Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DIABLO 3 COMING TO CONSOLE...

2»

Comments

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

You guys are talking about Diablo, a series that was all but dumbed down right from the beginning. It's great fun, no arguing that, but it's still a top-down, loot-whoring, hack and slash game. A high IQ is far from needed to spam a skill and grab your loot.

As for graphics, it already doesn't have the best of them. Some of you are complaining that graphics and environment get stripped to port for consoles? Have you seen Fable 3? Have you looked at the videos for the new dungeon title, Hunted: Demon Forge? How about Knight's Contract?They're gorgeous, and a hell of a lot nicer than anything you'll see in Diablo 3. It's a pretty game, but not one so glamorous that it'll somehow lose a ton a quality between ports. We're not talking playstation one or two dudes, both PS3 and Xbox are capable of some major eye candy.

Yes, the PC is capable of even better, but ironically I don't remember the last time I saw a PC game with graphics as nice as the above mentioned games, or even FF13. I'm not talking gameplay, purely graphics here. The textures on Vanille were marvelous, as were the others well-done. If you can make a game that pretty, do it, don't complain that everyone else is holding you back. It's a blame game and the fanatics are quick to jump on-board as if that somehow validates them.

Give it a break. The console vs pc thing is tiresome and cliche. They both have a purpose. And screw this whole 'exclusive' mentality, on both sides of the argument. A game doesn't have to be exclusive to PC to be good, and games SHOULD be less exclusive to consoles than they are.

We all need to learn to share like the good little nerds we are.

Sorry dude not a single Console games look better than crysis and that game is what 4 years old. And don´t talk about fable or knights contract this games don´t even have AA. Most of the console games don´t have AA. The current console generation is in the level of the PC in 2006/07

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by Otomox

You guys are talking about Diablo, a series that was all but dumbed down right from the beginning. It's great fun, no arguing that, but it's still a top-down, loot-whoring, hack and slash game. A high IQ is far from needed to spam a skill and grab your loot.

As for graphics, it already doesn't have the best of them. Some of you are complaining that graphics and environment get stripped to port for consoles? Have you seen Fable 3? Have you looked at the videos for the new dungeon title, Hunted: Demon Forge? How about Knight's Contract?They're gorgeous, and a hell of a lot nicer than anything you'll see in Diablo 3. It's a pretty game, but not one so glamorous that it'll somehow lose a ton a quality between ports. We're not talking playstation one or two dudes, both PS3 and Xbox are capable of some major eye candy.

Yes, the PC is capable of even better, but ironically I don't remember the last time I saw a PC game with graphics as nice as the above mentioned games, or even FF13. I'm not talking gameplay, purely graphics here. The textures on Vanille were marvelous, as were the others well-done. If you can make a game that pretty, do it, don't complain that everyone else is holding you back. It's a blame game and the fanatics are quick to jump on-board as if that somehow validates them.

Give it a break. The console vs pc thing is tiresome and cliche. They both have a purpose. And screw this whole 'exclusive' mentality, on both sides of the argument. A game doesn't have to be exclusive to PC to be good, and games SHOULD be less exclusive to consoles than they are.

Sorry dude not a single Console games look better than crysis and that game is what 4 years old. And don´t talk about fable or knights contract this games don´t even have AA. Most of the console games don´t have AA. The current console generation is in the level of the PC in 2006/07

Aww isn't that cute! Bless your little ignorant heart! I wonder if you think Crysis 2  on the console will look better or worst than the original Crysis? By the video I would say yes. But even as you sit pondering how the last standing company (Crytek) at the PC Corral has just given in to the almighty console dollar, I want you to know... while you may think that money won't change you, it most definitely changes the people around you. And that includes gaming companies...

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Aww isn't that cute! Bless your little ignorant heart! I wonder if you think Crysis 2  on the console will look better or worst than the original Crysis? By the video I would say yes. But even as you sit pondering how the last standing company (Crytek) at the OK Corral has just given in to the almighty console dollar, I want you to know... while you may think that money won't change you, it most definitely changes the people around you. And that includes gaming companies...

Even Crytek complains about the inferiority of the consoles and the sub-standard graphics.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by Proson

Originally posted by Swanea

For their new MMO, not for D3.

How about actually clicking the link and read??

Diablo III

Game Designer! Lead Designer, Console! Lead Programmer, Console! Quest Designer/ Scripter! Senior Producer, Console! Senior Quest Designer/ScripterSenior Writer

These are all the job openings under DIABLO 3. not for their new MMO.

Edit: Also as of today they arent hiring any Console Programmers for their new MMO. Only Diablo 3. So it dosent seem like the new MMO is gonna be on consoles, it might be tough. Maybe they allready have console programmers for that game, who knows.

You're assuming they haven't already hired for the new MMO.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

Well honestly, I can't see a difference in difficulty of the game when it is released on a console. The original COD's campaign wasn't very hard, so why should it get any harder when it's on a console. Sure they lose the ability to have 138 keys or whatever to bind actions to. But releasing it on consoles didn't kill it at all. It gave them a boost in people playing it online, when Black Ops came out it had over 1 million people logged in playing online. So why not continue to release on console for every type of game? From the standpoint of the company, would you like to sell to the 100 thousand that will play it on pc or the million that would play it on the xbox or ps3. I would sell out and make it for both. Oh wait they already do that. Wonder why.  On veteran the games on consoles are actually quite tough though, so can't see that argument working too well saying they get dumbed down and are easier. 

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Who cares? I'll be picking it up on PC and it will be awesome.. its like Dragon Age.. it didn't make the PC version any worse...

