Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that has Tons of Classes/Customization

Phatz1975Phatz1975 Member Posts: 14

Hey All,

Just got done playing the BETA3 from RIFT (great game).  I realized that I am a HUGE fan of having OPTIONS when creating my character.  Not just about what they look like but about what Spells/skills they can use. What kind of pets I can or cannot have. 

I guess what I am saying is I need a game that Has as many options for my character as possible.   Any Ideas?

Comments

• EolynnEolynn Member UncommonPosts: 20

Two games come to my mind: Istaria (former known as Horizons) and Champions Online.

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

City of heros/villains/going rouge.  http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/game_updates/game_updates_-_issue_list.html

19 Free content issue expansions, 2 major paid expansions  more AT's then you can shake a stick att.

with each AT having a vast ammount of power sets.

and a character creator with so many options you will most likley

never see someone with the exact same thing you have on..

I could go on and on, just check it out for yourself.

Ive been playing it off and on for  almost 6 years now..

the hopepage is http://www.cityofheroes.com

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

I was impressed with Pirates of the burning sea F2P,as a former beta tester i thought what the hell so tried the F2P model and was very suprised at the progress it has made,one thing though they have a Captains Club option basically an upgrade on the F2P element so if u like the game the option is always there to get most out of the game.

Also Avatar and ship customisation is some of the best i've seen and the wide range of skills gives a varied choice to which route u want to take your toon and ship ,also the country of origin IE:Spain gives different options and add a whole new element to the gameplay.

p>
  • Phatz1975Phatz1975 Member Posts: 14

Ok I just checked out Istaria...  I just could not get into it.  I don't know why, maybe its the amount I had to drink tonight.  Ill try it out again at a later date I think.

I'm going to check out CoH and Pirates of Burning Sea now.   

any other great suggestions out there?

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Hmm, when I play Rift I'm reminded of all the cool classes in EQ2.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Phatz1975

Hey All,

Just got done playing the BETA3 from RIFT (great game).  I realized that I am a HUGE fan of having OPTIONS when creating my character.  Not just about what they look like but about what Spells/skills they can use. What kind of pets I can or cannot have. 

I guess what I am saying is I need a game that Has as many options for my character as possible.   Any Ideas?

Guildwars seems to have the most possibilities for a unqiue build. They have thousands of possible builds with little to no grind. I have never played a game with that many options that you can change at almost any time.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• PheushiaPheushia Member Posts: 3

I'd probably say EQ2, loads of classes as well as races. Good PvE and graphics as well.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Originally posted by darker70

I was impressed with Pirates of the burning sea F2P,as a former beta tester i thought what the hell so tried the F2P model and was very suprised at the progress it has made,one thing though they have a Captains Club option basically an upgrade on the F2P element so if u like the game the option is always there to get most out of the game.

Also Avatar and ship customisation is some of the best i've seen and the wide range of skills gives a varied choice to which route u want to take your toon and ship ,also the country of origin IE:Spain gives different options and add a whole new element to the gameplay.

is that open pvp?

• markh777markh777 Member UncommonPosts: 150

Anyone know when Champions Online is going F2P like they said?

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

If you don't mind instances, DDO is your game.  This game is all about character building, and if you build it wrong, you can gimp yourself and it may be irreversible.  Races matter, choices of weapon matters, multiclass matters, and the combinations of these choices matter.  A lot.  It is very satisfying to build a character right, especially one where everything converges at certain levels and you feel the power of your choices coming to bear.

A lot of the veterans stick around just to see what they can create.

The caveat is, once you play it enough, the fun is not in the content, but in the growing of your character project.  It's too one-sided in this respect.

If anyone ever did a complex character development like DDO for a virtual world mmo (with instancing not emphasized), I'd be all over it.

Maybe GW is?  But it's too late for me, I think I'll wait for GW2.

• Edd213Edd213 Member UncommonPosts: 19

This is a EASY ANSWER - Rift Played the Beta Extremely Customizable multi classes all choice and amazing graphics and character customization