Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Online forums

request for subforum ^^ for what could be a breaktrough in MMORPG's for years to come..

http://archeagesource.com/topic/96-archeage-review/

Comments

• GoggyGoggy Member Posts: 84

I've been reading a lot about this game recently, It's got some nice ideas.

It does seem very ambitious though. Lets hope they can pull it off!

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Seriously, the graphics, the freedom, the features, it's just crazy. Crazy!!

Man what I would give for TES lore in that engine, heck Bethesda should be taking notes.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

indeed! I can only dream that Bethesda would make an MMO with such graphics combined with there amazing RPG/Story elements. But ArcheAge Online is a sandbox game so a good lore isnt top priority... but we talk in new subforum soon about this game :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This game has been top of my list for a few months now. I almost dont want it to have a subforum here.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I agree that it should have a subforum here.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Thanks for your feedback. I will definitely forward this along!

any update ? we need a place to get our hypezz up ; )

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Yeah indeed, we definitely need a subforum for such a great MMO!

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

This game could be huge!  Needed is subforum yes!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

aye still waiting for a reply. Will send a MOD a message if we dont hear back in a few days. We needz to hypez this game O_*

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

support

when you look at some the rubbish that does have its own archeage more than deserves its own place.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Free to Play.  calm the hype until you see the business model first :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

I will wait to see the model for the F2P aspect.  I get that it is the "new reality" likely but the way it is done makes all the difference.

EDIT:  MMOSITE says it is F2P but this is the latest I could find from the devs.

2. The second question is related to ArcheAge’s revenue model. Is it going to be P2P or F2P? If you are not ready to answer this question now please let us know what payment way you personally think is preferable.

–> We have not made any decision regarding the business model, but we are open to each market’s needs. Enjoy!

I can safely say if they deliver on all the specifics, i dont care what business model they use.  Im speaking for myself but am guessing a few others might feel the same. 

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Originally posted by adderVXI

I can safely say if they deliver on all the specifics, i dont care what business model they use.  Im speaking for myself but am guessing a few others might feel the same. 

No I agree for the most part.  Alganon launch was an example of how to kill a game fast.  Pay to Win is also not cool. . XP potions, cosmetic items etc. . sure.   MyOwnzJu PvP set for sale. . no thanks.

Aside from that yes.  This game . . even the possibility of this game will keep my from buying many "in between" games.  It sounds like everything I want. . but so did MO and Xsyon.

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Originally posted by adderVXI

No I agree for the most part.  Alganon launch was an example of how to kill a game fast.  Pay to Win is also not cool. . XP potions, cosmetic items etc. . sure.   MyOwnzJu PvP set for sale. . no thanks.

Ya i would have to agree, thats the one that would ruin it for me.  If it was free and they sold fluff crap i would buy some just to support the game i guess.

George Washington

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Aside from that yes.  This game . . even the possibility of this game will keep my from buying many "in between" games.  It sounds like everything I want. . but so did MO and Xsyon.

Absolutely true,same happaned with me..But both MO and Xsyon were created by indie-developers,ulike ArcheAge which seems it has a huge budget behind it.

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Finally a sandbox with a big budget and professional talent!!!!!!! So Excited!

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Originally posted by Manasu

Absolutely true,same happaned with me..But both MO and Xsyon were created by indie-developers,ulike ArcheAge which seems it has a huge budget behind it.

This is true.  The one things I read though. . I have been reading a LOT about the game. . is that it was designed for hard core players but they are trying to add things to make it viable for a casual player to enjoy.  I consider myself in the middle.  A casual player who plays more than he should.  I played UO, DAoC etc hard core.  It could be that those days are behind me or that a game like this will take up more time than I should give it.  I am hoping for the second.  I feel like I am bumping the thread a lot  but I do agree that it needs a forum.  This game is certainly not going away.  Even if they deliver on a basic level it will be great.  

I agree about the budget etc.  Potential plus capital = some hope of success.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Combat looks a bit plain, maybe boring, but the game looks spectacular, please add this forum, it has all the requirements!

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Agreed.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by TheIllusive

request for subforum ^^ for what could be a breaktrough in MMORPG's for years to come..

http://archeagesource.com/topic/96-archeage-review/

/signed

I'll be following this one closely, it has massive potential.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

While the game looks amazing graphically and what information I've skimmed from watching videos does look very promising it's a little hard to judge this one since all of the written info I've found so far has been in Korean. The game does look great but I've played some awefully pretty looking dung heaps in the last few years. I like the blend of western and eastern styles in the appearence of the game.

Yes, although I am skeptical (As I am with every game in developement these days) the game does look like it may be the sandbox we've all been waiting for (But then again so did DF and MO). This game definitely deserves it's own little home here at MMORPG.com. I fully support adding this game to the game list and giving it it's own forum. I will be watching this one very closely.

The only issue I see is it may be a long wait before we see this one in the west as it hasn't even been released in Korea yet. Also I can't help but wonder what a war on the Korean Penisula will do to the eastern MMO market. If that happens this game and many others in developement in Korea may never see the light of day. Even if it released in Korea tomorrow it would still be the better part of a year before we see a western release and that whole area may be hip deep in war by then. Sad but it's something we must all consider when looking at games from that region now as their future is VERY uncertain at this point.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

SIgned.

Guess i dont need the space while searching. Thats why i didnt find anything.

• KnurlsKnurls Member Posts: 9
    Not sure why this one doesn't have a subforum yet, it's like one of the only MMO's worth following at the moment, definitely the only sandbox one.

/signed