Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Open Beta Trailer

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTvQKGY8i3U

The greatest mmorpg ever made... TERA is the new MMO. the juicest of the juice. pure juice.

Comments

• cc170cc170 Member Posts: 146

I want to play it really bad, I need to learn Korean so I can understand how to setup an account. 

Playing:WoW, GA
    Played:WoW,WAR,AoC,EQ,CoH,GW,EVE,Aion
    Want to play:SW:TOR

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Thanks: In-game footage is the way to go and that's great to see. Art environments are solid. Can't wait for solid reports on the combat system.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Thanks for the video.  I've been interested in this game for a long time - really looking forward to its release in NA.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Nice trailer, but i'll rather have a pvp video honestly :p

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by cc170

I want to play it really bad, I need to learn Korean so I can understand how to setup an account. 

Only Koreans can enter the Open Beta :( you need a Korean SSID, which is personbound. And please, do NOT try to use a Korean SSID generator because you wil get caught, and fined BIG time.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Holy mackerel did you see the way that tank beserker was it charge in front of the ranger to take the blow. Most games the minute the monster attacks there is no way to block because of the pre determined dice roll or pathway that cannot be dodged or blocked in time but that was super great to watch. Imagine that type of skill in game.

Chamber of Chains
  • cc170cc170 Member Posts: 146

Originally posted by TheIllusive

Only Koreans can enter the Open Beta :( you need a Korean SSID, which is personbound. And please, do NOT try to use a Korean SSID generator because you wil get caught, and fined BIG time.

My question is, why would you need something like an SSID to play an open beta for a dammed MMO?

Playing:WoW, GA
    Played:WoW,WAR,AoC,EQ,CoH,GW,EVE,Aion
    Want to play:SW:TOR

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

My question is, why would you need something like an SSID to play an open beta for a dammed MMO?

Its to keep an eye out on hackers. Remember the Blizzard Real id thingie, where they hoped to cut the bashing and flaming trolling to a limit because people used there real ids? well think that on a larger scale :p its a shame for us though, ill admit... but than again, even if we could play the game, we couldnt read korean xD ( or does the game has English text already avaible? )

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

I think it has to do with age requirements. I seem to remember a similar thing with Aion where people who were under a certain age couldn't play as long or had some sort of limited access.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

• Originally posted by SovrathI think it has to do with age requirements. I seem to remember a similar thing with Aion where people who were under a certain age couldn't play as long or had some sort of limited access.

Guess so, in korea this game is restricted to 18+ players. And in korea age check is a serious matter, if you aren't 18+ for real you can't play.

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by kdchan

^ Is made to keep away ignorant trolls like you, so have fun to play your crap GW2 or Wow, you are a nonofactor in the end and obviously you will never play Tera anyway that is very good for me. Less retard mean a better better community for us fans. Oh and your father is a dirty sickos, keep the insulting for yourself retard frogman.

Also reported for insulting the community.

Actually, he is right about the little girls being dressed that way. It's pretty annoying.

As for the men, there's actually some manlier versions of the humans. What you're mostly seeing in the trailer are the male elves, which look young and fair with long ears.

There's actually quite a lot of variety in the character customization in TERA, and I've seen the combat for this game in other youtube videos. There's blood and lots of cool moves. The gameplay looks fun and a little twitchy, which is how I like it. You can actually aim with a crosshair.

The girls are incredibly naked in this game. Don't deny it. Which is probably why it's 18+ in korea. It might get an M rating for NA. I don't think there's any actual nudity. But it's definitely quite emphasized.