Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: Letting Players Call the Shots

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Runescape team has let its players know that they are in charge of the soon to be released game update. A referendum has been posted for players to vote as to whether or not The Wilderness and Free Trade should be returned to the game. It's an unprecedented opportunity for players to guide the future of the game.

About Free Trade:

• Unrestricted Free Trade between players

• Unlimited staking in the Duel Arena

• The Grand Exchange would remain, but with the lower and upper price limits removed

• Party Room drop restrictions removed

• Item Lending still available

• Assist System still available

• LootShare and CoinShare still available

About the Wilderness:

• The Wilderness becomes a rather dangerous area again and players can kill each other for their items

• PVP, Bounty and Bounty +1 Worlds removed (game mechanics may be re-used in the future)

• New objects that affect combat will be analysed on an individual basis

• Gravestones would still be used outside of the Wilderness

• Various PVP items and gear will still be available and won’t become ‘rares’

• Revenants patrolling the Wilderness will be relocated

• Content located in the Wilderness area reviewed as follows:

• Quests (e.g. Spirit of Summer) and Activities (e.g. Clan Wars) would be relocated

• Other content (e.g. Treasure Trails, the Beacon Network and D&Ds) would be looked at on a case-by-case basis

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ryuyokoryuyoko Member Posts: 3

I voted yes. These changes would make me want to come back.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

here we go again...

when before total changes (dec 2007), I've posted on forum my thoughts about these drastic restrictions & as consequence, loosing of players base (p2p sure), I got ignored (same  as many other guys posted & signed petitions),

now, 3 years later, they found we were right and trying to bring all back in hope to get all players back and/or attract new members.

only during said 3 years many changes has occurred, many games released, guys grew up etc.

so I doubt that even with these, sure positive, changes old, bad graphics & grindy game will attract many customers.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
  • Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

the possibility the wilderness will become a ffa full loot epeen waving gankfest

um, no thanks

and I considered trying this game

some people aren't happy till they can ruin the fun for everyone and gank whoever they think was stupid enough to mind their own business and brag how they ganked this many people and feel good about themselves for doing it

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Spiritof55

the possibility the wilderness will become a ffa full loot epeen waving gankfest

um, no thanks

and I considered trying this game

some people aren't happy till they can ruin the fun for everyone and gank whoever they think was stupid enough to mind their own business and brag how they ganked this many people and feel good about themselves for doing it

The wilderness was, and if it comes back will be, totally optional for all players. There is almost no desirable content out in the wilderness, and if you don't like PvP you really have no need to go out into it.

I played the game for years and the only time I ever went out there was when I felt like going out there.

• galliard1981galliard1981 Member Posts: 256

i am impressed by the idea of referendum

others should follow

Playing: Rohan
    Played (from best to worst): Shadowbane, Guild Wars, Shayia, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, Rappelz, Archlord, Knight online, King of Kings, Kal online, Last chaos

• kingstrange8kingstrange8 Member Posts: 2

(kingstrange8) i would glady come bak 2 runescape if u would put the wildernese like u say ull put it.

(princerobby)  i would comm ba if u would let all players do the member quests as well ad go 2 places where no free acc can go.

allen fitchett

• kingstrange8kingstrange8 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by kingstrange8

(kingstrange8) i would glady come bak 2 runescape if u would put the wildernese like u say ull put it.

(princerobby)  i would com bak if u would let all players do the member quests as well ad go 2 places where no free acc can go.

allen fitchett

• ClockskullClockskull Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

here we go again...

when before total changes (dec 2007), I've posted on forum my thoughts about these drastic restrictions & as consequence, loosing of players base (p2p sure), I got ignored (same  as many other guys posted & signed petitions),

now, 3 years later, they found we were right and trying to bring all back in hope to get all players back and/or attract new members.

only during said 3 years many changes has occurred, many games released, guys grew up etc.

so I doubt that even with these, sure positive, changes old, bad graphics & grindy game will attract many customers.

I disagree. I stoped playing when i was 13. Now im 17. And i'd happily come back to this game if the made these changes. The reason its a crappy graphic game is why its so popular. Its fun to play AND anyone can play it. You dont need a good computer to play runescape. And for anyone who doesnt like the old wild, just dont go into it. There are plenty of minigames for pvp that you dont lose items in. And once they get rid of the trade limits i can finaly get some profit from trading.

Im all for this update. You'll have one Member back.