Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift closed Beta #4 1-7-2011 Anyone else invited?

I got invited to number 4 of Rift closed Beta, and wondered if anyone else did, and maybe we could use this thread to talk about it, maybe find out things we did not know about it, or just misc banter about the Beta.

So ya I think I will give Aion a break this weekend and play some Rift and see how it goes, so far I kinda like it.

Comments

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Beta key and got VIP key yesterday, still no email.

• PanDaZmOOPanDaZmOO Member UncommonPosts: 49

Yeah I got my beta 4 invite late last night... Going to spend some time on it this weekend.

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

Beta key and got VIP key yesterday, still no email.

You'll get it.. They send invites in batches so just check your email every once in awhile. Even if you lost the email you can still check on the website by signing in and seeing if accept EULA/download is available under your account.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

Everyone from beta 1-3 should be invited, as well as about 1-200 new players.

Originally posted by Blessings

Everyone from beta 1-3 should be invited, as well as about 1-200 new players.

Everyone that has a VIP Key or Preordered will get an invite.

A select portion of those that posses a regular beta key will also get invited.

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

Yes im in.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Nah I didn't get invited yet.. They think they are going to leave me out.. Guess I'm going to have to go on and pre-order this thing.. I was going to wait and see if I was to be invited first, but I see that's not going to happen.. Gonna have to force my way into the double doors..

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

yeah i ve been invited too but can't find the client to download .

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

i have done beta 1,2 & 3 and so far no invite :(

• Eldonan85Eldonan85 Member Posts: 32

Oh I will include a link for you to download it, glad u mentioned that.

http://update2.triongames.com/patcher/public/Rift_BETA_Patcher_setup.exe

Lemme know if that worked.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

yeah i ve been invited too but can't find the client to download .

Log into your account site like the invite email says and accept the EULA. Then there will be a huge Download Client button.

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

I preordered 2 days ago, but I dont think ill get into this Beta. :-(

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• JasonERAJasonERA Member UncommonPosts: 5

According to the forum post not all the invites have gone out yet. They're planning on sending more out this afternoon and tomorrow.

Yeah, I did all three, except I wasn't able to play number 3 beta because of holidays and too many things going on, so I got this weekend all open for Rift.

You're automatically in if you preordered. You don't need a key your account is setup internally on their side. here's the link http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?20183-Beta-Invite-Update-Thursday

Thanks for that link Jason :D

My pleasure

• LifeAddictLifeAddict Member Posts: 52

No I didn't get invited but if anyone has a spare beta key that would be awesome! Thanks (=

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I don't recall seeing that the NDA for this game was lifted yet.  This many people are willing to break the NDA just for a thread?  That's pretty disturbing to me, to be honest.  Or did I miss some announcement?  My memory isn't so great, so....perhaps I did.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Originally posted by just1opinion

I don't recall seeing that the NDA for this game was lifted yet.  This many people are willing to break the NDA just for a thread?  That's pretty disturbing to me, to be honest.  Or did I miss some announcement?  My memory isn't so great, so....perhaps I did.

It was dropped about 2 weeks ago, so all is safe now :P

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

Just pre-ordered this game. Hope it isnt too similar to WoW, because im so sick and tired of WoW.

• vrembrantvvrembrantv Member UncommonPosts: 20

I'm in for beta 4, should be great testing pvp!

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Okay.. Now they got my monies... Time to sit back and wait for the servers to come back up.. While playing some World Of Tanks! (shameless plug)..

Come join in the fun!

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

I pre-ordered like 10 or 15 minutes ago and I already recieved an invite. Good to know that I have plans for the weekend :)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Had my auto-invite once more (since beta 1), while I skipped the last beta. Not gonna do this one either. RIFT is too much like WAR for me and I hated WAR's gameplay with a passion