Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I m sick of leveling too fast.

Comments

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

Originally posted by JLVDB

Originally posted by WraithHunter

Until I read this thread, I thought I was the only one that was sick of leveling to cap in a matter of days/weeks.

I agree with OP.

Since you can turn off EXP gains any time, it shows the problem is solved any time for any player.

You want to stay longer in the leveling path?

No problem at all these days: turn off exp gains in this or that level and zone (EQ2 - WOW).

QQ-ing about something that has been solved years ago already.

You can do this (EXP OFF) for Role Playing, Professions, Vintage gear collections, achievements, reputations or being better in PvP in your bracket.

And the advantage: it is your decision when and how to stop or level fast.

So I don't see the problem at all.

Lol you just dont get it in someways i envy you.

• JLVDBJLVDB Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by zazz

Until I read this thread, I thought I was the only one that was sick of leveling to cap in a matter of days/weeks.

I agree with OP.

Since you can turn off EXP gains any time, it shows the problem is solved any time for any player.

No problem at all these days: turn off exp gains in this or that level and zone (EQ2 - WOW).

You can do this (EXP OFF) for Role Playing, Professions, Vintage gear collections, achievements, reputations or being better in PvP in your bracket.

I don"t get what ? That you QQ about something that has been solved in decent western MMO's since years.

You choose the gaming speed, OFF/ON experience gains at free will.

What more do you want ?

I play most of my characters for 2 years before even reaching end game in WOW. Played time average = 40 days, that's

1000 + Hours to reach it.

Learn to play an MMORPG in 2011: levels are just another mechanism you can control at your own free will.

A pity most people no longer have a free will....

I agree with OP.

I don"t get what ? That you QQ about something that has been solved in decent western MMO's since years.

You choose the gaming speed, OFF/ON experience gains at free will.

What more do you want ?

I play most of my characters for 2 years before even reaching end game in WOW. Played time average = 40 days, that's

1000 + Hours to reach it.

Learn to play an MMORPG in 2011: levels are just another mechanism you can control at your own free will.

A pity most people no longer have a free will....

Ok i work with you on this one a go along with you simplistic mindset , yes you are right you can turn off the xp gain , you can also just stand in a field for a few days and watch the sun rise and fall you can even repeatedly jump of the highest mauntain and kamakaze yourself to death. yes your right but should you need to do is the question you should be asking yourself.

Nm its failed question im sure on you but i do mean it when i say i envy you.

And welcome to the forums ;)

Ok i work with you on this one a go along with you simplistic mindset , yes you are right you can turn off the xp gain , you can also just stand in a field for a few days and watch the sun rise and fall you can even repeatedly jump of the highest mauntain and kamakaze yourself to death. yes your right but should you need to do is the question you should be asking yourself.

Yesterday I downed a 44 level Warlock with my 28 lvl hunter in a duel... in ... that fast level game called WOW.

How is that possible ? Perhaps being all dressed in item level 40 blue and honored in WSG already gives the answer as well as making required level 35 healing potions...in stopped EXP.

See the picture? No ?

Ok, well then I am playing an mmorpg and you only can paint between some pre drawn lines.

Guess who is having the most fun ?

Yesterday I downed a 44 level Warlock with my 28 lvl hunter in a duel... in ... that fast level game called WOW.

How is that possible ? Perhaps being all dressed in item level 40 blue and honored in WSG already gives the answer as well as making required level 35 healing potions...in stopped EXP.

See the picture? No ?

Ok, well then I am playing an mmorpg and you only can paint between some pre drawn lines.

Yes you so right once again cause no one else here including myself does nothing else than just grind to max an bypass all social interection and any other self made content or pre made content outside the scope of xp gain, i still envy you maybe little more so now.

See the picture? No ?

Yes you so right once again cause no one else here including myself does nothing else than just grind to max an bypass all social interection and any other self made content or pre made content outside the scope of xp gain, i still envy you maybe little more so now.

In the end it is the player's choice how he plays.

If all you want to see is "levels" you are playing games that were made 10 years ago.

See the picture? No ?

In the end it is the player's choice how he plays.

If all you want to see is "levels" you are playing games that were made 10 years ago.

