Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the worst pc game you have played?

Comments

• xenoidxenoid Member Posts: 2

From MMORPG i would say it's Conquer Online, it's addictive that's what kept me playing it, the game itself would've been very good if NOT the greedy company which wants to make money out of everything, up to banning/bot jailing innocent people so they would pay to get out how do you like it?! Developers doesn't care about what people want, they just do it as they want  for profit..

People there are awful too, they're rude, agressive, lots of people doesn't speak english and go all the way saying bunch of stuff you don't understand.

The so called "service" which is provided by the company is 90% of the time just ignores you in the chatroom where they should log in and talk to you, they don't even visit the chatroom not to mention help out. But there is about 25% better chance to get a reply if your name in chat is mohamed and you ask how to buy their ingame stuff.

Lots of cheaters/bots running around, and when your like telling that to the GMs or screen/video them they don't act at all, 10% chance they will do something to the person abusing the game.

There was once when a guy whispered a GM that was online in the game and got banned for that.

Every second patch they somehow manage to screw things up, how is it even possible?

Funny/sad as hell the game it is, do NOT ever play it!

• VaenVaen Member Posts: 140

This type of thread usually gets filled with games, that people were expecting to be good, but were dissapointed by it, even though the game isn't that bad. Ppeople also only remember the recent games they've played.

I know I've played a bunch of shitty ones, but can't remember them either. One I can think of is Shellshock 2: Bloodtrails. Linear FPS isn't the best genre, but Shellshock doesn't even do justice to the genre. Very rough, half-arsed, cliché, indie game. I usually love rough indie games, but Shellshock just made me feel very uncomfortable.

Biggest dissapointment was probably Age of Empires 3, after the glorious 2 along with its expansion. Comparing to many other similar RTS games, AoE3 isn't that bad though.

That's just the recent ones I can remember. Lately it has been hard to accidentally buy a bad games, as there's so much disussion and reviews about games, and people can't afford to develop bad games as much.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

Mortal Online was a joke of a game. It has to be the greatest talked about game that was anything but an actual game. U ran around for miles and never found anything to fight. The game looked as If it was in pre pre Alpha stage,, like the only thing existed was the terrain and environment.. That's not a game, it's just an idea..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

The force Unleashed.

• duelkoreduelkore Member Posts: 228

Sins of a Solar Empire.  I remember hearing so many praises about it.   Maybe I just dont like space games.  MAybe I bought so late. I bought it this year.  I could not stand it.  I dont know how it was touted as such a good RTS.   I found myself speeding up the gameplay to max speed, just to get some action out of it.   

• ZenoLocZenoLoc Member UncommonPosts: 71

Anything Derek Smart was within five light years of.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

For MMOs:

1.  Dark and Light  No other game is close.  Completely unfinished.  Add in the deciet and lies and no question its number one.

2. Age of Conan  For a number of reasons:

A.  Worst community of any MMO by far.  AoC's community actually made WoW's like a mature community.

B.  Game designed and made for children.  By emphasizing gore, nudity and profanity they targeted the worst of the kiddie community.  They designed the game with simplistic easy mode controls like their follow the arrow combat system.  The theme of AoC seems to be Flash over Substance.  With an emphasis on short term box sales over making an actual game.

C.  Most Deceitful company since SOE   Funcom outright lied to people on so many counts.  Aboiut the state of the game during beta, about the mircale build they claimed would be there at release, about how open beta tetsers were playing a less advancded version of the game, about how content for many zones was done when it was simply not done and how they played hide and switch with open beta limiting it to level 13.

3.  Mourning  See dark and Light.  Like the other two a lot of lies by the developers along with a completely unfinished game.

4.  Take your pick of whatever overhyped PvP game you want.  Darkfall, MO, Archmage or whatever. 

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

Judge Dredd: Dredd VS Death

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3710/

Avoid like the plague.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

The worst MMORPG I can remember last playing has to be Esteria Mythos.. In a time where 3-D graphics have been easy to come by and a decent game engine can be obtained for absurdly cheap amounts (some versions even free), this company releases a 2-D diablo clone with almost no customization and a few classes. A tad late to the party, the game was an empty mess.. I kinda felt bad for the dev team, because somewhere somehow they really thought they were on to something.. Sigh..

As for single player games, I could go on and on about the loads of shovelware crap that is pushed out by valusoft and found in your local walmart in their "bargain" pc game section, but that is an understood gimme.. The worst single player game that i have played that most people would know about is the battlecruiser series... Even the little "open-world" spinoff (forget its name) was a buggy mess.. So buggy, it was uncalled for.. In a close second place has to be operation Flashpoint.. yea, it was a military simulation but to me failed at being realistic other than 1 shot kills.. Arma showed us what a real military simulation should be like..

