Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will happen when the NDA is lifted

13»

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by thamighty213

"its like a million voices all cried out in fanboiism and were suddenly silenced"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

LOL, thanks !

Na, I dont think it will be THAT awful.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Dear OP,

• People will openly be allowed to discuss Beta Experiences, without the threat of execution or banning.

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by knyghttearer

the only real way to anticipate this game is to limit ur excitement to what u actually know is in the game. there are lots of videos and dev conversations that provide us with plenty of information. unfortunately, most of the people banging down these forum doors are blatantly ignoreing the facts  and blowing their expectations out of proportion both good and bad.  i have been in multiple betas over the years and learned one main thing,  ignore the hype and the bullsh@# from the loud mouths in the forums. the games are almost always pretty much what i expected when i based my impressions on the facts that were presented.  I look forward to seeing u all in the game.

You obviously didnt watch the dev diarys for warhammer haha jk ;)

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Lets all go back to Ultima Online.  Or wait , Maplestory is cheesey and makes my head hurt from bright 2D colors we should play that. 

SwTor is probably a developer (Bioware) trying to take your money and run.  I may be bashing Bioware but its not Bioware really. It was whoever was hired to work on SwTor's fault that the game is bad.  These days I wonder if the developers take a look at the game they made and say wow I really built a piece of crap. 

There no WoW clones since a clone is an exact replica. I wish there was a WoW clone that was exactly like WoW ( same world, same races, same skills, same crafting, same everything get my drift?) and it was free to play,   but that would be against the law( maybe). 

This game is flop and so are all the other run of the mill MMO's going to be released this year. (note: didn't say WoW clone)

It is time to put the RPG back into MMORPG

-I am here to perform logic

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Isane

Dear OP,

• People will openly be allowed to discuss Beta Experiences, without the threat of execution or banning.

Actually Isane, the NDA is a standard argeement that stops people from talking about beta testing outside of a closed forum that only beta testers can get into.  AFTER the NDA is lifted they will be allowed to talk about their beta experience without any worries.  That statement simply means that after the NDA ends they will not throw the death switch if you post bad things about the game.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Theonenoni

Lets all go back to Ultima Online.  Or wait , Maplestory is cheesey and makes my head hurt from bright 2D colors we should play that. 

SwTor is probably a developer (Bioware) trying to take your money and run.  I may be bashing Bioware but its not Bioware really. It was whoever was hired to work on SwTor's fault that the game is bad.  These days I wonder if the developers take a look at the game they made and say wow I really built a piece of crap. 

There no WoW clones since a clone is an exact replica. I wish there was a WoW clone that was exactly like WoW ( same world, same races, same skills, same crafting, same everything get my drift?) and it was free to play,   but that would be against the law( maybe). 

This game is flop and so are all the other run of the mill MMO's going to be released this year. (note: didn't say WoW clone)

I take it from your post here that you have some yummy first hand knowledge from beta testing SWTOR?  Please do tell.  We would all love you hear what you were able to see in the game and what exactly is so bad about it.

Oh . . . you didn't beta test it and so are nothing more than a TROLL.  Thanks again, putting you on ignore now.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

In most places, I imagine the reaction will be pretty positive. A few complaints towards the game being linear/themepark and complaints on bugs that exist in a beta, but otherwise positive.

On MMORPG.com, on the other hand, I expect trolling, flaming, baiting, and the kind of slander that really tests the limits of what can legally be claimed about another person/company before it's considered slander. Oh, and I fully expect the moderators to back up the trolls and plenty of warnings handed out to anyone who corrects a troll.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

You know what, if they are positive or negative reviews Ill never know because there is a direct correlation between the state of MMOs (in my mind at least lol) and my frequency of visiting to sites like this. Once I am fully engrossed in a game having fun, then I normally stick to the main forums. Hopefully by the time the NDA is lifted I'll be fully engrossed in open beta and beyond. I usually come here when I am searching for the next good thing to play. If this ends up to be that game, I won't care whether the reviews are negative or positive because me and the majority of the population that don't visit these types of forums will actually be playing the game lol. Those who post here are more of a sub culture, like our own little geeky family bickering over little things. :-0

There Is Always Hope!

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

I said negative because the haters will be the only ones motivated enough to rant about it.

Those that like it will be too busy playing to care.

As for myself, I'm not as nearly as excited about this game as I should be being a huge SW fan.  Maybe as a previous poster mentioned, I'm just severely tempering my expectations and ignoring all the hype due to past let downs.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

Originally posted by GMan3

I take it from your post here that you have some yummy first hand knowledge from beta testing SWTOR?  Please to tell.  We would all love you hear what you were able to see in the game and what exactly is so bad about it.

Oh . . . you didn't beta test it and so are nothing more than a TROLL.  Thanks again, putting you on ignore now.

Ummm..... nothing is bad, its just un-original.

-I am here to perform logic

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by GMan3

I take it from your post here that you have some yummy first hand knowledge from beta testing SWTOR?  Please to tell.  We would all love you hear what you were able to see in the game and what exactly is so bad about it.

Ummm..... nothing is bad, its just un-original.

Might want to point you to the feature list.  Quite a few things going on that others haven't done. The link is in my sig.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.