That is the only inteillgent thing you have said so far, good on you.

And to be fair your opinion is as valid to a degree as anyone else, but the OP and few others here including myself here are a different breed of MMO player, doesnt make us any better just different.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Majority of people here still consider youself gamers in the sense theres a common bond between you and the Game Companies/Devs where you would be together to enjoy a product that defines them in game by there skill and capabilities & you in game to make it alive.

This is not the case anymore you are just merely Bread & Butter .....a means to a end, as in real life we are slaves to the economy you are now a $ sign no more no less, better get use to it cause they will conitnue to rape you and recondition you until theres nothing left of this market and your hopes.

And to be fair there doing a good job of it so dont expect love poured into a game like days gone by now its pure capitalism.

There are still people who makes game because the love games even if large publishers like EA and Activision are "taking the fun out of making games (quote: the boss of Activision).

Companies like CCP, Arenanet and many others actually play their own games and if you look on the most successful games in the history of gaming are most actually made with love.

And gamers are the one who knows how to make fun games, not suits who just want to earn a buck. I think this is the reason so many MMOs have gone down the drain the last few years, instead of focusing on making a fun game do the devs focus on making stuff they think will sell, preferably by getting famous IPs.

Many talented people never gets a chance to make a great game but some still do, some devs are famous enough to stand up against the suits and sometimes a good game actually releases.

Arenanet lets their personal play 2 hours a day, that is mandatory. CCP merged with one of the largest pen and paper RPG companies and they clearly like what they are doing.

So if 9 out of 10 games are commercial crap that isn't a problem, there will always be a few odd games by talented people. like Minecraft. Don't play anything you consider crap and everything will be fine.

Originally posted by Loke666

Majority of people here still consider youself gamers in the sense theres a common bond between you and the Game Companies/Devs where you would be together to enjoy a product that defines them in game by there skill and capabilities & you in game to make it alive.

This is not the case anymore you are just merely Bread & Butter .....a means to a end, as in real life we are slaves to the economy you are now a $ sign no more no less, better get use to it cause they will conitnue to rape you and recondition you until theres nothing left of this market and your hopes.

And to be fair there doing a good job of it so dont expect love poured into a game like days gone by now its pure capitalism.

There are still people who makes game because the love games even if large publishers like EA and Activision are "taking the fun out of making games (quote: the boss of Activision).

Companies like CCP, Arenanet and many others actually play their own games and if you look on the most successful games in the history of gaming are most actually made with love.

And gamers are the one who knows how to make fun games, not suits who just want to earn a buck. I think this is the reason so many MMOs have gone down the drain the last few years, instead of focusing on making a fun game do the devs focus on making stuff they think will sell, preferably by getting famous IPs.

Many talented people never gets a chance to make a great game but some still do, some devs are famous enough to stand up against the suits and sometimes a good game actually releases.

Arenanet lets their personal play 2 hours a day, that is mandatory. CCP merged with one of the largest pen and paper RPG companies and they clearly like what they are doing.

So if 9 out of 10 games are commercial crap that isn't a problem, there will always be a few odd games by talented people. like Minecraft. Don't play anything you consider crap and everything will be fine.

Good reply and good examples, theres always exceptions.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Dril

Originally posted by Rydeson

So you repeat the same dungeon over and over, until the next one opens up?  So basically, you're saying is that if you choose to be a group player from 1-60, only 15% of the game applies to you?  This also means you are stuck on the "loot" drop table for that dungeon so your character is actually gimping himself, and you sacrifice any ability to harvest mats for crafting for the most part.. I would think a 4 rating would be more accurate..

Dungeon loot is better than quest loot, and any green drops you get in the dungeon you can wear as well. So, no, you don't gimp yourself.  Really?  Let me check that loot table again in Deadmines on what armor a Warrior can wear.. and I'll check to on which herbs I can harvest too.. LOL  Then maybe, the cloth casting class can gear up in Deadmines too..  The facts still remain that dungeon loot while leveling is NOT your primary way of gearing, it only suppliments..

