Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Most Anticipated MMO

Comments

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

always expected it to go to GW2 and much deserved although its 2nd on my personal list if I wasnt a massive SW fanboi I have no doubt it would be no 1 on my list.

It only has the highest sustained ranking because its good at not making enemies the WOW fanboi's troll of the year goes to TOR so it is the game being given 1's by the WoW fanbois just like they did with Aion, DF and Aoc before those.

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by ashfallen

That should have been "I keep waiting... " Sorry for the Typo, and sorry I offended your sensitive nature about a GAME.

Sorry your game didn't win an internet poll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM&feature=related

• ashfallenashfallen Member Posts: 186

Originally posted by Werthe

Originally posted by ashfallen

That should have been "I keep waiting... " Sorry for the Typo, and sorry I offended your sensitive nature about a GAME.

Sorry your game didn't win an internet poll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM&feature=related

Just gonna ignore you now young man, I voted for GW2 also.

• elosmokeelosmoke Member Posts: 7

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I'm not surprised to see GW2 win this, they look like they are the only one of the ones listed that actually got me interested.   What I am surprised about was the margin of the win over SWTOR.   There has massive amount of hype around SWTOR and tons of articles about it here, and it got decimated in the voting here.

Bioware best be taking note of this.

• tfcownertfcowner Member Posts: 5

In my opinion SWTOR will be a good game but will turn out like WAR infact i think it has alot in common with war... not in the fact of gamplay but in the fact that they both were basically using WOW mechanics and adding some new stuff to mix it up! It looks like it will be fun and thats ok

GW2 on the other hand is attempting to be 10x more innovative... no more triad system, no more waiting for healers. When you save a village from an attack of minitaurs (completley random example) the minitaurs wont just respond... but if you let the minitaurs destroy the village it will actually end up destroyed rather than you getting a second chance. These are things that the concept of MMO's many years ago were supposed to include but were never done. Im srry all you SWTOR fans but thats why GW2 wins this poll... however i must say that it wont be easy to make this happen and GW2 could end being a total fail, but if they do manage to pull of EVERYTHING they have promised so far, i can honestly see this becoming the new WOW

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by tfcowner

In my opinion SWTOR will be a good game but will turn out like WAR infact i think it has alot in common with war... not in the fact of gamplay but in the fact that they both were basically using WOW mechanics and adding some new stuff to mix it up! It looks like it will be fun and thats ok

GW2 on the other hand is attempting to be 10x more innovative... no more triad system, no more waiting for healers. When you save a village from an attack of minitaurs (completley random example) the minitaurs wont just respond... but if you let the minitaurs destroy the village it will actually end up destroyed rather than you getting a second chance. These are things that the concept of MMO's many years ago were supposed to include but were never done. Im srry all you SWTOR fans but thats why GW2 wins this poll... however i must say that it wont be easy to make this happen and GW2 could end being a total fail, but if they do manage to pull of EVERYTHING they have promised so far, i can honestly see this becoming the new WOW

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

Other then removing the trinity system and making everyone be able to do everything, and the De system, there really isn't much more innovation.  DE are basically repeatable public quests that may have interaction on other repeatable public quest.

Other then that it's basically like every other fantasy genre mmo to date.

I also wouldnt count ToR out yet.  They have put a major empahsis on story but they also do have quite a few new features, like character morphs, multimob fighting, as well as cover systems and companions

Both games i'm sure will be great, we just gotta hope they deliever on what they promise.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I am utterly surprised...

Or not?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Grats to gw2. Cant wait to hear more info about it.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

this was not suprise at all but rift didnt get that many percents as i thought it would

• OhMyGothOhMyGoth Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by kishe

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by kishe

SWTOR is basically KOTOR3 with integrated chatroom...i'm sure you can even turn off seeing other players for the ultimate casual experience

Guild Wars 2 at least tries to be more of a MMO than GW1 was

Uninformed bashing yet again.  You  haven't even looked at the game have you?

I would point you to the full feature list which proves the above wrong but it's pointless, you won't look

Note to others, read the full feature list for ToR before coming to the above conclusion.

How anyone can come to the conclusion you just came to Kishe is beyond me.  After everything they have released it should have been obvious what the game is now.  Just try and take a look at the game before coming to a conclusion.  This one is null at the moment as it's based on almost zero info.

Oh I have...All the way to how they highlight how their advanced henchman system makes it you dont ever have to look for group again!

Just like GW1, the H/H combo in GW1 made it to where you didn't need a group to beat the content, i easily managed to clear all 3 campaigns and the expansion with no help what so ever. I expect GW2 to be the same way, to be able to solo all the content. There is people who like grouping and others who don't, so i expect them to cater to both groupers and soloers.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Definitely GW2. Buy the box, no monthly fees. It's the MMO you can play forever. The gameplay looks real sexy too.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Corthagath

this was not suprise at all but rift didnt get that many percents as i thought it would

I'm not surprised that GW2 ran away with it here.

