Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm going to take a leap of faith with this game,

2»

Comments

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Is the game worth the small box fee atm? If so I've seen copies of it for like $15 and that's not alot for a game that is currently free subs. Is the game also going to be crossplatform with the PS3 version when that comes out, or is that totally out of the question at this point?

I think I'd pick it up for $15 and mess around on it if it's not totally unplayable but I was never into FF11 so I've no threshold for what a FF MMO is supposed to be like anyway.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Originally posted by LizardEgypt

Is the game worth the small box fee atm? If so I've seen copies of it for like $15 and that's not alot for a game that is currently free subs. Is the game also going to be crossplatform with the PS3 version when that comes out, or is that totally out of the question at this point?

I think I'd pick it up for $15 and mess around on it if it's not totally unplayable but I was never into FF11 so I've no threshold for what a FF MMO is supposed to be like anyway.

I find it plenty of fun. You will need a day or two to get used to the feel for it but no more than any other MMO i Played. Less so than some. In terms of complexity, EvE interface puts this one to shame. Tha said there is stil a learning curve here and the fluffy appearance of the game can have a hypnotic effect. U are going to find lots of hate for this game, I did and bought it anyway. I'm glad I did.

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

May I ask where you seen the game for $15. I might give it a whirl if I can get a deal like that. Bored with Cataclysm already, just the same old. I played FFXI for a couple years and hoped 14 would recapture that feeling but I played the beta and it just wasn't at a level I could justify paying for.

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Honestly its not the worst mmo i have boughten (looks at you aoc).

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• OcirusskdOcirusskd Member Posts: 212

I bought ffxiv blindly and thought it was ok at first but then fell in love with it, and then hated it, after I leveled some and after i spent days searching players bags for a new lance while waiting for the long coldowns on quests so I could continue leveling, and grinding mobs didn’t work

I hear they added a item search and making it easier to get to 20 where more content opens up and have thought about giving it another shot since the game itself has that old nostalgia feeling of games past.

I wonder if the item search is useful or not? because any game that doesn’t have a market that easily allows players to exchange goods is a waste of my time. The system of searching player bags with no clue to what in them is a horrible time sync, which usually ends up with no benefit after hours of clicking on one person at a time.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by Skeeterxi

May I ask where you seen the game for $15. I might give it a whirl if I can get a deal like that. Bored with Cataclysm already, just the same old. I played FFXI for a couple years and hoped 14 would recapture that feeling but I played the beta and it just wasn't at a level I could justify paying for.

It was a local EBgames, must have had no luck moving copies here because everyone where I live only plays call of duty.

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.