Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Open Beta Video

124»

Comments

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by lilmark_utsa

So, when do you think they're going to start adding sex to MMO's? 

Baby, I already bring teh sex to MMOs . . .

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

I don't think it's a render because the characters look like that in game-play and the combat plays out that way with very big animations. It will be interesting to see how it does and if they can live up to anything they advertise though lol

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

Originally posted by deniter

Originally posted by kdchan

Originally posted by deniter

Originally posted by Digna

The upskirt shots, the lolicon aspects and the 'required' emo'ed visages aside, I look forward to this with anticipation. Some folks have said 'L3' and if it is, I welcome it (as long as they remove the grindfest that L2 originally had.)

This games looks good and I WILL play it unless there is some major game breaker in place when it releases.

It's not L3. Lineage 3 will be announced in january 2011.

I somewhat agree with the grindfest part but MMOs need longevity and certain amount of grind is only good. What makes it boring is if the gameplay is otherwise shallow and simplified.

My biggest concern with TERA is the westernization and who, and how it'll be done. Aion was a major let down because it has bad aspects from both korean grinder and western themepark, and I believe this was due to bad localisation.

So, does anyone have know about this matter? Post here please.

Westernization mainly will be:

-less grind and redundant tasks

-more quest (only for west market to cover more exp)

-pvp and pve separate servers with different rulesets

-new lore

-new storyline

This is the only things they change i guess because Tera as BHS already explained, is developed to be international ready, so no much changes between west and east releases.

Oh and please stop the Aion and asian art style blame, if you don't like the concpet simply go play another game. Tera is not for all and wont be for all and nobody cares if you don't play, korean servers are already fullfilled with more than 300 000 players and the number will grou up more and more.

You got me all wrong :)

I have nothing against asian art style. On the contrary, I've played lots of Final Fantasys and looking forward to L3, but I fear the westernization process is what ruins these games for us. I would very much like if we had an option to play on translated korean style server in NA/EU.

I'm with this guy. The only thing that scares me so far is the "westernization process".  It's complete shit.

• Well, about westernization i'm with you, i prefer they translate the game, add more quest and reduce the grind, rest is fine for me and there is no need for changes. But is me.