Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift takes a dig at WoW in new trailer may the battle begin ?

WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

check Rifts new trailer thing taking a dig at wow by saying "were not in Azeroth anymore" lol

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=484970422513

Rift really trying to take on WoW then

Also Rift is now using T.V adverts to promote the pre-order maybe the above is what shall be aired on T.V ?

Comments

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

link?

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

The real trick will be to draw away some of Blizzard's cash flow without being overrun by WoW's rancid playerbase.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• SilverwatchSilverwatch Member Posts: 232

i saw this very funny ha

Currently playing : Darkfall
    Character name : Aeola Anara
    Played: Almost every P2P MMO you can get your hands on, notably:
    Daoc, SWG, LOTRO, WAR, AoC + Dozens more

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

I laughed when i saw that trailer :p.

• djcincydjcincy Member UncommonPosts: 146

where is this trailer

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

updated with the link, my bad

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

lol terrible.

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

LOL that was great.

BUT now they need to update the crappy CGI intro for the game.

I like this game alot and have shown it to a few friends and thats the 1st thing they say when they see it.

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

LoL!  That's pretty funny....And I agree about the CGI in the game vs the one in this trailer lol what the hell?

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

I've seen some game play videos of Rift, WoW has nothing to worry about.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

yep. That should be getting a few thousand WoW fans all rilled up

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

This was really unnecessary...

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Trion has some stones, to be sure. It's enough to have me springing for a 6-month Founders' sub.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by LordDraekon

The real trick will be to draw away some of Blizzard's cash flow without being overrun by WoW's rancid playerbase.

Truth is , its not drawing them away thats hard , Blizzard already laid the ground work for them .

Small groups of guild advance perks much slower , pissed off small groups that had initial hope they could atleast keep up.

(this is pure psychological , they should have never did it the way they did , and after 3 days just penalise the guild xp cap)

Casual Healers are not having fun in heroics ,  its too taxing on them in pugs .

Casuals dont have the patience for the 1 hour -3 hour + heroics .

Its the same game again this time even shorter , hardcore raiders are almost done , while casual raider still have to start raiding ,  So will hardcore enjoy 2 -3 months of farming the same crap after 1 month of gearing up .

Way more rep farm to grind for , aside from needing to do all the prequiste this time .

So even Alts get tired , imagine doing 5 times the alts on a long Vashir chain quest , Short Mount Hyjal , LONG deep holme , Medium Uldum , and long twilight highlands ... well you get my drift , why i am already like F it .

Just to get the tabards .  then dungeon or heroic grind >.<

Some love it most just dont even see the end of the grind anymore .

Most say well i can take a year break and next expansion is out , hurray another gear reset point .

Anyway its not drawing people away from Wow thats hard , its keeping them , since most quest type is nothing new .

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

This move is a major free advertising on trions part once word of this video gets around to WoW fans they will all be wanting to watch it and therefore taking more intrest in the game...got collectors edition today and 6 month founders sub nom nom!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Warbs

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=484970422513

LOL.  *claps*  "We're not in Azeroth anymore."  Now that I like. 

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

It's like an angry 6-year-old shooting a pop gun at a navy aircraft carrier.

Funny, but also a little sad.

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141

Now thats funny Wow wont even notice the drop in players as i dont think rift will even be in the millons when the dust settles anyway.

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by Fozzik

It's like an angry 6-year-old shooting a pop gun at a navy aircraft carrier.

Funny, but also a little sad.

Lol, that's exact'y what i'm thinking right now.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I will say they got stones, it made me laugh.  I wonder how long that link will stay up.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by Skeeterxi

I've seen some game play videos of Rift, WoW has nothing to worry about.

While true, game play videos of wow really aren't something I'd call home about either :P.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Were not in Azeroth anymore.. we are now in a crappy alternate reality of Azeroth!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by drake_hound

Originally posted by LordDraekon

Truth is , its not drawing them away thats hard , Blizzard already laid the ground work for them .

I agree.  The timing seems to be in their advantage.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

"Were not in Azeroth anymore" - Isn't that a bit cheeky coming from former Mythic developers with their WAR failure.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by EndDream

Were not in Azeroth anymore.. we are now in a crappy alternate reality of Azeroth!

Took the words out of my mouth.