I'm also not surprised at the weak showing for RIFT - it really is a "more of the same" game.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• BunnykingBunnyking Member UncommonPosts: 126

Read some of the replies to my message, but to be honest, I don't feel I need to justify my opinion to you. Taste differs, that's the bottom line, but to humor you, here's my own personal NCsoft track record:

I liked Lineage 2's graphics, but I didn't like Lineage 2 one bit. Total fail of a game.

Saw GW's graphics, thought it looked nice. I didn't like GW one bit. Crap game.

Again, I loved the look of Aion and I hoped I would like that game, but ended up being very very disappointed in it and quitting even before my free 30 days were up.

I only tried City of Heroes in a free trial, but it was also very disappointing.

In short, imo: NCSoft is good at publishing turds that are wrapped in really cool wrappingpaper and tied up with a beautiful silk bow. But after you unwrap it, it's still a smelly turd.

And I DID see that gameplay footage. You think it's impossible for someone to hate something, just because you like it? Go back to the start of this post and read the first 2 lines again. :)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Bunnyking

Read some of the replies to my message, but to be honest, I don't feel I need to justify my opinion to you. Taste differs, that's the bottom line, but to humor you, here's my own personal NCsoft track record:

I liked Lineage 2's graphics, but I didn't like Lineage 2 one bit. Total fail of a game.

Saw GW's graphics, thought it looked nice. I didn't like GW one bit. Crap game.

Again, I loved the look of Aion and I hoped I would like that game, but ended up being very very disappointed in it and quitting even before my free 30 days were up.

I only tried City of Heroes in a free trial, but it was also very disappointing.

In short, imo: NCSoft is good at publishing turds that are wrapped in really cool wrappingpaper and tied up with a beautiful silk bow. But after you unwrap it, it's still a smelly turd.

And I DID see that gameplay footage. You think it's impossible for someone to hate something, just because you like it? Go back to the start of this post and read the first 2 lines again. :)

Hey, I just wanted to know why you hated them. I didn't think Lineage was a good game either but I lurved GW and CoX and Tabula Rasa and no I didn't like Aion too much. I do believe NC has the capacity to make great games. They've made GW and CoX which are critically acclaimed games and they also made Aion which is a smashing sucess in Korea... so nah I won't say they are all bad but rather they just don't fit your bill. Don't let that stop you from giving GW2 a try though, unless you've got that hate thing down like a Sith Lord on Korriban.

This is not a game.

• JLVDBJLVDB Member Posts: 281

EA is already losing. Although SW:TOR will certainly be the most polished game launched in 2011.

But I wonder who will win with a Korean NC Soft publishing game in the long run?

In view of their old publishing records, I doubt it will be the players.

What will it be this time? Millions of fake eastern players or sold discs counted as players ?

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by tfcowner

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

Other then removing the trinity system and making everyone be able to do everything, and the De system, there really isn't much more innovation.  DE are basically repeatable public quests that may have interaction on other repeatable public quest.

Other then that it's basically like every other fantasy genre mmo to date.

I also wouldnt count ToR out yet.  They have put a major empahsis on story but they also do have quite a few new features, like character morphs, multimob fighting, as well as cover systems and companions

Both games i'm sure will be great, we just gotta hope they deliever on what they promise.

It has bar brawls.... no other MMo has bar brawls....

This is not a game.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by JLVDB

EA is already losing. Although SW:TOR will certainly be the most polished game launched in 2011.

But I wonder who will win with a Korean NC Soft publishing game in the long run?

GW2 may be published by NCsoft but it is made by Arenanet who are situated in Bellavue, WA. I highly doubt there will be very much that is korean about gw2.

The players won when it came to GW1 and NC was loving the cash, why would it be different here? Especially when GW is one of their most successful franchises.

This is not a game.

Originally posted by Zeroxin

The players won when it came to GW1 and NC was loving the cash, why would it be different here? Especially when GW is one of their most successful franchises.

I was talking about the fake millions of GW players they advertised by putting sold discs (including expansions) on their boxes.

L1 + L2,, Aion and Tabula Rasa were equally pushed through western players stomachs with "millions" that never materialised, nor supported by any reasonable infrastructure.

I think SW:TOR is a safer bet to see something more polished, less instanced and more supported for its players.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

GW2 is way, wayyy overhyped now.

Hope it delivers the goods as everyone is making it out to be.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

need i go on? :D i dread it when games fall on this list

• ircaddictsircaddicts Member UncommonPosts: 218

LoL look at all the swtor fanbois crying in thier milk. never mind mommy will kiss it better and then you can go back to your cot for a nap.

Top 3 MMO's PRE-CU SWG GW1 GW2

Worst 2 wow and Lotro Under standing stones it went woke 

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44

Bioware chose the wrong game engine for an SWTOR.  Hero engine is just bleh, ugly and not optimized at all.  Hell, the damn dev's can't even make/release a MMO(Hero's Journey) out of their own engine(talking about Simutronics Corporation).   So I prefer GW2.   Look's very nice, optimized, more open than GW1, good gameplay from what I've seen.

Originally posted by miagisan

need i go on? :D i dread it when games fall on this list

So that's FF 14 - Aion - Darkfall - Warhammer - Age of Conan.

:)) Great list I must say :)

So the readers of this site are not very good at making predictions...

That's the least we can say.