Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all computer geniuses

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I am in a serious pickle...

My wifes computer will no longer load her e-mail nor Facebook and she is using mine until her's is fixed. So...no long raid times for me until I git r done. The only thing I can tell you is:

1. I tried all of the different browsers and it's the same on them. We use firefox mainly.

2. I tried deleting all history and cookies.

3. I uninstalled firefox and re-installed it.

The only thing I have done differently is I upgraded my AVG anti-virus to the newer version. But, I have always used it before and had no problems. I even un-installed AVG to see if that worked...it didn't.

MMORPG.com...you're my only hope.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

A husband and wife to me implies possible children.  Have you checked your firewall for any parental controls or blocked IP/addresses?  Or changes to your hosts file? If you don't know what a hosts file is you can ignore that.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by grunty

A husband and wife to me implies possible children. 

Let's hope not. "Long raid times" and "wife on Facebook for hours" equals neglected children. image

• Kaldor_ffKaldor_ff Member Posts: 12

do you have limewire installed at all, one of my friends had a similar issue until that was uninstalled.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

1. Try system restore to the date before the problem started

2. If your wife doesn't use her comp much, just backup all her data and reinstall your OS with formatting her hard-drive.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

check proxy settings

can't believe all the "computer geniuses" above me missed the simplest answer.

• Kaldor_ffKaldor_ff Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by SHOE788

check proxy settings

can't believe all the "computer geniuses" above me missed the simplest answer.

probably because most people dont use proxy servers for home computers.... 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Also because an amateur adjusting proxy settings would probably have affected all web content on the computer and not just 2 websites that don't care if you connect through a proxy.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Dekron

Let's hope not. "Long raid times" and "wife on Facebook for hours" equals neglected children. image

My neglected child is 16 and has his license...need I say more?

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Originally posted by Dekron

My neglected child is 16 and has his license...need I say more?

I see your vehicle is doing a fine job of raising them.  image

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

Download winsockfix and run it. You can find it at majorgeeks.com. Pretty sure it will fix your issue.