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Diablo III

Game Designer! Lead Designer, Console! Lead Programmer, Console! Quest Designer/ Scripter! Senior Producer, Console! Senior Quest Designer/ScripterSenior Writer

Edit: Also as of today they arent hiring any Console Programmers for their new MMO. Only Diablo 3. So it dosent seem like the new MMO is gonna be on consoles, it might be tough. Maybe they allready have console programmers for that game, who knows.

I don't bother to read most of the post since that requires paying attention.

Is this really some big surprise?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by mmogawd

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Aww isn't that cute! Bless your little ignorant heart! I wonder if you think Crysis 2  on the console will look better or worst than the original Crysis? By the video I would say yes. But even as you sit pondering how the last standing company (Crytek) at the OK Corral has just given in to the almighty console dollar, I want you to know... while you may think that money won't change you, it most definitely changes the people around you. And that includes gaming companies...

Even Crytek complains about the inferiority of the consoles and the sub-standard graphics.

Complain, not complain. That's as pointless as a zoo keeper complaining about how much monkey sh-t stinks knowing he has to do the job anyway. Besides, at the end of the day they are STILL bringing their baby to the console and what? You think they'll make themselves look bad by skimping on the graphics? The one thing that made them stand out as a gaming company in the first place? Keep dreaming.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DaitenguDaitengu Member Posts: 442

honestly, I prefer solo play in diablo on the PC. But would be tempted by the console version for the multiplayer. Mainly because the hacks while playing online were a miserable experience at points.

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by mmogawd

Diablo III

You're assuming they haven't already hired for the new MMO.

Well, i did say "Maybe they allready have console programmers for that game, who knows."

So i did actually take that into consideration :)

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

I don't bother to read most of the post since that requires paying attention.

Is this really some big surprise?

... sigh

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• LunicurLunicur Member Posts: 51

Awesome. Can't wait. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Daitengu

honestly, I prefer solo play in diablo on the PC. But would be tempted by the console version for the multiplayer. Mainly because the hacks while playing online were a miserable experience at points.

Hacks are always a big issue to enjoy a good game. Less hacks on a console compared to a pc. I think if Diablo 3 was to come to the console it can only be a good thing for those who have never played it before.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by ironfungus

Originally posted by Werthe

Uhm, so what ? I completed the first Diablo on Playstation. There was nothing wrong with it. As a matter of fact, it was a blast playing it together with my friends on one TV screen.

Because it's common knowledge that when you take an AWESOME series on the PC then port it to consoles, it dies. Example: Call of Duty.

It's exactly for this kind of attitude that PC gamers are mostly being ignored. Not only is your attitude eltiist, it is also completely incorrect.

The Call of Duty series has improved significantly over time. The series has been on consoles since part 2. To even suggest that the first Call of Duty was the best of the series is downright laughable.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

What still haunts me is Blizzard is now acquired by Activi$ion. If they port Diablo 3 to the consoles, i'll never buy another blizzard game. Ages ago the CEO of blizzard said they were strictly PC only.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Fearlessbro

What still haunts me is Blizzard is now acquired by Activi$ion. If they port Diablo 3 to the consoles, i'll never buy another blizzard game. Ages ago the CEO of blizzard said they were strictly PC only.

I seriously doubt he actually said that considering that Blizzard games have been ported to consoles multiple times.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

you're assuming alot here , just because they're hiring someone for "console" doesn't mean they're producing the game for console. That could mean anything really.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• ravtecravtec Member Posts: 214

It would make no difference if they add this game to the console, and it would be stupid of em not to do it.

This aint a super advanced game and would fit perfectly for consoles, im a pure pc gamer but even i can see what blizz would gain from this. It is a game they have spent a very long time on only fair they get as much cash as possible back.

Its not like they are makeing this game for console to then port it to pc, those games i usaly have a bigger issue with.

• SpasticolonSpasticolon Member Posts: 178

While I am firmly in the PC camp, its Diablo 3 FFS. DIABLO!!!! Mindless hack and slash that cannot possibly be dumbed down any more than they have already. I already made up my mind not to buy D3 a while back, somewhere between them deciding to have Respec and Autoallocate stats and the full derp of Battlenet/Starcrap 2 herp derpery same old same old.

Diablo on PSX was fun, but not being able to 'accidentally' Fireball my mate in the back lost its charm, but to be able to play on the same screen, sitting on the same couch was a fun experience. I just hope that they can add that to D3 for fans, it was fun, but I wont be playing.

As for PC vs Consoles, Fanboys will be Fanboys and Haters gonna Hate, but FFS its Diablo 3. Pick the fights that make sense, and write off the moneygrubbing bastards that go to Consoles for the cheap thrills and easy money. The Witcher is looking mighty fine indeed.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Well can this game be dumbed down anymore can it? Lets face it:

- BoE and BoP on some items

- only 60 levels with  even more handholding (confirmed by Wilson)

- achievements as some sort of challenge - how stupid is that? They aren't content for christs sake

- autostats because the dumb down monkeys aren't able to understand 6 yes 6 different stats..

- cartoony graphics

- no death penalty

- battle.net crap

I've already made up my mind Kotick can shove this game up his ass and so can Wilson this is not a game developed by the Diablofounders anymore so screw it. Making it also for consoles is just the final nail. 

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• AmarandesAmarandes Member Posts: 104

Excuse me? Diablo 3 being ported to console is nothing new. Diablo was ported to Playstation and Starcraft was  ported to the Nintendo 64 in the past.

Also I LOL at the people thinking that the PC version of Diablo 3 will be dumbed down just because it is going to be ported to console. Dragon Age was released on XBOX360 and PS3 and that did not affected the PC version at all.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by Gameloading

I seriously doubt he actually said that considering that Blizzard games have been ported to consoles multiple times.

You could play Warcraft 2 on the Playstation. So that's getting pretty old right there.

O_o o_O

• WeissCrossWeissCross Member Posts: 8

what would it look like when this game become a console?