overlooked the money you make in skirmishes. Since your last post I've gone back to make sure that I indeed was getting what I claimed. I was getting from 299 to 312 silver and then on top of that one type of bounty that would be worth over 112 or so silver and antoher type that was variable, about 25 to 35 plus or so. My repairs have been 35 silver to 60 silver.

Secondly, after each mob kill you will notice that a certain amount of item experience is awarded. Each mob kill. If more is awarded at the end I cant' say because I don't pay attention to whether I get item xp at the end. But again, each mob, in solo mode, gives you item xp.

As far as what to use your gold on? that is up to you. I buy better second age weapons, spend money on things like dye and armor to be used cosmetically. I also spend it on healing and power potions.

I also spend money on the debuff potions such as fear or wound, etc. those come handing while grouping.

So there are things to spend money on.

I'm sure there must be gold sellers somewhere if you did an internet search. For me, the laid back economy is perfect.

edit: Just noticed that at the end of my skirmish I recieved  an additional 4,682 of item xp.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I know for a fact that people buy gold in LotRO .A friend of mine did and was cautioned. I think that in game you do not see much badgering like other games but the gold selling does exist.

Chamber of Chains
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I think everybody has hit on everything wrong with your post, OP, so I'll just provide my example.  I can tell you that people seem to find plenty to spend money on.  Being a supreme guilded cook, I sell anywhere from 500-1500 units of Mirkwood recipe food every week, which I use to buy new second age LI's, pots, oils, scrolls, also more space for my alts, more goods for my alts...

Despite my pulling in gold pretty quickly, I find that I have more than enough stuff I want to buy with it.  While it's not a high pressure economy where you have to spend every copper you have in order to level, there's still plenty to spend it on that makes life easier.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by Robsolf

I think everybody has hit on everything wrong with your post, OP, so I'll just provide my example.  I can tell you that people seem to find plenty to spend money on.  Being a supreme guilded cook, I sell anywhere from 500-1500 units of Mirkwood recipe food every week, which I use to buy new second age LI's, pots, oils, scrolls, also more space for my alts, more goods for my alts...

Despite my pulling in gold pretty quickly, I find that I have more than enough stuff I want to buy with it.  While it's not a high pressure economy where you have to spend every copper you have in order to level, there's still plenty to spend it on that makes life easier.

Why do you need so many 2nd Age LI´s ?? I tell you why , its because the legendary lottery system sucks and fails extremly.......

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Portland

Why do you need so many 2nd Age LI´s ?? I tell you why , its because the legendary lottery system sucks and fails extremly.......

heh I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that disagrees with you on that, including the devs. Hopefully when they get around to updating them in one of the next few updates they get rid of the lottery system alltogether

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

I left lotro years ago because Turbine did a huge nerf on player's stats, so now they are selling the stats they nerfed years ago befiore full map of Lothlorien . Each 10 point of stats cost you US$4.50, for 5 stats, you need US$22.50 Tier 1, and if you want Tier 4, it will cost you nearly 100 dollars. If you have 7 characters, it will cost you 700 dollars, plus share bank etc, it will cost you total USD 1,000 to play LOTRO.

This is why game gold become useless, which is very common in any F2P mmorpg. But Lotro ate out both F2P and P2P market, that's why their earning is tripled.

What the game gold can do? totally rusbish after reach max level, even I buy everything, however, I still make 6g each day. Besides, I have all vocations covering everything I need and all with kindred guild reputation. 

The legenday item xp is different from player xp, if you reach max level you still get xp but it transfer into item xp. What I am saying about skirmish was there is no reward specially to boost Legendary item. You just complete a short quest with XP. Anyhow, the skirmish is really bugged, just like the Last Home in Rivendell in the past, Turbine never fix the dread when you enter the house. It must be very challenging job for them taken 2 years to fix that simple bug.

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98

If you left the game, why do you care what they've done? You've started several of these rambling threads that are essentially pointless, since you don't play anymore.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

I left lotro years ago because Turbine did a huge nerf on player's stats, so now they are selling the stats they nerfed years ago befiore full map of Lothlorien . Each 10 point of stats cost you US$4.50, for 5 stats, you need US$22.50 Tier 1, and if you want Tier 4, it will cost you nearly 100 dollars. If you have 7 characters, it will cost you 700 dollars, plus share bank etc, it will cost you total USD 1,000 to play LOTRO.

This is why game gold become useless, which is very common in any F2P mmorpg. But Lotro ate out both F2P and P2P market, that's why their earning is tripled.

What the game gold can do? totally rusbish after reach max level, even I buy everything, however, I still make 6g each day. Besides, I have all vocations covering everything I need and all with kindred guild reputation. 

The legenday item xp is different from player xp, if you reach max level you still get xp but it transfer into item xp. What I am saying about skirmish was there is no reward specially to boost Legendary item. You just complete a short quest with XP. Anyhow, the skirmish is really bugged, just like the Last Home in Rivendell in the past, Turbine never fix the dread when you enter the house. It must be very challenging job for them taken 2 years to fix that simple bug.

Lets see lvl 65 I have full stat tomes up to tier 3, cost 0 dollars... why, because they have a chance to drop out of GB runs at lvl 31, 41, and 51. By the way they aren't really that necessary anyway in the grand scheme, I was running BG and dropping Lt with out them. As for the shared storage not really that needed, it is a convience thing you can easily do what my friend does and bounce stuff around on the mail system. which if you have so much gold floating around the costs shouldn't be a problem.