A lot of dungeons have mats in them, and a fair few mobs can be harvested (skinning obviously, some elementals for mining and herbalism.) So, yeah, no.  Which dungeons have herbalism nodes? Can you pick minerals in Stockade? SFK?  Like I said, dungeons are about 15% of the game, lets be honest and not try to portray that is' a majority of the game leveling from 1-60.. 

BTW.. make sure to NOT include Quest rewards as part of the dungeon loot table, since those come after you do the PvE questlines first.. Remember we are excluding PvE questing outside the dungeons.. :)  BTW.. can you do deamines at 1st level?

• glaglablargglaglablarg Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Axehilt

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by jadedlevir

I gotta ask, why not just play a f2p game. Theres plenty based entirely on party/solo grinding on mobs and quest.

I knew someone would say this. I appreciate the comment, but it s more the journey then the grind. I rarely look at my xp bar, of course I want to level, but it s my last priority.

Then why do you dislike WOW, with its quest content so much superior to other MMORPGs on the market?

It has the better journey, why are you focusing on the dings coming in faster?

The problem with WoW, (which OP seems to agree with, if i understand him correctly) is that it's leveling is badly paced in comparison to it's content. I cannot, for example do all quests in a zone without ending up above it's intended level range. I often find that I have to drop quest chains halfway through to move on to the next zone. With the focus on zonewide storylines this just seems strange. Then add exp from dungeons, gathering and PvP and you've got a playing experience that feels... chopped up. The odd thing is that the new zones for 80-85 are actually much better paced.

Originally posted by Loke666

And gamers are the one who knows how to make fun games, not suits who just want to earn a buck.

First: Activision is still not publishing any MMO's.

You will not even find Activision on the box of Cataclysm: it is Blizzard, the only publisher with ONE company name on the boxes.

Blizzard kept its own identity, both on the box and in its financial result pages as part of Vivendi.

Secondly your secret preaching of ArenNet is quite clear as Arenanet is OWNED by NCSoft.

On every box sold of GW1 there is in BIG FAT letters: Korean NCSoft.

Korean owned NCSoft stands for almost fraude these days with their financial reports hunting them down in every corner of the earth.

It is enough to browse through some financial reports these last few weeks to see the state of their business questioned.

So explain me why Arenanet should be more "holy" than Blizzard ?

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

If it's not been said yet you should try out Darkfall Online, you most certainly won't max your character there in days / weeks. The entire game from PvP to PvE will revolve around leveling your character but it has a steep progression curve the further you get into it.

But you'd also have to be up for a challenge unlike Aion/WoW.

• wisesquirrelwisesquirrel Member UncommonPosts: 282

The problem in MMOs is that they were originally about leveling,but once players reached endgame they had to make "endgame content" to keep the subscribers and make leveling faster so players can reach this constant "endgame" content.

By doing this players have lost all progression so the Devs force them to "do this endgame content to" get epic lo0tz or g3ar which brings them up to a "currently competent level for a while", they repeat this cycle by adding new content.

My solution to this endgame vs leveling is the following:

Make endgame the leveling...yes.

The leveling process will be a never ending limbo in which the players gains different skills depending on which content he completes to add to his arsenal. He would only be able to use a few of these at any given time so instead of spamming all his skills, he would just customize his playstyle to become unique.

It isn't really a problem you can't solve, but tyou will encounter new problems in the process like the fact this could not work out in a buttonmashing MMO so well (Solution, change something else).

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Originally posted by glaglablarg

Originally posted by Leucent

Originally posted by jadedlevir

I gotta ask, why not just play a f2p game. Theres plenty based entirely on party/solo grinding on mobs and quest.

I knew someone would say this. I appreciate the comment, but it s more the journey then the grind. I rarely look at my xp bar, of course I want to level, but it s my last priority.

Then why do you dislike WOW, with its quest content so much superior to other MMORPGs on the market?

It has the better journey, why are you focusing on the dings coming in faster?

The problem with WoW, (which OP seems to agree with, if i understand him correctly) is that it's leveling is badly paced in comparison to it's content. I cannot, for example do all quests in a zone without ending up above it's intended level range. I often find that I have to drop quest chains halfway through to move on to the next zone. With the focus on zonewide storylines this just seems strange. Then add exp from dungeons, gathering and PvP and you've got a playing experience that feels... chopped up. The odd thing is that the new zones for 80-85 are actually much better paced.

