Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to reactivate your square enix account?

4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

I canceled my Final fantasy 14 account before the free months started ... needless to say iam curious as to any changed they made.  I went to try to reactivate my account but it says my square enix account has been canceled and contact support.  I tried that but no where in support does it tell me how to reactivate a suare enix accoutn, it tells me i have to log in, but i cant log in because i guess i canceled the account.  What can be done? do i have to make a new count? would it be f2p? Thanks in advance

playing: Dragon Age
Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
Want to try: Fallen Earth

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I think you dun goofed.

I think, instead of canceling your subscription, you canceled your entire account. So it's probably gone, and you have to re-purchase the game if you want to play.

• shal.ffxishal.ffxi Member Posts: 115

ooooh he cancelled his own login? ouch....

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

S i have the game, i cant create a new account? If so i will heavy boycott SE, this is shady business...i have never been a troll, but this would turn me into one real fast.  If i have to spend 50$ just to play it again....man wow!

• CarilliCarilli Member UncommonPosts: 41

weird ive cancelled my service account ermm 3-4 seperate times . it always has let me reactivate .

• nicolette2nicolette2 Member UncommonPosts: 13

To answer your original request here is the link for Email support as soon as you go thru the steps in trying to fix your problem:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=902&la=1

Hope that helps!

• TaristarTaristar Member UncommonPosts: 34

When you cancel your Square Enix Games FFXI and FFXIV all you want to do is to cancel the content ID's for the game purchased, not the entire account. You can then at a later date reactivate the content ID's and have your characters and everything back. If you cancelled the entire account you will have to locate a contact us support phone #. Gove them a call and they can help you with the account stuff.

I am not going back to FFXIV until they fix the client, kinda understood the you can't alt tab back in the FFXI days but now a days it is just totally inexcusable. People don't get gaming rigs with multi-core processors and all that to play a game that won't alt-tab or let them multitask or play well with other programs that want directx.

Most any other game I can run and still check forums or Raptr client or whatever I want to do instead of being locked into  game and having to shut everything else off so it won't crash. I can run WoW and 3 Eve Online clients and Raptr and still have a browser open to check up on this and that from time to time.

FFXIV will crash anytime any other program tries to access directX for any reason. Have not had that problem with any other game in many many years. The graphics for FFXIV got quite a bit better, they are just better models of the FFXI stuff for the most part, but they just need to upgrade the rest of the programming for their client by just as much. They need to stop being stuck in the past with FFXI and acting like they have to have all the resources of your PC like they are used to doing with a console. They are 2 different platforms and need to be treated that way.

Most of the PC issues will be resolved by playing the game on the PS3 which evidently is what it is designed for. They need to have enough folks to make 2 different clents and keep them updated so they can excel on both platforms.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by birdycephon

I think you dun goofed.

I think, instead of canceling your subscription, you canceled your entire account. So it's probably gone, and you have to re-purchase the game if you want to play.

I REALLY don't think so.... lol

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Originally posted by nomss

I think you dun goofed.

I REALLY think so. If he can't log into his account, it's gone.

They had the same issue with POL. People instead of canceing their content ID, canceled their POL accounts, and inadvertently lost everything and had to re-purchase.

• CorresCorres Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by nomss

I think you dun goofed.

I REALLY think so. If he can't log into his account, it's gone.

They had the same issue with POL. People instead of canceing their content ID, canceled their POL accounts, and inadvertently lost everything and had to re-purchase.

yep. happens when you cancel out your whole account.

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

Only game I ever played where you can actually throw you box game that you played $60 for and have it become useless all for making a rather simple mistake. Worst game ever made...worst purchase i have ever made.  G/l to those supporting this.  FF11 was my 1st mmo, my favorite MMO...FF14 is the worst and the last dollar SE will ever see from me, my family, my friends, and their friends.  Your loss SE will be greater than 1 box fee from me.  Goodbye

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Heh you give up way to easily, and apparently havn't tried to contact SE yet.  Even when you cancel an account they should still ahve record of it in their database and may be able to reactivate it.  They can do this with accounts for FFXI that have sat for years unused, as well as deleted characters. 

I had my original account that hadn't been used in over 4 years found and reactivated, but you have to call them, and they'll of course have you answer all your personal info, including the last 4 digits of your CC if you had one on your account, and even the DVD Key.  Give them a call and and see...or send them an E-Mail as that appears to be the only option avail for FFXIV.

Anyway, hope this helps, but from your attitude above I doubt you care anymore...

BTW, if anyone else that is interested, you can purchase FFXIV from both Amazon or Gamestop for $29.99, and I don't doubt we have a solid 7-9 more months of free time before they'll release the PS3 ver and start charging subs. 

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260

yep ive lost all my logg in etc no way am i going to buy the game again.

best advise stay well away :), there some aaa mmorpgs comeing this year wait for them.

• BananaramaaBananaramaa Member Posts: 34

I had this, I did not delete or cancel my account, in fact I logged into it toward the end of 1.0 although I never payed a sub to try and sub but I'd missed the bracket, I certainly did not cancel my account at this point so obviously it dissapeared some time thereafter.

Say what you want guys claiming the OP deleted his account but I am doubtless THEY deleted my account, typical square. Honestly this company has the worst customer service practices I've ever come across bar none. I remember similar bs back when I was playing FFXI.

I'm going to try ringing later but I have a bad feeling about this given they don't even have my email address registered. There's no way I'm repaying and probably they've basically taken me for £40. Unbelievable, even EA would not pull this shit.

• KilwalaKilwala Member Posts: 1
    If you are trying to log into your Square account that is attached to your Final Fantasy 14 game, you should make sure you are logging in through the Lodestone website, http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com. Click the log in icon on the main page and then click "Log in the the account management system" . If you try to log in to your account from the Square-Enix website it will not let you log in. I had a buddy have the same issue when he was trying to check on his account just recently. Hopefully this helps.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Someone's been practicing their necromancy lately.  Though I guess it's suitable since it relates to the two year old thread.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • tonybeltrantonybeltran Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    You have to get in contact with the support team... If you have to subscribe again it would be a pity, so try to talk with them first. In the case if you have to subscribe again, I suggest you to buy an account directly. With these, you will be able to start advanced in the game, and dont waste time doing what you have done already. There are a few trustables sites where you can do that, like mmoauctions, but dont search it for forums or subreddits.