Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a new game!!!

2»

Comments

• Dark_HUmarDark_HUmar Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by azulokuala

Sorry im on the same situation, i would love to play vindictus but im from europe :<

Mythos comes out soon in Europe which is a Diablo like game personaly I am waiting for that game

• BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62

I am in the same situation... I play UO ( love it ) , EQ1 ( Love it ) EQ2 ( dont like ), LOTRO ( kind of fun but empty ), DDO ( Not fun ) , Warhammer( not fun ) Wow ( love it ).. and i have played Eve Online since the begin of this game, It is really différent and refresing, give it a try.. The learning curve is really hard but the market is better then UO ( the best Market game i ever see ) It is really immersive, the graphic and pvp is great.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Might be time to put the kidds games on the shelf.. and come PLAY a mans game... EVE ONLINE... if you have the balls that is..

• tyrrintyrrin Member UncommonPosts: 39

From what I understand about EVE is that if you havent played since day 1 there is no way to EVER catch up, that and the combat looks boring as whack a mole. Not my cup of beer I dont thinkl.

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

Originally posted by tyrrin

Hey all, I am in need of a new game! I have been playing WoW Cataclysm since launch, and WoW in general for the past 5 years... I have played Asherons Call (LOVED IT), UO, EQ 1 and 2, Conan, WAR, several others that I cant even think of right now... And I am bored to tears!

The new WoW XPac feels more like a job than a game, and I just cant stand it anymore... Deleted all my toons and closed my account so that there is no insentive to ever go back!

Now I am drooling over SW:TOR, playing the RIFT Beta, and just watched 50 minutes of Guild Wars (WOW!!! is all i can say about that). but i need something to pass the time! I am stuck in a dungeon on a base for 10 hours a day with nothing to do but play mmo's. Please suggestions! I need a game that is straight up fun and doesnt feel like a job/grind...

Tell me about your game and why I should jump on! I seriously appreciate it!

Well you are maby burned out of mmo's? I also play single player games and online shooters, because sometimes I also get bored from mmo's ;) So if you don't know what to do I recommand you to play something else. Maby you find something you like. There were some nice sales on steam last two weeks. But even without sales, I'm sure you can find a cheap and nice game over there. For example I bought myself : Left 4 dead 2. It was his 6 euros well spend! really a great game with a fun multiplayer. I also bought mount and blade warband. A sweet rpg. I find it a bid hard to get into it, but I'm starting to like it :-) I also have global agenda now, haven't played it yet, but it's something new for me. Annyway, if you're bored, try to find a nice game outside the mmo's, just my advice ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

From what I understand about EVE is that if you havent played since day 1 there is no way to EVER catch up, that and the combat looks boring as whack a mole. Not my cup of beer I dont thinkl.

Many will argue with you, but you are both right and wrong.  Starting a new toon in EVE is an effort in frustration without a lot of coaching now days.  You could do it, but likely you will find the gameplay boring based on what you said.  As far as catching up, true, you can never catch up to a vet who continues to play.  No matter what vets say, vets will always have the upperhand against a newb.  The only way you beat them is catching them unfit for the particular fight you bring, ie:  they are unprepared.  Sadly it is the newbs that are nearly universally caught unprepared.  Oh, and the pve gameplay is more boring than watching paint dry.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Minecraft is in beta now. Grab a "Survivor" Multiplayer Server (8-100+ players) and have some fun. For me it is a good break from traditional MMOs.

• NokkersNokkers Member UncommonPosts: 32

I'm in the same boat as you.  I need a game in between Rift beta events.  I try to keep busy with Xbox 360 games, but it just doesn't do it for me.  I wish Rift and Guild Wars 2 would just release already!

• NikojNikoj Member Posts: 57

You should try Divine Souls....

-It's casual so it doesn't feel like a job

-It's hack&slash + a great grapling system that must be underlined so it's different than the games you listed and does offer a lot more excitment 

-Is playable in the EU

And now for the bad news... Outspark fucked it up so hard they can't fix it for 10 days now.... but  keep track on it and in the near future it might come back up.

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Hey all, I am in need of a new game! I have been playing WoW Cataclysm since launch, and WoW in general for the past 5 years... I have played Asherons Call (LOVED IT), UO, EQ 1 and 2, Conan, WAR, several others that I cant even think of right now... And I am bored to tears!

The new WoW XPac feels more like a job than a game, and I just cant stand it anymore... Deleted all my toons and closed my account so that there is no insentive to ever go back!

Now I am drooling over SW:TOR, playing the RIFT Beta, and just watched 50 minutes of Guild Wars (WOW!!! is all i can say about that). but i need something to pass the time! I am stuck in a dungeon on a base for 10 hours a day with nothing to do but play mmo's. Please suggestions! I need a game that is straight up fun and doesnt feel like a job/grind...

Tell me about your game and why I should jump on! I seriously appreciate it!

Lol,  I love Asheron's Call too(RIP).  You might want to try out Sword 2(Sword of the new world).  Its free and have good graphic. Ton of characters to play, has pvp too.

Kain_Dale