Well to a large degree that's player choice.  You have a set of activities in front of you: grouping, gathering, questing, exploration, and PVP.  It's completely up to the player which of these activities they engage in to progress.

To me that's a very good thing (and between all those activities and all the leveling zones you could quest in, actually gives players a pretty high amount of freedom to choose between.)

My leveling mage hasn't got too far ahead of questing in a given zone, and I queue for dungeons nearly every time I'm on (which seems to result in 40-60% of his XP coming from grouping, despite the pretty significant wait between queues.)  But I guess maybe Thousand Needles is a short zone nowadays so that's why I only came out slightly ahead. 

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Avoid western made mmorpgs stick to korean ones, grindy like hell your cup of tea :).  If not get out the kitchen so I can make my coffee.

Take a look at Tera maybe.

Originally posted by Deleted User

Originally posted by Rydeson

So how much of a challenge is leveling in WoW when there are 4 of you grouped up?.. Does the 4 person actually get a chance to HIT the mob before it's dead?  Then these questlines I keep hearing about and phasing.. What if ya'll don't always play together at the same time.. Are there problems in grouping?  Really..  on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being horrible) how group friendly and "CHALLENGING" is WoW in leveling 1-80?.. 

With 4 people, you wouldn't quest.  You'd dungeon crawl.  At that point, the tank controls the rate of mob pulling (and thus the challenge -- and also the rate of advancement.) 

So it's relatively dynamic.  If you want more challenge, you pull more/faster, and you get more XP/loot faster.  You get exactly as much challenge as the group wants (or is capable of.)

I suppose I'd give it a 6 (2 points deducted for no difficulty options (heroics) while leveling; 2 points deducted for no sidekick system so that friends can still group when there's a 4+ level difference.)

So you repeat the same dungeon over and over, until the next one opens up?  So basically, you're saying is that if you choose to be a group player from 1-60, only 15% of the game applies to you?  This also means you are stuck on the "loot" drop table for that dungeon so your character is actually gimping himself, and you sacrifice any ability to harvest mats for crafting for the most part.. I would think a 4 rating would be more accurate..

Of course only a fraction of the game's content applies to you.  And it's exactly the fraction you choose.  I'm not sure at what point player freedom became a bad thing.

My orc mage alt hasn't repeated a single dungeon more than 3 times, so it feels like they updated the pacing of dungeons while leveling isn't too bad.  Admittedly a tank is going to have quicker cycles and replay dungeons more (maybe 6 replays per dungeon max?), but really which games out there have it better than WOW in regards to dungeon repeats? (honest question)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

Originally posted by Vahrane

You're right and the easiest answer I can give you is original EQ! I had to actually think to PvE in that game be it knowing about the opponent I intended to engage from conversation with fellow adventurers or trial and error ><. Hell with a caster you practically had to know how many spells you could get off with a full mana bar as well as from the mana you would be regaining from your buffs/gear during the fight. You were limited to 8 spells available at any one time as well though if quick could drop and memorize new spells mid combat with roots/snares/stuns/mezmerize. WoW has practically been watered down EQ from day one yet continues to get worse yet somehow keep people clamoring for more! 

It's hard to really compare original EQ quests and WoW quests.  Of course EQ had some few simple collection quests for newbies as well as a plethora of far from simple collections requiring the player traverse the world turning over near every rock, stone, and bush also following up any in game rumors that even seemed plausible. The majority of EQ's quest were fairly epic in scale and the only remotely similar WoW quest, that I personally have done, would be the old hunter epic Rhok'Delar and even that pales in comparison to the EQ class epics or even the Coldain Prayer Shawl! 

The one really awesome thing WoW did have was the opening of AQ 40 on the servers through the Gares of Ahn'Qiraj event and the creation of the Scarab Lord title. Which could be compared to the basically player created event of 3 guilds teaming up (Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialis Magicus) to kill him because no one had been able to! You can read more about that here if you would like > http://wikibin.org/articles/kerafyrm.html.

