Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The 116th Panzer needs Tankers to crush the Yankees and Bolsheviks

EberbachEberbach Member Posts: 77

The 116th Panzer Division is looking for mature and friendly commanders!

We are highly active in WoT.

Several or our members are in the top 10%, 5%, 2% and 1%. Our top players offer training to new members who need it.

We have clan meetings every Saturday at 1400 EST (2000 GMT +1).

You are welcome to join us on teamspeak 3

116.clants.net

port 4143

pass stug

www.116thPanzer.com

Comments

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110

Do you have anything to do with Windhunds from WW2online?

Nice site by the way.

• EberbachEberbach Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Sirca

Do you have anything to do with Windhunds from WW2online?

Nice site by the way.

Great Question. No, we started out as the 116th in Company of Heroes Online but when we moved to WWIIOL we chose to be in there as The 16th Infanterie our of respect for a long established BGE squad.

So basically all the games we are deployed in right  now (World of Tanks, Company of Heroes, Battlefield series ) we go by 116th Panzer except BGE.

Cheers,

Waffenator (Eberbach in BGE)

Happy Holidays from The 116th Panzer Division Windhund!

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Hey mate, DrBoom here.

Just a quick question: do you enlist german tanks only?

Originally posted by bronecar

Hey mate, DrBoom here.

Just a quick question: do you enlist german tanks only?

No Sir,

As the game develops and our skin makers develop more talent in clan we will be producing "captured" skins for our members with Russian and US tanks.

Currently I have no German tanks. M4 Easy 8, M4, and working my way towards the T-54 on the russian tier but a long way to go...(still on the A20).

However, many of our members have Tigers, Tiger II, and 4 or 5 of them have the Maus.

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

Captured german t-54, ouch!

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

Originally posted by Vesper11

Captured german t-54, ouch!

Lol!

Here are a couple of replay videos of "captured tanks"

http://116thpanzer.com/videos

Btw, are you planning to play on US or EU cluster?

All the best to 116th for 2011!

Btw, are you planning to play on US or EU cluster?

All the best to 116th for 2011!

Thanks for asking. Both, personally I will have two seperate accounts on each.

We have a mix of Americans and Europeans..many of us want the flexibility to switch so maybe 40% of us will have dual accounts.

I dont think it will be a problem to field two fully stocked companies consistantly as we are already able to get 15 to 20 people together, even over the holidays, and about 4 tankser are joining us a day.

The challenge for company play is getting everyone kitted properly and ensuring we are all on the same page regarding coordination and teamwork. However, by mid january we should be ready for consistent company battles just as we are now well versed in Platoon level work.

Well, you convinced me, application sent (do you work in marketing? image )

Well, you convinced me, application sent (do you work in marketing? image )

Har Har!

Thanks for joining up Sirca, hope you enjoy being a member!

On another note here are a couple of WoT gameplay videos from the 116th on our YouTube page. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/116thDivison?feature=mhum

Company Battles in World of Tanks. Since the last patch its possible to do company battles now, here is a video of the 116th rolling out in force together for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Vl55JKUhY

• DKKOberonDKKOberon Member Posts: 75

I just join the beta or will when I get home from work...so i might just check you guys out....was planning on doing the german tanks anyhow.

Originally posted by DKKOberon

I just join the beta or will when I get home from work...so i might just check you guys out....was planning on doing the german tanks anyhow.

Here is a way to get a beta key instantly and a free tank with it.

Our clan plays all tanks not just german ones but we are working on skinning the "captured" tanks with german markings.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

• STURM0VIKSTURM0VIK Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Eberbach

Originally posted by DKKOberon

Here is a way to get a beta key instantly and a free tank with it.

Our clan plays all tanks not just german ones but we are working on skinning the "captured" tanks with german markings.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

Hmmm too bad I didn't knew about this before..  i could have had free tank :(

Replay video with commentary on the cliff map. 15 kills and 3 losses by our team. Fun game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bawiOGxWtE

Originally posted by Eberbach

Replay video with commentary on the cliff map. 15 kills and 3 losses by our team. Fun game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bawiOGxWtE

That is some skills I must say!

well done commentary as well!  are you planning to do more ?

