Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watched the dev video

cdubbzcdubbz Member UncommonPosts: 57

After watching the dev video, I feel much more certain about whether or not I will play the game. And I will definitely give it a go. This game has everything I've been waiting to see in a good mmo. It has real time combat, a persistent, changing world, fairly slick looking graphics, an enticing storyline (to me at least.) and to top it all, watching the dev gameplay video made my heart rate go up. That has never happened, and is a sure sign to me that this game has all the little things people have been crying for and begging developers to add into their games. This game gets the Cdubbz anticipatory seal of approval.

Comments

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

No doubt will be  a must buy.  I thought it was not to be an mmo though.  Kinda like how diablo is not an mmo.  Its a fun fps with great sence of persistance, but no long lasting aqualitites that successful mmos have.  Either way.  I am looking forward to it.   Looks like its a better BFBC2.

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

Been keeping an eye on this... the designer pedigree is pretty impressive. How far along is it?

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Originally posted by duelkore

No doubt will be  a must buy.  I thought it was not to be an mmo though.  Kinda like how diablo is not an mmo.  Its a fun fps with great sence of persistance, but no long lasting aqualitites that successful mmos have.  Either way.  I am looking forward to it.   Looks like its a better BFBC2.

Thought this was going to be F2P at launch?

• cdubbzcdubbz Member UncommonPosts: 57

I think they're in alpha stage, but they're taking applicants for beta on the site.

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Originally posted by duelkore

Thought this was going to be F2P at launch?

Yea I'm pretty sure this game is gonna be F2P, at least my fingers are crossed that it will. But I'd get a job to play this game XD.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Everything ive seen so far has definitely been impressive.

Have watched it for a few months now. :p

It is supposed to be F2P unless they change their minds by the time it releases.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Is it anything along the lines of what planetside was? That would be pretty awesome.

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

The gameplay in the video is indeed impressive, but I'm going to withhold judgement until they release more information on the Battle Frame system and what Frames we can pick from.  We've seen Assault and Medic, what other roles are up for offer? Recon?  Engineer?

Originally posted by Maj_Science

The gameplay in the video is indeed impressive, but I'm going to withhold judgement until they release more information on the Battle Frame system and what Frames we can pick from.  We've seen Assault and Medic, what other roles are up for offer? Recon?  Engineer?

Good point. Judging from the cinematic trailer it looks like there could be some sort of recon/engineer type class though. I'd personally like to see something with melee weapons, or robot suits, but that's just me Xd.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Looks so awesome... hope it is!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by cdubbz

Good point. Judging from the cinematic trailer it looks like there could be some sort of recon/engineer type class though. I'd personally like to see something with melee weapons, or robot suits, but that's just me Xd.

That is possibly an engineer of some kind... though personally I wished her suit looked more "engie" (looks more recon then builder to me) then that but eh... we'll just see where it goes.  Other then that, this looks like it has promise.  but then again, I'm also itching to give Global Agenda a try...

Originally posted by cdubbz

That is possibly an engineer of some kind... though personally I wished her suit looked more "engie" (looks more recon then builder to me) then that but eh... we'll just see where it goes.  Other then that, this looks like it has promise.  but then again, I'm also itching to give Global Agenda a try...

GA was okay. Only reason I don't play is because the updater is glitching on me for some reason.

• DahakaDahaka Member Posts: 11

i agree with the op . The game looks promising , but we need to see more first, about the others class. the vis is hot ^^ ,you start by killing little 'aliens' (looks like the one from half life :p) and then finish with an EPIC battle ! :D so want to try this!

Beta tested : Anarchy online , Lineage 2 , The saga of Ryzom , SWG ....
    playing : Anarchy online , WOW

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

This isn't going to end up as another global agenda is it? Or more of a tabula rasa? That game was some fun alien blasting mayhem!

Hm where's that planetside 2 when you need it?

Originally posted by Dahaka

i agree with the op . The game looks promising , but we need to see more first, about the others class. the vis is hot ^^ ,you start by killing little 'aliens' (looks like the one from half life :p) and the finish with an EPIC battle ! :D so want to try this!

Photobucket

• KyvanexKyvanex Member UncommonPosts: 10

Well, from the videos the gameplay looks fun. I also like the "unsafe" feeling of the quest hub/trading area. Not to mention vibrant graphics.

Definitely will give this a shot when it comes out.

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

i wished fallen earth was like this.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

F2P is fine i suppose but please tell me there not gonna do this whole cash item BS lots of other games have?

I like to work for what I have

Originally posted by pauly6478

F2P is fine i suppose but please tell me there not gonna do this whole cash item BS lots of other games have?

I like to work for what I have

They have to make money to keep the game going somehow. And if you don't wanna use the cash shop then DON'T.