Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there always ppl that are annoyed of MMORPGs

Everyone got a problem with MMORPGs The devs are pahetic, retarded, dumb, stupid, its boring, its expensive, its not realistic.

Well i think its all based it all around one thing

ITS NOT YOUR OR ANYONE'S LIFE its not real 

you can't out of the blue shoot someone in the middle of a game you can't become a psyhco path and beaten to death you can walk into every building...etc etc

And that last question in the poll is asking yourself that question.

Comments

• PizzaFarnoPizzaFarno Member Posts: 179

Originally posted by TheRebelGen
    Everyone got a problem with MMORPGs The devs are pahetic, retarded, dumb, stupid, its boring, its expensive, its not realistic.
    Well i think its all based it all around one thing
    ITS NOT YOUR OR ANYONE'S LIFE its not real
    you can't out of the blue shoot someone in the middle of a game you can't become a psyhco path and beaten to death you can walk into every building...etc etc

I think you confuse "mmorpg" with the term "Mourning".

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

Good point, i disagree.

I think that most people are annoyed with MMO's because they are all a endless level grind, and nobody has done community service right.  I think UO had a good take on community service by giving the people a chance to sign up to be a councelor, and help everyone with random problems.  If you had a serious problem with a huge glitch or someone exploiting one to take something valuable, you actually SAW the GameMaster, and spoke with HIS character.  Made it seem better.  It also gave you a quee so you know where you stand.  None of this sending a message to GM's then getting an automated response in the mail 1week later telling you they cant do anything about it.  So until someone breaks the endless grind, and do service better, people will be annoyed, yet the industry is still thriving.

New games like WoW and GW are introducing another group of people to game.  Ive had many friends from school coem up to me and say they want to play WoW or GW, when before i tryed to get them to play MMO's they say no. 

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Most people you meet are annoyed at life in general...it just tends to bleed over, don't you know.

• TheRebelGenTheRebelGen Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by ianubisi

Most people you meet are annoyed at life in general...it just tends to bleed over, don't you know.

Yeah i guess thats true..but the mmorpgs i've played is like ok grinding grinding grinding...drop lvl grinding grinding its like whats te point in doing this execpt i'm just wasteing away my life
  • geldgeld Member Posts: 129
    Personally, I was sick of mmorpgs years ago. They all lack depth, emotion, purpose. I'm just waiting on a virtual world.

*Signature*The Pessimist says the cup is half empty. The Optimist says the cup is half full. The Pragmatist says the cup is half full of air. The Engineer says the cup is operating at 50% capacity. The Psychologist says the cup is your mother. The Punk Kid also says the cup is your mother. The Cricket Player says his cup is definately full. Everyone knows that Pamela Andersons cups are full. The Defendant says it was like that when he found it. Me, I just ask the waitress for a refill.

Yeah i guess thats true..but the mmorpgs i've played is like ok grinding grinding grinding...drop lvl grinding grinding its like whats te point in doing this execpt i'm just wasteing away my life

Personally, I was sick of mmorpgs years ago. They all lack depth, emotion, purpose. I'm just waiting on a virtual world.

Why dont you guys check out the new wave of innovation.  Darkfall or Trials of Ascention.

• geldgeld Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by doobster

Why dont you guys check out the new wave of innovation.  Darkfall or Trials of Ascention.

Way ahead of you there doobster, these games are at the top of my list. But thanks anyway.

*Signature*The Pessimist says the cup is half empty. The Optimist says the cup is half full. The Pragmatist says the cup is half full of air. The Engineer says the cup is operating at 50% capacity. The Psychologist says the cup is your mother. The Punk Kid also says the cup is your mother. The Cricket Player says his cup is definately full. Everyone knows that Pamela Andersons cups are full. The Defendant says it was like that when he found it. Me, I just ask the waitress for a refill.

• marca1marca1 Member Posts: 57

You should also check out Roma Victor for innovation in an mmorpg, is due to launch open beta very soon. :)

http://www.roma-victor.com

-Marca

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

The reason is you can't please everyone all of the time so at any given point there is going to someone or a group of peeps that aren't happy with a particular mmorpg. That and people have different tastes, and if a particular mmorpg that they have invested their time and money in does not meet those tastes, then they usually sound off about it.

My theory is, if a mmorpg has a trial check it out and try and find out as much about the game before you sub being possibly disappointed several months down the road that you spent xxx amount hours in said game and spent xxx dollars.

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

Originally posted by ianubisi
    Most people you meet are annoyed at life in general...it just tends to bleed over, don't you know.Yeah i guess thats true..but the mmorpgs i've played is like ok grinding grinding grinding...drop lvl grinding grinding its like whats te point in doing this execpt i'm just wasteing away my life

Actually I'm not sure telling him to check out a game will solve anything. Check out the psychiatrist section of his local yellow pages might be good advice though.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

If a game try to hook me for 200 hours or less (Baldur, Morrowind & friends), I may praise them a lot(Baldur), say it is a nice game(Morrowind) or just move on(most single RPG titles).