Perhaps also of some interest to you is a small write up done by someone with similar concerns as my own about the current state of MMO gaming and what the overly simplified questing is doing to the state of games today. http://www.brighthub.com/video-games/mmo/articles/29399.aspx

The 2nd article is a little wacky:

1. If the author wants grouping, why not group?  Why perform an activity clearly solo in nature?

2. Quests are a job, but mob-grinding somehow isn't....right.

3. And while I'll concede that exploration is undoubtedly less important with quests, that hasn't stopped me from liberally exploring games like WOW (and CoH).  I certainly agree that there is more that can be done for exploration-seeking players. (Archaelogy certainly wasn't it.)

But the rest of your response seems fine and I can't really respond since I didn't try EQ1 (I would have, but over the years it was popular I listened to 20 different people describe 20 different ways the game was irritating, tedious, or downright punishing.  It wasn't a game that wanted me to play it, by the sound of it.)

To a degree it sounds like a lot of what you want is already in WOW though, but just because "help Lady Sylvannas beat the snot out of the invading worgen" isn't formalized as a quest in addition to all others, you don't get the sense that you're partaking in an epic quest -- even though your actions undoubtedly are more varied than what you needed to do in those epic EQ1 quests.  But overall, helping Lady Sylvannas do just that is the multi-zone-spanning storyline you accomplish over many quests.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

I actually like when leveling is slow, but only when there are few levels to be had. This is one of the reasons why I've always loved the leveling curb of D&D. Only 20 levels, but they took a long time to get and you genuinely felt stronger with every single one. By 20 you were practically a god, and you felt like you worked damn hard getting there. Mind you since then Epic Levels have been introduced but that's a whole other monster.

When there's 80+ levels, a long level gain just feels tedious. Early Lineage 2 for example, was just tiresome. There was no joy in that. Instead it was like...yay level 40! That only took me 3 months....40 more to go.../die

Rappelz is another example, I remember getting .04% per monster and .2% per dungeon monster by level 80 before all those exp hikes and expansions were introduced, and even with the changes you were looking at .01% per dungeon mob kill by 110. You still had like 40 levels to go by that point. It's way too much.

Lineage 2 was pretty popular though, so clearly a lot of people are actually into that kind of thing. I find it more punishing than entertaining, though.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I understand exactly what the OP is getting at and I am often surprised at how many people completely miss the point.

1. The difference between a short leveling game and a long leveling game is the same as a the difference between a sitcom and a triology. A much better story (or game, story not required just as example) can be experienced if you have more time to express it.

2. The other difference between a short term leveling game and a long term leveling game is the differnece between a passtime and a hobby. As an example, you might spend a great deal of time reading short stories as a passtime but most people who read as a hobby want longer epics. To be fair, in that example a short story hobbyist could exist but more than likely they would be collectors of short stories or some other 'link' that makes it more long term and connected to previous.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• EmergenceEmergence Member Posts: 888

We must live in entirely opposite worlds.

I find every MMORPG to be ridiculously slow at leveling, to the point where I get bored after the 1st month because leveling slows down too much.

I don't believe it should take a month of playing 12 hours a day to reach max level.

I hate how levels 1-10 come in 2 hours, while levels 10-20 come in 4, and 20-50 come in 400. If it took 100 hours to level a character from 0 to 100 in WoW, I'd prefer it to take 1 hour per level...not 10 seconds for the first 20 levels, followed by 99 hours and 50 seconds for levels 99 to 100.

If leveling was constant and didn't slow down to be grindy and repetitive, I would subscribe for more than 1-3 month stints.

If being a developer means being quiet, mature, well-spoken, and disconnected from the community, then by all means do me a favor and believe I'm not one.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Vahrane

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here about the state of WoW's questing post Cata. Recently I was over at a buddies place whom still plays WoW and has since vanilla. I was watching him take his Goblin shaman (formerly Tauren shaman but what won't Blizzard do for more money) through the under water "seahorse capturing" zone Axehilt mentioned very briefly in his homage to WoW's uber questing. Now I will admit I didn't see him capture the sea horse but, ( and I will be sure to ask how exciting it was later)  what I did see was more of the same Kill this # of crabs/fishmen/turtles/anything else down there as well as the typical delivery quests or go find what's his face! At one point he did become a fishman and was given three buttons to spam while swimming around slaughtering even more fishmen (Joy!!). Please explain what I missed about this great expansion that has shifted the very foundations of WoW?