Worst console game I've ever played was Burning Road for PSX.. it was so generic and a blatant rip of Daytona USA. i remember buying it when I bought my first steering wheel accessory for the playstation and thinking, well damn for about 10 bucks more I could have got the deluxe edition of Daytona USA and had even more fun.. :-

Worst handheld game I ever played goes to Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff.. We have already witnessed the power of the DS.. There are many games that showcase its power and continue to do so with decent 3D graphics and such... So why.. WHY would a company release an "updated" version of a game in the same poor look of the past? I understand nastaligia and all that jazz, but part of updating a franchise is re-imagining it through the eyes of today's technology.. What would Tomb Raider look like if they decided to keep making the games look like the very first game? I really hope whenever they bring back the Streets of Rage franchise that they incorporate some of todays technology.. If they plan to release a 2D side scroller, they better include a free sony walkman and kurt cobain poster..

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by vyper21oo

Gothic III  oh hell really any of the Gothic games.

Two Worlds  is pretty horrible  as well.

i have to admit I found all the gothic games to be horrible as well. Shame that.

I like Gothic 4 it ain't that bad :)

• ResiaResia Member Posts: 119

Black and White

I still have it around here some where. It is a reminder to remember that many reviews back then were clearly only written after an hour of play time, cause 2 to 3 hours in you could tell the game was junk. Everyone I knew that bought this game hated it.

Other than that i can usually find enjoyment out of most games I buy.

"Because we all know the miracle patch fairy shows up the night before release and sprinkles magic dust on the server to make it allllll better." parrotpholk

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by MimiEZ

Worst MMO experiences:

1. Guild War: Just bored me to death, 100% uninspiring.

It's called Guild Wars, and it's actually one of the best games out there. The pvp is just outstanding.

Worst game I've ever played? Actua Soccer lol

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ircaddictsircaddicts Member UncommonPosts: 218

Worst game I ever played has to be world of borecraft as it bored me to me so much i fell asleep playing it after about 2 hours.  starcrap/starcrap 2 was a close second.  This post will probley be deleted as anti blizzard posts are not allowed on here

Top 3 MMO's PRE-CU SWG GW1 GW2

Worst 2 wow and Lotro Under standing stones it went woke 

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

Dark and Light beta, thank god I never bought it

• justandulasjustandulas Member Posts: 165

I know it's like crawling into an open grave and kicking a very dead and buried horse at this point, but it is no doubt FF14. It is very rare that you can wait many years for a game to release, get the collectors edition, and still put it down within the first week or so. FF14 is the long runaway winner for me in 2+ decades of PC gaming, most uninspiring and boring game I think I have ever played. I literally have played MUD's in the 90's more fun then FF14, which is quite an astonishing failure on SE's part to fail that hard that reading a book or playing a MUD is more fun than a graphically intensive 'next gen' game. If I type anymore about FF14, I'm likely to fall asleep so I'll stop now.

LoL. Yes, FF14 has to take the cake.  No company in history has done more harm to a franchise than SE.  

Originally posted by duelkore

LoL. Yes, FF14 has to take the cake.  No company in history has done more harm to a franchise than SE.  

I have played FF14 beta, and I got a whole lot further in that then I did Dark and Light

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

For me the worst PC game was Masters of Orion III (Moo 3).

Game maker Quicksilver let only 25 gamers in to beta test it .

The game was so bad that Quicksilver took the web site for it down within a month of it's release.

I think there will be one more final fanstasy game and thats it.  That franchise is done.   

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

1. Realms of Torment/Mourning

2. Dark and Light

2. Mortal Online (during "beta" last year)

That covers both MMO's and PC for me.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

Originally posted by duelkore

I think there will be one more final fanstasy game and thats it.  That franchise is done.   

13 and 14 were both resounding disappointments and it is quite obvious that they have lost the 'magic' that once made that franchise and company reknown. Fanboys will flame me for it but 13 was boring, linear and had dialogue that was unacceptably bad even for a japanimation game or film. Everytime one of the charecters talked or had a ridiculous, uninspired flashback (ALL TO THE SAME CITY OF FLOSHAM LOL) I just wanted to punch myself in the nuts as it would have been less painful to sit through. 14 was such an amazing failure it really isn't worth getting into beating that horse into the ground any further. Fanboys can cling to the hope that versus 13 will be different, but I doubt it. You know the company is going downhill faster then a fat guy chasing a runaway cheese wheel when their best hope for the 'future' would be a remake of a game they made long into the past (FF7 or FF3) and even they would just be butchered by the voice acting and dialogue SE lets into their games. FF is a dying franchise and I hate to say that as I grew up loving and waiting on each new edition, but it is what it is and SE has lost it.

• svbrucey23svbrucey23 Member Posts: 32

Rift, enough said.

Originally posted by svbrucey23

Rift, enough said.

Damn is rift really that bad bro? I haven't been keeping up with how the beta is going but kinda had it on the 'will check out when it's done' list for the year. I didn't have amazing hopes for it but hate to hear it could be as bad as some of these other titles :(

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

Its not bad don't listen to that guy.

Originally posted by justandulas

Originally posted by svbrucey23

Rift, enough said.

Damn is rift really that bad bro? I haven't been keeping up with how the beta is going but kinda had it on the 'will check out when it's done' list for the year. I didn't have amazing hopes for it but hate to hear it could be as bad as some of these other titles :(

While Rift is to me, the same old same old, it is tons better then some of the games mentioned.