Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haven't played since Launch, How's leveling now?

Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

So it's been a bloody long time since I stepped into... You know it's been so long I dont even remember the game worlds name. Whatever.  Last thing I remember before I unsubbed from Aion was Botting to 50 then realising I was paying for nothing. So how is leveling now? Are there more quests that take you to the top now or is it still totaly dependant on killing mob... after mob... after mob till you ding then repeat the process till cap? Sorry if this sounds retarded I really tried to play a long time ago but I couldnt hold interest from all the grind.

Comments

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Leveling is easier, a lot more quests worth more XP then before, etc.  There are are threee solo dungeons at multiple levels and drop rates are increased as well.  However if all you want to do is level fast you will probably still feel like you hit the grind wall. 

• CrynswindCrynswind Member Posts: 290

Please,don't come back again,go bot somewhere else.

Go back to wow or try Rift,those are easy games with fast lvling.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Sky427

So it's been a bloody long time since I stepped into... You know it's been so long I dont even remember the game worlds name. Whatever.  Last thing I remember before I unsubbed from Aion was Botting to 50 then realising I was paying for nothing. So how is leveling now? Are there more quests that take you to the top now or is it still totaly dependant on killing mob... after mob... after mob till you ding then repeat the process till cap? Sorry if this sounds retarded I really tried to play a long time ago but I couldnt hold interest from all the grind.

Well the leveling curve is a lot better since xp has been increased on all quests and there are more quests than at launch. Plus they have added solo dungeons at 18-22 and 37-44. Wow is still tons faster to level but if you do he quests and instances its a breeze to level.

• Sky427Sky427 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Originally posted by Crynswind

Please,don't come back again,go bot somewhere else.

Go back to wow or try Rift,those are easy games with fast lvling.

Yes because leveling is the most important part of a game. Not the end game or the PvP right?

And to the other posters thanks, I will definetly look back into the game and give it another whirl. I missed my cleric :)

• almalexiusalmalexius Member UncommonPosts: 180

I started the game this weekend and leveled up to level 17. I kept getting a +30% experience buff because " my leveling was going to slow" according to the game. Felt almost like an insult but i like to take my time and explore :D

Anyway there are plenty of quests, still you can pretty much do them all. In wow half of your quests tend to go grey before you even get a chance to do them.

I'm really having fun untill now but what's up with the sounds though?

WOW,eq2,Vanguard,WAR,LOTRO,AOC,Rift Aion, SWTOR, TERA.

Currently playing GW2.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by almalexius

I started the game this weekend and leveled up to level 17. I kept getting a +30% experience buff because " my leveling was going to slow" according to the game. Felt almost like an insult but i like to take my time and explore :D

Anyway there are plenty of quests, still you can pretty much do them all. In wow half of your quests tend to go grey before you even get a chance to do them.

I'm really having fun untill now but what's up with the sounds though?

The game sounds are definitely not the strong point of Aion.

Anyway, leveling will slow down after you get past the newbie areas. You'll also have to deal with the occasional ganker (which isn't bad unless the ganker is twinked out).

I really like the soundtrack especially in Salintus Desert. The sound effects are kinda funky sometimes lol. Glad your enjoying the game.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Someone stop me from subbing lol.

I have a lvl 32 something Glad. Do people group up and duo level and quest n such?

IS endgame still PvE grinding guards for ridiculously low rate rep grind?

Trying to decide between this and Cataclysm. I wish there was some kind of resurrection scroll.

Originally posted by helthros

I have a lvl 32 something Glad. Do people group up and duo level and quest n such?

Trying to decide between this and Cataclysm. I wish there was some kind of resurrection scroll.

Resurrection scroll..there are stones in Aion :D

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Lathander81

Originally posted by helthros

Resurrection scroll..there are stones in Aion :D

I meant how City of Heroes and WoW sometimes offer vets a chance to come back and try the game with their accounts (ala not making a new trial).