PS - The Day Deathwing Came - Lvl 40ish quest was actually fairly entertaining although incredibly easy!

Well it's easy to criticize WOW quests in isolation, but until you mention a game with superior solo PVE that criticism doesn't really mean much.

Oh come on. That's a ridiculous assertion and you know it.

A criticism is only valid if you can "cite something superior" - "superior" being an entirely subjective thing to begin with? Really?

So I can't say "this burger isn't very good", unless I can objectively say where I've had a better one? I can't say a car feels a bit too "rough" on the road unless I can objectively cite one that's smoother? I can't say I didn't really care much for a given roller coaster ride at an amusement park unless I can objectively cite one that's better?

It's clear you're a huge WoW fan, Axe, and are persistent in defending it. That's fine. But you're seriously stretching it here.

This last post of yours is a crock. You're subjectively setting a bar that no one can ever objectively reach... especially since you have already clearly concluded that "WoW is Superior".

It's a dishonest tactic I've seen people use to defend other MMOs. It's completely disingenuous as it conveniently puts you in a position where you're always going to be "right" - by your own standards - because no matter what game someone else cites, your answer could still be "nope, WoW still does it better".

It allows you to forever move the goal post or raise the bar.

Someone doesn't have to "cite something better" to voice a negative opinion of something else. If you can't accept someone's differing opinion and can so arrogantly put up such a bogus standard as you do in that last post, well... it says a lot more about you than it does anyone else.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I've come back to WoW after two years away .Leveling was fast two years ago and its even faster now . I think the fact you get absurd amounts of xp from the BGs on a call to arms weekend and the dungeon finder (grinder) is a huge amount to do with it as well as making leveling a 1/3 rd faster than vanilla . The problem is leveling is not only fast its easy as hell . I've found myself in the Bgs most of the time because its the only challenge left in the game . I've played a few other mmos but I think this claim can only be leveled at WoW in my experiance . Shame really it was once such a great game .

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Emergence

We must live in entirely opposite worlds.

I find every MMORPG to be ridiculously slow at leveling, to the point where I get bored after the 1st month because leveling slows down too much.

I don't believe it should take a month of playing 12 hours a day to reach max level.

If you feel you "need" to play that much then that's a product of how quickly you want to get to level cap, not a "requirement" of the game.

Something "taking too long" is 100% subjective. It's based on how quickly the individual feels they'd like to be achieving a goal, and finding they can't do so without - as you demonstrate - sinking more time into the activity.

Unfortunatley, there's nothing for that. There's no standard of "how long it should take to reach level cap" in MMOs. No such objective standard exists, anywhere. No one dictates that.

It would seem to me that if you find it that miserable having to level up in MMOs that don't progress as quickly as you'd like, in the time-span you'd like, with the amount of play-time you'd like... perhaps finding a MMO that's closer to what you'd like would be the best solution. Failing that, it is possible that maybe level-based games (e.g. MMOs, RPGs) aren't your cup of tea. Just some thoughts.

I hate how levels 1-10 come in 2 hours, while levels 10-20 come in 4, and 20-50 come in 400. If it took 100 hours to level a character from 0 to 100 in WoW, I'd prefer it to take 1 hour per level...not 10 seconds for the first 20 levels, followed by 99 hours and 50 seconds for levels 99 to 100.

So you don't have an issue with it taking 100 hours... but with how levels are distributed inside that time?

You realize that would be impossible to standardize something like "1 hour per level" right? Unless the game had you level up in 1 hour increments, regardless of what you were doing, including nothing (which would be lame). Otherwise, there's no way to standardize something like that. Some people are more efficient at leveling than others.

For example, my sister just recently gained 3 levels in the time it took me to gain 1- and we were both in the same level range. The reason is simply because our playstyles are different. She uses quest helpers and such to go directly to the quest locations. I prefer to seek and figure things out myself. In your suggestion, we would both gain the same number of levels even though she'd done far more than I had in that time span. That's rather lame in my opinion.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

If you want a long leveling curve play Darkfall. Simple.