If a game try to hook me more then 200 hours every month (like 300) and add a monthly fee...they open the big yap I have in front of me if they cant deliver what they say they are delivering.

Domination:Massive assult is the last nice game I try, quite enjoy it for like 150 hours.  World at War was a deception, quite tedious for no reasons.  However, they never pretend they would last quite long before I bored.

WoW was not even able to last a day.  DAoC was dead on my interest level after 2 weeks.  EQ2 after a week, FF XI Customer service lack beyond comon sense, unable to let new customers to play the game once = trash for the MMORPG standards.  EQ was good to hold my interest for years, and CoH must have been half a year...so I praise both of them.  Yet, those I praise have interest me at least 1200 hours, we are far from the 200 or less.  If a game cant clearly out distance the 200 hours limit, either for motivation, for content or whatever, call itself a MMORPG and publicised features that they dont deliver(SoE lies about solo been a prime exemple of lying publicity), well I am going to flames them a LOT. WoW lack quite much, FFXI is down the pit as a Massively Multiplayers Online Roleplaying Jams(unable to play, scums trash of the lowest level), EQ2 and DAoC were not that bad, but they are in for a few crusty comments despites some nice stuffs they bring for the market.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

Babelfish appears to be broken.

Please stop comparing single player RPGs to MMOs Ano. It really does seem out of place on an MMO site.

Given your constant railing against MMOs for not being more like RPGs by offering content you can play without needing to interact with anyone, it's too bad you don't like PvP too, so you could play Guild Wars and just be happy and quit criticizing EVERY SINGLE MMO for being an MMO.

And what game anywhere tries to hook you for 200 hours a month? That's ridiculous. Playing 40 hours a week is 160 hours a month. That's normal working hours in this country. No game intends to provide anyone anywhere with 200 hours PER MONTH of play. MAYBE 100 hours a month, but gaming companies aren't going to model content after someone who chews through it at 40 hrs per week because they have no job. If you haven't noticed, their business model sort of depends on players shelling out monthly, which requires a real job.

It seems the more I read your criticism the more it seems you don't care about the MMO part at all. Community is never an issue for you, it's all about offering you something to do when you're NOT interacting with the community. It's not their fault you're incapable of joining a guild, making friends, and contributing to the community. It's certainly not their job to provide you with gems so you can do something while you wait LFG, and it's not their fault that you liked EQ1 because you could exploit the game mechanics by kiting as a druid or wizard, charm-kiting with a chanter, or soloing as a necro. Those techniques were player-made. McQuaid et al that you idolize so much never intended solo play to be that pervasive in EQ1.

I don't get why you want to play MMOs at all. You only ever praise RPGs. I really do think you're on the wrong site.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

Its just that the restrictions of MMorpgs are so annoying when i think ia true MMorpg i think of a player run comminty where players can take the jobs of NPCs and get paid and be an avg person in a different world. Not like spend half his life trying to be a Uber god like player.

For example SWG If i chould just be an avg Intergaltic Transport pilot while trying to sell information about the war and liveing off that that'd be awsome and i'm be interested in it.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Maybe the public and average gamer has out grown the MMORPG. Maybe paper and pencil RPGs will make a surging comeback, what once was old is new etc. Maybe we are just older and other concerns are taking over. Maybe years from now we will say " You crazy kids and your new fangled vitual realtor head sets. In my day we had grinding MMORPGs with crappy graphics and no customer service and we liked it."

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

Originally posted by Dedthom

Maybe the public and average gamer has out grown the MMORPG. Maybe paper and pencil RPGs will make a surging comeback, what once was old is new etc. Maybe we are just older and other concerns are taking over. Maybe years from now we will say " You crazy kids and your new fangled vitual realtor head sets. In my day we had grinding MMORPGs with crappy graphics and no customer service and we liked it."

lol, thats like saying computers are going out of style.  Just because the original poster things that gamers are getting annoyed with MMORPGs, doesnt mean anything.  The market has grown considerably over the past two years, especially with the release of WoW and GW.

Originally posted by Dedthom

Lol yeh thoose were the days

Originally posted by doobster

lol, thats like saying computers are going out of style.  Just because the original poster things that gamers are getting annoyed with MMORPGs, doesnt mean anything.  The market has grown considerably over the past two years, especially with the release of WoW and GW.

Well...if it wasn't for the every 1,000 who have a life:there is 1 no life nerd

out of a county of like 296 milion MMorpgs whould be acutally dead

I'm not saying all ppl who play MMorpgs are nerds or have no life i'm say that there are a 1,000:1 ratio of the ppl that will spend day and night(and i don't mean a week or a month i mean like forever) playing a game

• APEistAPEist Member UncommonPosts: 409

yea, darkfall for the win:)

well, hopefully hehe

The noob formally not known as not being the formally not unkown known APEist; The Stone Cold Killer of Tarq.