Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total incompetence, GM goes on rampage server downtime.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

A server downtime /rollback tonight as a GM either went insane or was hacked and went on a rampage though bor screwing with players and spawning super rare items in the streets. Some players data drained to lvl1

Comments

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

Its funcom,allways expect the unexpected,seems like they are not going to take away items from players which this GM popped,so it might be some kind of funcom event,no official responses what whas it and why,maybe theres more this kind of events going on and  who knows how long these been going,but its funcom.

Generation P

• preston326preston326 Member UncommonPosts: 115

This cannont possibly be an event. And I think they will perform a database rollback.

Anyhow, it makes me happy that  dont currenly play any FC games :))

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

GM goes on rampage, probably hacked or an employee who wishes to be fired.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I'd say a GM who has gotten his termination notice... Decided to take one last swing at never working in this field again.

But it does seem like they are removing all the damage he did tho... Including rare lootz and stuff.

This have been a good conversation

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Lol awsome. The old game still has a few surprises left in it.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Seeing this stuff always reminds me of Shadowbane and my server being hacked, porting people everywhere and spawning mobs and such...

Good times.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Seems Funcom got  some problems. But Hmm... that is a lot of posts for such an old game.  o.O I have seen some MMOs that are 1/2 as old with halfthe forum activity. 

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

AO is definately not the only game suffering from hackers. After playing WoW for years, I can tell you I have got more than 1 email that was trying to compromise my accounts. This happened usually after I had made server transfers on my characters. Well in fact, all paid activities I did on my accounts triggered this. So no, nothing unique about this.

I don't find this a big deal with AO anyways. As long as nothing is lost. S*** happens. A server restart and things are back up and we are ready to go.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669
  • busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

I'm surprised there's still people left to be harassed...

• KimonoKimono Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by tawess

I'd say a GM who has gotten his termination notice... Decided to take one last swing at never working in this field again.

But it does seem like they are removing all the damage he did tho... Including rare lootz and stuff.

AO's entire customer service including GMs are volunteers. Generally it works very well but some GMs abuse their knowledge or power to help friends or their org. 

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by Kimono

Originally posted by tawess

AO's entire customer service including GMs are volunteers. Generally it works very well but some GMs abuse their knowledge or power to help friends or their org. 

No, GMs are paid. There is lot of volunteer work going around, but GMs are paid, sometimes hired from players though. Still, most of them are shared with AoC, which doesn't work too well and sometimes they don't have documentation or knowledge of inner workings of game...

I remember time when we had issue with one event and GM had to look info on fansite...

• ZoeFkenZoeFken Member UncommonPosts: 33

I doubt it was anyone else than the GM himself. To be honest if you happen to hack a GM's account wouldn't you take advantage of it whithout anyone knowing? Why the **** would you go screwing around like that? Just add some bills here and there maybe spawn some leadbots in your inv and voila :)