We now have a very active community for our multi-gaming clan with some very talented players. 170 members strong who are committed to being the best they can be in the wargames we play.

The following link highlights what it takes to become a member. If you have what it takes then please apply.

116th Panzer Enlistment Form

Requirements from applicants

1. You agree to behave like an adult. Being mature, respectful of others, and have patience.

2. You agree to carry yourself by higher standards in game than others. We do not trash talk... we focus on winning.

3. You agree to be dedicated to playing clan games at least 2 hours a week and attending at least two clan events a month.

4. You agree to use our communications tools and keep up to date with clan activities. This means you agree to use teamspeak 3. You also agree to keep informed via the website on a weekly basis at least.

5. You agree that you are joining our clan to be part of a team and that good teamwork means giving time and effort to the team as a whole not just focusing on your individual needs and desires.

We do agree that real life considerations take precedence over in game ones and we will always respect that

Application Process and requirements expected within the first 30 days of membership.

1. Recruit visits website, sign-ups, and does basic application process.

2. Recruit speaks with Waffenator via Skype for a short 5 to 10 minute interview. (Waffenator's skype name is Waffenator). If Waffenator does not respond leave a message with a convenient time to be called back including your timezone.

3. After the interview you will either be approved or denied within 72 hours.

If approved, you will be contacted by Senior training instructor, liaison, or commanding officer with an introduction letter.

Training - Boot Camp First 30 Days

1. Recruits will be grouped over a specific period of time (About two weeks) and then will be put in their class. From there, instructors will take over and get dates/times established.

2. Class will approximately take 4 weeks at the current class layout and should cover all needed knowledge and tasks for the unit and their specific game. Expect to dedicate 6 to 8 hours of time to the classes.

3. Once the recruits have taken their final tests and questionnaire, they will be signed off by both the senior training instructor and the training commander. Promotion then to full member.

Other Requirements

1. Within the first month recruits are required to attend two events outside of the scope of basic training. This requires using our calender...a key component of clan member behavior is their use of the calender.

2. New members are expected to introduce themselves on the forums.

3. New Members are expected to add their character names for the clan games in the roster.

Overall

The 116th is looking for members with good teamwork and communication habits who want to be a part of a top notch unit and have the time to contribute.

Very nice req   and outline for new members !

The clan had a blast during the 5x XP days. Most members now have at least a tier 6 with probably over half at tier 10.

As an example,

On my US account I have a tiger and DB plust all the tier 6 vk

On my EU account a T23, T29, and T-43

Would have been to the pershing but wanted to get a US account started to support our members there.

Lately we have been getting a large number of Aussie players which is great as they fit right in with the rest of the team.

yeah! so much XP is crazy! but in a good way crazy hehe

We now have a lot of members from Australia and New Zealand. Combining with our Euro and Americas members it seems we are a 24/7 clan now on teamspeak. Awesome!

The 116th has developed some basic training videos that may give prospective members an idea of what we are all about.

Here is the first video from Part I of Basic Training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj5J_XbxVb4&hd=1

Here is the second part of Basic Course I video. http://url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbTOAdb_Q8k&hd=1

Also, we will be having company battles tonight starting at about 1700 EST and going for many hours. Look us up on the 116th Channel in game or visit  and hop on teamspeak with us.

http://www.116thPanzer.com

Cheers,

Waffenator

New training video by the 116th....

Basic Course I. Part III - Teamwork and Training Video

This video covers several concepts as outlined below.

Training and Teamwork Section Covering important concepts for the wargames we fight in including:

OODA (Observe, Orient, Decide Act) Loops

Blitzkrieg

Blitz Operating Philosophy

Categories of Conflict, Attrition Warfare and Maneuver Warfare

High Tempo vs. High Speed

Fingerspitzengefühl

Mind-Time-Space Scheme

Schwerpunkt

Auftragstaktik

FESA Integration

Cheers,

Waffenator