Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I try Aion?

malefacusmalefacus Member Posts: 135

This game doesn't seem to have a free trial, what is it, do I have to email them or what? Every MMO have a free trial, and for obvious reason, MMO can be a huge investment, I just wich to try before I jump in. Any way to try it?

Comments

• obscuredobscured Member UncommonPosts: 62

Originally posted by malefacus

This game doesn't seem to have a free trial, what is it, do I have to email them or what? Every MMO have a free trial, and for obvious reason, MMO can be a huge investment, I just wich to try before I jump in. Any way to try it?

only with the refer a friend system that not everyone can use it and doesnt last long...

I can send you a demo serial if you reply with your email (or pm me)

quoting about the demo:

Aion demo accounts are good for three days, five hours, or level 7, whichever is reached first. At that point, the Aion demo account expires. All of the character information and progress is retained so that a player can continue the adventure when he or she upgrades to a standard Aion account.

• malefacusmalefacus Member Posts: 135

Thx a lot for the offer Obscured, it's nice of you. But 5 hours, rly? I don"t feel like downloading 10+ gig for jut 5 hours. Man, they don't wanna sell this game.

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Nice offer indeed but yeah, what a horrid "trial" service they have! 

Wanted to try Aion ages ago but Im not dropping $ on something without having a play with it first.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Thx a lot for the offer Obscured, it's nice of you. But 5 hours, rly? I don"t feel like downloading 10+ gig for jut 5 hours. Man, they don't wanna sell this game.

Nah the reason is because it cuts down on the number of RMT wharehousing toons.

• mylin1mylin1 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Nah the reason is because it cuts down on the number of RMT wharehousing toons.

How do all the other games cope with that then?   Everquest2 and lotro also have RMT  and offer free 'unlimited'  play, it seems an odd reason imho.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I was always disgusted with the poor demo offering for Aion. Hitting level 7 really doesn't show you anything about the game. Flight is a fairly big thing with Aion and you can't even glide at level 7.  Hitting yourself in the face repeatedly with a rolled up Maxim magazine gives you a more accurate demonstration of Aion gameplay then their demo does.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.