And Regular XP does not convert into IXP, when you do skirmishes, each skirmish has a daily quest that Grants you IXP for completing it. This quest does not show up on the tracker (it can't) but it does show up in the log. And for really bugged I've been able to consistantly complete every single skirmish I go into with out any issues. My Healer pet doesn't get stuck often because I understand from pretty much every game that has pets that they don't like to jump, be it up or down. Even happens in the elephant in the room WoW (always funny hearing about a raid wipe because some hunters pet took the long way around a drop.)

Now I'm making an assumtion that you have at least 7 characters and most are at lvl cap and most have done all the instances that you want to do with them. In which case congrats you have beaten LoTRO go find a different game. seriously that would put you at the point that any lvl based MMO has where you have effectively done everything you can to do. Go find a different game then till a new expansion pack is done.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

This thread is rapidly going from stupid to the barren lands beyond, no offense. Just for fun and giggles let me assume you are not a troll and try to pick up on that train of logic that kinda left the station without you:

1. You make a thread about how pointless gold is, ignoring consumables, weapons and things like bankspace that cost buckets of gold. Yes obviously there is a point where you are "done" advancing your character, once you have no need anymore to run skirmishes or raids and have the perfect LIs you won't need consumables or crafting mats, you essentially log on to wave "hi" to your friends, which obviously does not cost gold. That happens in every themepark based game.

2. You claim you have to pay lots of $ for tomes, tomes you can buy with GOLD in the ingame AH.

So what is it now? Gold is useless or gold can save you "hundreds" of dollar? While arguing both sides of an argument might make for a nice discussion it is customarily frowned upon for someone to do so by oneself.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

The reason why there is no need for gold spammers, is because all they do is destroy the player run economy in the first place. As far as saying you don't need gold at 65, well, that's your choice. Either way, you still need to pay upkeep for your house, if you want to get all the mounts available, that can lighten your pockets, and you can always use the excess gold to feed your lower level toons.

By the way, I don't know how your not seeing any item xp in skirmishes. I get plenty in there. So, either you don't pay attention to that, or your stuff is already at max level.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

This is quite common in most MMOs except the best designed ones. During levelling you are short on gold, which you need for skills and other character advancements. Once you reach level cap, gold is useless, NPCs keep giving you more and more gold but they offer you less and less services for gold. The only use gold has is to trade with clueless players that think MMO gold is equal to real life money. And now the F2P limits on free player trading pretty much nailed whatver remnants of gold based economy there was.

Gold is for nubs. Glad to see you matured.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by alakram

Becouse asians IP are blocked, at least in the european version, probably in the usa version too.

THIS!

Gold spam was really really bad in the first months after release. And I mean really bad!

Then they did  a "sertain change" about 5 months after release and the gold spamming instantly stopped. Never experienced it ever again.

Turbine and Codemasters never admitted they did an IP Ban for Asians. But we all know they did (due to some shady complaints appearing on forums directly after that). 

Originally posted by Portland

you don't.  They just tend to be pretty expensive.

That said, I don't disagree with you that the LI system needs work.  Items that practically litter the ground in Moria, that you sell to a vendor for 20-silver every 5 levels doesn't exactly scream "legendary", to me. 

But I was speaking to the OP's assertion that you don't need gold in LotRO.  Even LI's aside, there's still plenty to spend money on.

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309

there used to be gold spammers constantly in bree.  Evidently that stopped when the game went F2P?

Originally posted by vanderghast

there used to be gold spammers constantly in bree.  Evidently that stopped when the game went F2P?

In my past two years playing on Firefoot, I have NEVER seen a gold spammer.  Bree.  Rivendell.  ANYWHERE.

Originally posted by Tyrrhon

This is quite common in most MMOs except the best designed ones. During levelling you are short on gold, which you need for skills and other character advancements. Once you reach level cap, gold is useless, NPCs keep giving you more and more gold but they offer you less and less services for gold. The only use gold has is to trade with clueless players that think MMO gold is equal to real life money. And now the F2P limits on free player trading pretty much nailed whatver remnants of gold based economy there was.

Gold is for nubs. Glad to see you matured.

Take notice that you are no longer "short" on cash as your leveling. They fixed that so you would have more. Also, take notice again that skills and mounts (except the reputation mounts) cost less than they did a few years ago. Also, take into account that it was the player base themselves that asked for the monitary changes so a solution could be found to get rid of the gold spammers once and for all. So with your statement here, maybe you should rethink how you worded it.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by alakram

THIS!

Gold spam was really really bad in the first months after release. And I mean really bad!

Then they did  a "sertain change" about 5 months after release and the gold spamming instantly stopped. Never experienced it ever again.

Turbine and Codemasters never admitted they did an IP Ban for Asians. But we all know they did (due to some shady complaints appearing on forums directly after that). 

I'm not going to agree, nor disagree with your statement. But I will say this. If that is indeed what was done, then the Asian community have noone but their own gold spammers to thank for that. Do I also feel that everyone in the Asian community deserve that? No, but again, all they can do is point the finger at the gold spammers, and tell them thanks alot.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

They did NOT have skirmishes "Years Ago"... That's relatively new, in the last year and a half give or take a month or two.

F2P is less than 6 months old, so your ideas about cost to play the game are without meritt since you left "Years Ago"

I think if anything he's lamenting the fact that since skirmishes came into play it's SOOOOOO easy to get coin/gold that it's ruining business for gold farming.

Originally posted by Emeraq

They did NOT have skirmishes "Years Ago"... That's relatively new, in the last year and a half give or take a month or two.

F2P is less than 6 months old, so your ideas about cost to play the game are without meritt since you left "Years Ago"

I think if anything he's lamenting the fact that since skirmishes came into play it's SOOOOOO easy to get coin/gold that it's ruining business for gold farming.

and I readilly agree. It was kind of obvious right from the start. If he's trying to make everyone feel bad that they're no longer buying gold from his company. He is barking up the wrong tree there.